Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
oren said:
Hahaha ya Ari and his weird jokes lol!! And congrats!!!

Just a question about 'Next up: Find a guarantor and 2 references then apply for passport.' --- why do you need guarantor and 2 references to apply for passport?
My thought exactly...

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
Just a question about 'Next up: Find a guarantor and 2 references then apply for passport.' --- why do you need guarantor and 2 references to apply for passport?
Because that's what everybody has to do? This is a requirement on the passport application form...

Passport application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/forms/pdf/pptc153.pdf

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Hi All, I had my test yesterday at CIC Calgary and finished in 3 minutes.

Then went into another room where they were conducting interviews. The CIC officer didn't disclose test results until the very end, when I found out I passed with 18/20

I was scared I would be issued an RQ, as I previously applied for citizenship in 2011 and was given an RQ. At the time, I self-declared at time of application that I do not meet the physical residency requirement; I had withdrawn that application in early 2015 and re-applied in May. I was almost guaranteed to be issued an RQ.

The officer proceeded with checking my passports and ALL stamps; he asked if I still had status in Saudi Arabia or Dubai, for which I previously used to have status; he was checking each declared trip on my application one by one. After he was done with all the checking, he said that everything checks out and he is satisfied, and I should expect oath in 1-3 months!

So this is for those people with previous RQs to still have hope that they don't necessarily get re-issued an RQ :)

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
Hahaha ya Ari and his weird jokes lol!! And congrats!!!

What sjakub said ;D I found the requirement weird too...

ashirale

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2133/2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2007
Doc's Request.
10-2009
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-2011
Attended the test and interview today. At the interview, the officer was polite and professional: She asked about my home address and current employment and whether I travelled abroad. She also congratulated me on passing the test. She then flipped through my passport to check for stamps, asked for the prohibitions form and asked me if I had any police or military issues (what's that?). She also told me that the oath will be in 1 to 3 months and that I was free to go.

This is probably a repeat of everyone else's experience.....took about 3 minutes.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I got an invitation email this afternoon and the test is on Dec 1st

Now I have to find out where the book is ..... I can't remember anything I've read before .... so sad... ??? :-\

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
Finally got the test date....Nov 18....excited that it is finally moving and yet nervous because it is the last step to finally become a Canadian. I started reading the book yesterday and boy....those dates and names... :-(

There is a pink document enclosed together with the test invite letter. Am I expected to fill that up now or on the day itself in the presence of the CIC officer?

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
Thanks, man. I appreciate. I just don't trust the communication means that much. I'm always afraid of having missed an email or something. I'll keep my eyes open.
Meanwhile, could you please check your e-CAS from time to time and tell us if there is any changes? If the e-Cas is updated, I will be more calm.
OK, i will check and let you know if there is any update there.
Best wishes for you;-)

UPDATE after 5 mins:

Yes my eCAS is updated now. Still shows DM but the page inside is updated and have 4 items now:

-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 21, 2015.
-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 8, 2015.
-We started processing your application on July 14, 2015.
-We sent you a notice on November 2, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 18, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Some guys also have test invitation info but not me..

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munchenxx said:
OK, i will check and let you know if there is any update there.
Best wishes for you;-)

UPDATE after 5 mins:

Yes my eCAS is updated now. Still shows DM but the page inside is updated and have 4 items now:

-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 21, 2015.
-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 8, 2015.
-We started processing your application on July 14, 2015.
-We sent you a notice on November 2, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 18, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Some guys also have test invitation info but not me..

Gosh. the date is Nov 18, not Nov 19... short circuit in my head:pP
Signature info updated.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Did any of May 's applicants from Edmonton office get the oath invitation? I did my test yesterday and I want to have like a time line based on yours.

Thanks

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
I took test on Oct 13 in Edmonton. Interview went well. No further documents were asked. My status is "in process". For most folks, the status changed to "decision made" within few days. I have two visits to US without entry stamps to Canada. But I did provide the arrival departure record from US. The arrival departure record had one record, but didn't have other. Not sure what is going on.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
jxyj01 said:
I took test on Oct 13 in Edmonton. Interview went well. No further documents were asked. My status is "in process". For most folks, the status changed to "decision made" within few days. I have two visits to US without entry stamps to Canada. But I did provide the arrival departure record from US. The arrival departure record had one record, but didn't have other. Not sure what is going on.
I had my interview on November 3, at the end of the interview the officer said you passed the test and the interview and wait for the oath from 2 to 4 months. No update on the Ecas and I wanted to check on May guys and it is weird in your case because March applicant had their oath after one month from the test. Did you have an old lady? She was so tough in interviews yesterday.
I have another approach saying they are getting rid now of late 2014 applicants for oath in Edmonton. There is thread for them and suddenly all get their oath in November and early December.
No worries we will be the next.
Thank you for your response and wish you all the best and soon you will say or shout here and say faams "I got my oath letter" please tell me when you get it.

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
FAAMS said:
I had my interview on November 3, at the end of the interview the officer said you passed the test and the interview and wait for the oath from 2 to 4 months. No update on the Ecas and I wanted to check on May guys and it is weird in your case because March applicant had their oath after one month from the test. Did you have an old lady? She was so tough in interviews yesterday.
I have another approach saying they are getting rid now of late 2014 applicants for oath in Edmonton. There is thread for them and suddenly all get their oath in November and early December.
No worries we will be the next.
Thank you for your response and wish you all the best and soon you will say or shout here and say faams "I got my oath letter" please tell me when you get it.
Mine was a white guy, he was very friendly and nice. He told that oath will be in 2-4 months.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
jxyj01 said:
Mine was a white guy, he was very friendly and nice. He told that oath will be in 2-4 months.
I think you will be getting the letter soon as I mentioned they are finishing November and December applicants of 2014 and May applicants will be next. He said the same to us let us wish for the best :)

yivet

Jun 26, 2015
FAAMS said:
Did any of May 's applicants from Edmonton office get the oath invitation? I did my test yesterday and I want to have like a time line based on yours.

Thanks
I will update my status once I get mine. Did u guys sign any paper there? I signed one with 2 pages. :)