Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I just yesterday (October 5th) a physical letter inviting me for the citizenship test that will take place in October 21st.

I am extremely happy and extremely nervous at the same time.

I worried about the test, I'm worried about they wanting a pile of weird documents, etc.

I already updated my status on the spreadsheet.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Bigudi said:
I just yesterday (October 5th) a physical letter inviting me for the citizenship test that will take place in October 21st.

I worried about the test, I'm worried about they wanting a pile of weird documents, etc.

Congratulations that is very good news. I am sure you will pass the test easily. Wish you all the best.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the picture, that proves it that you need to bring a photocopy. Hmm they didn't elaborate it on the test invite to bring the biographical pages but good to know that it's really required.

I see, IMM5292 is Confirmation of Permanent Residence aka COPR.

MiriamT said:
Confirmation of Permanent Residence, and Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program-General (i.e. not Academic) Listening and Speaking.

Correct that they want to see the original passports, but they also ask for photocopies of the biographical pages of the passports for some reason.

Congrats Bigudi!!
Bigudi said:

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
Thanks for the picture, that proves it that you need to bring a photocopy. Hmm they didn't elaborate it on the test invite to bring the biographical pages but good to know they it's really required.

I see, IMM5292 is Confirmation of Permanent Residence aka COPR.

Congrats Bigudi!!
somehow i dont see teh same content in my test invitation letter.

Here is what it looks like:
> this notice;
> 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it; (e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.);
> All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);
> Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
> all passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).[/list]

AND , we don't receive 5292 anymore. For me , it is Form 5868 as CoPR now.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
  • Munchenxx said:
    somehow i dont see teh same content in my test invitation letter.

Here is what it looks like:
    > this notice;
    > 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it; (e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.);
    > All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);
    > Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
    > all passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).
The above list (that you're referencing to) is on the second page of my notice, but the one I was talking about with the additional information is on the third page.

Munchenxx said:
AND , we don't receive 5292 anymore. For me , it is Form 5868 as CoPR now.
It's not my fault CIC listed only IMM 5292 without mentioning IMM 5688. :p

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:

• The above list (that you're referencing to) is on the second page of my notice, but the one I was talking about with the additional information is on the third page.

It's not my fault CIC listed only IMM 5292 without mentioning IMM 5688. :p

• In my notice, there are ONLY 2 pages . There is no 3rd page at all.

In fact IMM_5292 had been obseleted already when i become PR in 2012..

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
  • Munchenxx said:
    In my notice, there are ONLY 2 pages . There is no 3rd page at all.
    Mine has 4 pages. The first two are what you have there, the CIT 0023, the other two are English and French version of things to bring to the test in addition to what's asked in the CIT 0023. Perhaps it's something that only Vancouver is doing?

Munchenxx said:
    In fact IMM_5292 had been obseleted already when i become PR in 2012..
Again, not my fault CIC is referring to IMM 5292 only without mentioning IMM 5688. Also, I landed in 2009 so whatever different documents they were giving in 2012 I wouldn't have received it.

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems finally I can post things again...don't know why but account was banned for a while. Anyway a quick update on my test and interview in montreal. My time slot had about 100 people for the test. Test was super easy. ;) And if you finish first you got to put through to do the interview first.

The interview wasn't easy for me since I only studied haven't worked. So there was a lot of questions around how I could/can support myself. I seemed to got the toughest interviewer too. :( But I thought my answers were okay, just telling the truth. She was noting down my response on my application, a lot of notes. Other than that only checked my passport to tick entry exit dates on my date calculation. No questions about travels after sending in the application. She left before finish ticking every entry and exit. Took all my IDs and back in about 2 3 minutes telling me the test result and that I will be contacted in a couple of month for the oath. I think I also may have heard something about a judge but I can't quite remember. :eek: Do people see a citizenship judge for a hearing before the oath?

US-PINOY

Oct 7, 2015
Citizenship office Edmonton
Application rec'd date May 21, 2015
AOR July 14, 2015
Start process August 18, 2015
Test date October 13, 2015

"wish me luck".

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
US-PINOY said:
AOR July 14, 2015

"wish me luck".
Wish you best of luck
Please keep us updated with your test and interview results.
I am an applicant from Edmonton as. Well but I am June's applicant.

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
US-PINOY said:
AOR July 14, 2015

"wish me luck".
Good luck! Don't worry, probably gonna end up being easier than you think

US-PINOY

Oct 7, 2015
FAAMS said:
Wish you best of luck
Please keep us updated with your test and interview results.
I am an applicant from Edmonton as. Well but I am June's applicant.

Thank you! sure I will inform you after our test.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck! Did you put your name on the spreadsheet?

US-PINOY said:
AOR July 14, 2015

"wish me luck".

Welcome back!

pl840502 said:
Seems finally I can post things again...don't know why but account was banned for a while. Anyway a quick update on my test and interview in montreal. My time slot had about 100 people for the test. Test was super easy. ;) And if you finish first you got to put through to do the interview first.

The interview wasn't easy for me since I only studied haven't worked. So there was a lot of questions around how I could/can support myself. I seemed to got the toughest interviewer too. :( But I thought my answers were okay, just telling the truth. She was noting down my response on my application, a lot of notes. Other than that only checked my passport to tick entry exit dates on my date calculation. No questions about travels after sending in the application. She left before finish ticking every entry and exit. Took all my IDs and back in about 2 3 minutes telling me the test result and that I will be contacted in a couple of month for the oath. I think I also may have heard something about a judge but I can't quite remember. :eek: Do people see a citizenship judge for a hearing before the oath?