+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pl840502 said:
Seems finally I can post things again...don't know why but account was banned for a while. Anyway a quick update on my test and interview in montreal. My time slot had about 100 people for the test. Test was super easy. ;) And if you finish first you got to put through to do the interview first.

The interview wasn't easy for me since I only studied haven't worked. So there was a lot of questions around how I could/can support myself. I seemed to got the toughest interviewer too. :( But I thought my answers were okay, just telling the truth. She was noting down my response on my application, a lot of notes. Other than that only checked my passport to tick entry exit dates on my date calculation. No questions about travels after sending in the application. She left before finish ticking every entry and exit. Took all my IDs and back in about 2 3 minutes telling me the test result and that I will be contacted in a couple of month for the oath. I think I also may have heard something about a judge but I can't quite remember. :eek: Do people see a citizenship judge for a hearing before the oath?
why does the VO cares how you supported yourself?! Stupid woman!
This is not PR, this is citizenship. You can deprive one of one's voting rights just bcoz he/she is currently not rich?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend of my sister had her test Sept29 then received her oath dated Sept30 for Oct19 at Scarborough office. That was fast! But her application started last year but still test & oath invites depends on local office.

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Hi Everyone!

I have Citizenship test next week on October 14th-2015(Scarborough) and if I check the spreadsheet I don’t see anyone else having same day test. How many of you have Citizenship test on the same day....???

Thanks! FS

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! Ya I don't see any, same for me Oct 9th.

I just read the booklet once then just doing some practice test. I'm not that good with History and Modern Canada - so many dates & names here.

So many test invites coming now from Scarborough and I know someone who took her test last month got her oath invite for next week (Feb applicant), same for my sister's friend (2014 applicant) who I mentioned from my last post.

fsidki said:
Hi Everyone!

I have Citizenship test next week on October 14th-2015(Scarborough) and if I check the spreadsheet I don’t see anyone else having same day test. How many of you have Citizenship test on the same day....???

Thanks! FS

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
fsidki said:
Hi Everyone!

Thanks! FS
for each member here who shares his timeline, there are 20 applicants that dont.
When you do the test you will be amazed how many applicants do the test together with you.

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
for each member here who shares his timeline, there are 20 applicants that dont.
When you do the test you will be amazed how many applicants do the test together with you.
Many many more than that....in my time slot alone there were between 70-100 people doing the test. And that was only in time slot, I'm sure there are at least 3 tests everyday...

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
hi,

i applied in May 2015.as i see in the post, some people have already recieved their testdate and oath schedule...However, in my case i havent recieved it yet. I recently recieved a letter for fingerprints. not sure whats going on in my case. Have anyone else recieved the same request? please share.

Regards
Priya

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Brilliant Update for my son KURO. please update:
Thanks for giving all informations and keeping this forum alive and active:

We sent you a notice on October 6, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 26, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend had her fingerprint done because someone have the same name as hers. After few weeks after the fingerprints taken she received a test invite for Sept17 and now oath taking Oct14, she's a Feb applicant.

Kuro's the first one to received an oath letter.p which is below your post.

priya_98 said:
hi,

i applied in May 2015.as i see in the post, some people have already recieved their testdate and oath schedule...However, in my case i havent recieved it yet. I recently recieved a letter for fingerprints. not sure whats going on in my case. Have anyone else recieved the same request? please share.

Regards
Priya
@priya Kuro applied April 28th, received May 1st.

@Badshah congrats to your son. His oath date is my bday :) Good luck on your own application, I hope you'll get your test invite soon.

crul

May 22, 2015
I have my test scheduled for Oct 13 in London, ON. I had a question about the Discover Canada guide.

Page 15 (sorry, I'm not allowed to post links, otherwise I would) goes into more detail about each province.

I'm in Ontario but do I still need to know everything listed on this page about other provinces like Alberta or BC?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WOWOWOOWOW

FIRST OATH INVITATION FOR A MAY APPLICANT

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Page 15, are you sure? If is about the current people in the government you only need to know Ontario, your local and of course federal level (PM, opposition, parties)

crul said:
I have my test scheduled for Oct 13 in London, ON. I had a question about the Discover Canada guide.

Page 15 (sorry, I'm not allowed to post links, otherwise I would) goes into more detail about each province.

I'm in Ontario but do I still need to know everything listed on this page about other provinces like Alberta or BC?

crul

May 22, 2015
oren said:
Page 15, are you sure? If is about the current people in the government you only need to know Ontario, your local and of course federal level (PM, opposition, parties)
I mean this page: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/section-13.asp

It gives detailed demographic and economic information about each province.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah yes you need to study all 5 regions.

crul said:
I mean this page: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/section-13.asp

It gives detailed demographic and economic information about each province.
I just had my test and interview at Scarborought. It took 15mins for both with review time of all of my answers. Got 20/20 and passed the interview yahoo!! Let's #OwnOctober #comeTOgether