+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep yep so fast hehehe I can't remember if he said congrats to me. And yey congrats!!

Munchenxx said:
Exactly the same happened on me , Oren. Teh interview was just 3 minutes checking my passport and ask general questions.. Also i got 20/20 and teh CO said congratulations...
Yes, I have Line 4 stating Test invite. It was around the time I got my test invite too.

Munchenxx said:
BTW, i finished my test already but in my eCAS it still just shows my case is In Processing: "We started processing your application since xxxxxx。。"

For you folks who obtained DM already, is there any info about the Test Invitation between "we start processing....." line and the DM? Or did it change from "In Processing "
to DM DIRECTLY without any Test invitation info in the eCAS?

Thanks folks!

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many times have you read Discover Canada? Are you doing practice test non-stop?

ari5323 said:
I am so nervous, lets see hoe fast my test and interview will be..
Wish me luck,
Ari

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
I am so nervous, lets see hoe fast my test and interview will be..
Wish me luck,
Ari
The test is very easy as long as you read thru the booklet at least once(i read just once..).So take it easy and good luck :)

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
Yep yep so fast hehehe I can't remember if he said congrats to me. And yey congrats!!

Yes, I have Line 4 stating Test invite. It was around the time I got my test invite too.
Thanks Oren!:)

I am a little upset why there is no Line 4 in my eCAS so far, even after i finished my test already.
Did you see some notes written in red ink by the CO in your original application forms when you sign during the interview? I dont knwo what these comments are..
FIngers crossed to see my DM in eCAS ASAP.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't had time to see what he wrote :3

Ari, when you do your test and interview tomorrow. During the interview they will ask you to sign a white paper, can you go and read it, see what you're signing and what they wrote? I think it should be fine it you take your time reading what you're signing since you're signing it, that means you need to know the content. They will 'tell' you what it is but still better to see. The interviewer told me it's about clearance but that's what the Green paper we signed is all about right?? Munchen, did your interviewer tell you what's the white paper all about? Ari, CHECK what's written on the White paper please :D Good luck tomorrow!! ^_^

Munchenxx said:
Thanks Oren!:)

I am a little upset why there is no Line 4 in my eCAS so far, even after i finished my test already.
Did you see some notes written in red ink by the CO in your original application forms when you sign during the interview? I dont knwo what these comments are..
FIngers crossed to see my DM in eCAS ASAP.

ashirale

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2133/2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2007
Doc's Request.
10-2009
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-2011
Just received my test invite in the mail, dated October 16th. Checked my E-Cas and it has been updated today as well. Test Date: November 5th. I am a Calgary applicant.

asdsd

May 31, 2015
Wow...Calgary is moving now....I am last on the Calgary list from IP perspective (25th Aug), but I do see "Lovingmum" with IP 24th Aug already received the test invite.....hope I get the same soon...

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
oren said:
I didn't had time to see what he wrote :3

Ari, when you do your test and interview tomorrow. During the interview they will ask you to sign a white paper, can you go and read it, see what you're signing and what they wrote? I think it should be fine it you take your time reading what you're signing since you're signing it, that means you need to know the content. They will 'tell' you what it is but still better to see. The interviewer told me it's about clearance but that's what the Green paper we signed is all about right?? Munchen, did your interviewer tell you what's the white paper all about? Ari, CHECK what's written on the White paper please :D Good luck tomorrow!! ^_^
Will do my best to memorize it, Oren

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My wife completed her test today 20/20 (Scarborough on Oct 21-2015 10.15 AM slot). There were basic questions in the interview and two forms to sign

1. white form an affidavit to self attest that the documents and information provided are true.

2. Green document asking if there any limitations not allowing to be eligible for citizenship like have you been convicted, imprisoned or illegal terrorist association

but at the end the officer has told her that Oath will take 4 months. Even though she requested for anything earlier the officer was curt that is the earliest and cannot be earlier than that.

I know that they do not give immediate Oath invite like they used to but 4 months seems excessively slow. Did anyone experience the same?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Thanks god passed today the test, 20/20 was easy. The Interview took exactly 1 minute.
Officer asked for the COPR I told her I lost it. Showed the application to get a new copy.
Officer told me to wait between 2-4 months for oath.

