+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi,
My wife completed her test today 20/20 (Scarborough on Oct 21-2015 10.15 AM slot). There were basic questions in the interview and two forms to sign

1. white form an affidavit to self attest that the documents and information provided are true.

2. Green document asking if there any limitations not allowing to be eligible for citizenship like have you been convicted, imprisoned or illegal terrorist association

but at the end the officer has told her that Oath will take 4 months. Even though she requested for anything earlier the officer was curt that is the earliest and cannot be earlier than that.

I know that they do not give immediate Oath invite like they used to but 4 months seems excessively slow. Did anyone experience the same?
In Montreal I did not sign any paper in GREEN.
Just two forms i signed:
1) white form: an affidavit to self attest that the documents and information provided are true.---> this one i was asked to sign during the interview

2) Form CIT0039 (also white) had been sent to me along with the test invitation email---> it was required to be signed IN ADVANCE and be submitted during the interview.

Seems different provinces are using different forms..?
I have to say again, CIC is really a mess.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I didn't know what form number it was but it's about the applicant not being a subject of a criminal procedure or an immigration investigation. If you are then don't sign the form, if you're not then sign the form. It might cause the applicant not able to take the oath if he/she signed and is under criminal procedure/immigration investigation.

It looks like it's Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act form (CIT 0039) form.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
Oh I didn't know what form number it was but it's about the applicant not being a subject of a criminal procedure or an immigration investigation. If you are then don't sign the form, if you're not then sign the form. It might cause the applicant not able to take the oath if he/she signed and is under criminal procedure/immigration investigation.

It looks like it's Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act form (CIT 0039) form.
OK, ya i think CIT0039 is doing the same thing. Just ask me to confirm that i am not doing anything illegal or offending the law. But it is whote, not gree, in Quebec.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Munchenxx said:
Congrats Bigudi! :)

I also did the test/interview in Montreal yesterday.Quick Q: in your interview, how many forms did you sign? I only signed a form (printed on a white paper) and did not sign any GREEN forms. But Oren and some other guys here they signed BOTH the white one and the GREEN one...not sure what is that..
Aloha there!
I only signed one white paper. I am pretty sure this green document other people signed is the "I'm not a criminal" document that we had to sign in advance when it came by mail.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I have a question, my good friends.

I just passed my test today. Should I expect my e-CAS to be updated next Tuesday? Is this even important?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Bigudi said:
I have a question, my good friends.

I just passed my test today. Should I expect my e-CAS to be updated next Tuesday? Is this even important?
It updates whenever (i.e. any day of the week, including weekend), not only on Tuesdays.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
tidebreaker said:
Got the "get ready to take the test on Nov 3" letter in the mail on Oct 20, 2015.
Congratulations,

Study the book, and do the online practice, and you will be fine !
Please update the tracker

doctor80

Oct 22, 2015
Hi guys. I have one question here to ask.
My online application status is showing IN PROCESS, since Sept 20, 2015.

The question is this - When the test invitation is sent by mail, does the online application status change as well?

I'm worried because they did not put my correct address initially and I've changed it online, but can't be sure for 100% that they won't do another mistake. At least online status is reliable way to me to see an indication.

Thank you

Vanguard

Jul 23, 2015
doctor80 said:
Hi guys. I have one question here to ask.
My online application status is showing IN PROCESS, since Sept 20, 2015.

The question is this - When the test invitation is sent by mail, does the online application status change as well?

I'm worried because they did not put my correct address initially and I've changed it online, but can't be sure for 100% that they won't do another mistake. At least online status is reliable way to me to see an indication.

Thank you
Mine was in process a few days earlier than yours and I am still waiting for the test invite as well. What is your local office?

Calgary15

Sep 17, 2015
doctor80 to answer to your question:

Once CIC sends you the test invitation by mail, you will be able to see this in your ecas. It will say, We have sent you a letter to appear for the test..... on so and so date.
The file on ecas will still show "in process".

So don't worry. Your ecas will be updated.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Calgary15 said:
I have a few stamps missing on my passport upon arrival in Canada.

Is it going to be a real problem?

Aloha there. This is definitely a non-issue.
For more details, check this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/missing-passport-stamp-interview-in-on-week-help-t362515.0.html

Calgary15

Sep 17, 2015
Thanks Bigudi.

I have another problem. I forgot to report one day that I was in the US. I crossed the border for 4 hours and came back to Canada.

Any views on this. But I still have more than 1095 days.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Calgary15 said:
Thanks Bigudi.

I have another problem. I forgot to report one day that I was in the US. I crossed the border for 4 hours and came back to Canada.

Any views on this. But I still have more than 1095 days.
Relax, you dont havetoreport aday trip.