Oren, in the white paper you sign permission to check and verify all the info you submitted.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Hello guys,
I just got home from my test interview. Everything went fine. I will describe the experience here in case it can help someone else.

I arrives one hour earlier (downtown Montreal). Waited until the time of my test (9:15am) and a person invited us to form a line with the test invitation letter in hands.
We got into a classroom. We were about 60 people. We listened to the test instructions.
I asked if there would be any changes because of the recent elections and they answered that this current information will not be asked in the test.
When I see the questions I realized I was WAY overly prepared. I really studied a lot and made several quizzes. I finished the test in 10 minutes because I re-checked my answers twice. I am a man who panics a lot. And when I panic, I make stupid mistakes. So I took my sweet time to make sure I made no mistakes.
After that I moved to a different room.

It was a big room with many chairs. Everybody who finishes the test went to that room. In front of that room there were 4 big desks, each with a CO. They would call names and people would go for their interview. Nothing private. Everything very open and clear.
Some people to 1 or 2 minutes. Some people took 10 or 15. I guess it depends on how complicated is your case.

When the CO called me, he asked only for these documents: my Ids, my PR card, my passports and my landing confirmation.
He was very nice all the time. He informed me that I scored 20/20 in the test and congratulated me. He checked my Ids, told me to hold to the landing confirmation for the rest of my life being a Canadian or not and moved to very simples questions. What’s your date of birth? What’s your address? What’s your job? Very politely all the time.
I have two missing stamps on my passport. Never asked. I have a 10 month period unemployed. Never asked.

After I finished he said I should wait between 2 to 4 month for the convocation for the oath. I directly asked if I had passed the interview and he said: “Yes, of course. Yours is a very simple case”.

I thanked him, wished the best and left.

And that’s it. Now we play the waiting game... again.

Thank you guys very much, especially MirianT for calming me down about my missing stamps on my passport.

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi,
+1 .

Thankyou for such detailed input. It was og great help to me. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bigudi said:
Hello guys,
I just got home from my test interview. Everything went fine. I will describe the experience here in case it can help someone else.

I arrives one hour earlier (downtown Montreal). Waited until the time of my test (9:15am) and a person invited us to form a line with the test invitation letter in hands.
We got into a classroom. We were about 60 people. We listened to the test instructions.
I asked if there would be any changes because of the recent elections and they answered that this current information will not be asked in the test.
When I see the questions I realized I was WAY overly prepared. I really studied a lot and made several quizzes. I finished the test in 10 minutes because I re-checked my answers twice. I am a man who panics a lot. And when I panic, I make stupid mistakes. So I took my sweet time to make sure I made no mistakes.

It was a big room with many chairs. Everybody who finishes the test went to that room. In front of that room there were 4 big desks, each with a CO. They would call names and people would go for their interview. Nothing private. Everything very open and clear.
Some people to 1 or 2 minutes. Some people took 10 or 15. I guess it depends on how complicated is your case.

When the CO called me, he asked only for these documents: my Ids, my PR card, my passports and my landing confirmation.
He was very nice all the time. He informed me that I scored 20/20 in the test and congratulated me. He checked my Ids, told me to hold to the landing confirmation for the rest of my life being a Canadian or not and moved to very simples questions. What’s your date of birth? What’s your address? What’s your job? Very politely all the time.
I have two missing stamps on my passport. Never asked. I have a 10 month period unemployed. Never asked.

After I finished he said I should wait between 2 to 4 month for the convocation for the oath. I directly asked if I had passed the interview and he said: “Yes, of course. Yours is a very simple case”.

Thank you guys very much, especially MirianT for calming me down about my missing stamps on my passport.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Destined said:
Bigudi,
+1 .

Thankyou for such detailed input. It was og great help to me. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you very much for your feedback. So many people helped me here in this forum sharing their personal experiences that I figured my experience could also help someone.
Cheers!

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
Hello guys,

Congrats Bigudi! :)

I also did the test/interview in Montreal yesterday.Quick Q: in your interview, how many forms did you sign? I only signed a form (printed on a white paper) and did not sign any GREEN forms. But Oren and some other guys here they signed BOTH the white one and the GREEN one...not sure what is that..