+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

Snowbird12

Jun 9, 2015
ari5323 said:
You are extremely lucky, applicants with an expied passport are getting AOR Plus great coffee for free all their life[flash=200,200][/flash]
:-X are you sure!!! I have read that the passports should be valid during the process! Especially
in the test !!!
:-X

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Snowbird12 said:
Hi all
Anyone can help!!
I've just realized that our passports were expired in March 2015
We applied in May2015 )):

What will happen! Will Our applications return back!
I don't understand, why would expired passports affect a Canadian citizenship application?

Or do you mean that you used them for one of the two forms of ID? I can see in that later case that being expired might cause an issue.

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys....BTW if there is no oversight, I could not see the July 2015 thread yet on the forum. Last one I could see is June 2015. Probably there are very few July applicants. This might speed up the process for June and earlier cases. Any comments !!

Snowbird12

Jun 9, 2015
on-hold said:
I don't understand, why would expired passports affect a Canadian citizenship application?

Or do you mean that you used them for one of the two forms of ID? I can see in that later case that being expired might cause an issue.
Really, I don't know! I read here that the officer should have valid passports in front of him After the test!
And some people usually renew theirs one year before!
Confused!

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Snowbird12 said:
Really, I don't know! I read here that the officer should have valid passports in front of him After the test!
And some people usually renew theirs one year before!
Confused!
If this is relevant, and I'm not sure it is, I doubt that it is important. If someone comes here from another continent, lives here, and just lets their passport expire while living and working, I doubt it's an issue. If someone is an American, or has a green card, and perhaps kind of an ambiguous record in Canada, then the absence of passports might make the citizenship officer think they are concealing travel abroad.

If I was the poster who asked the question, I'd worry most about an expired passport not being accepted as ID (if they used them as ID).

Snowbird12

Jun 9, 2015
on-hold said:
If this is relevant, and I'm not sure it is, I doubt that it is important. If someone comes here from another continent, lives here, and just lets their passport expire while living and working, I doubt it's an issue. If someone is an American, or has a green card, and perhaps kind of an ambiguous record in Canada, then the absence of passports might make the citizenship officer think they are concealing travel abroad.

If I was the poster who asked the question, I'd worry most about an expired passport not being accepted as ID (if they used them as ID).
Nightmares caused by AOR )):

We have used our PRs and HCs.

Thanks for your help .:)

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Snowbird12 said:
Nightmares caused by AOR )):

We have used our PRs and HCs.

Thanks for your help .:)
Yeah, it's really stressful. I couldn't remember if we signed our pictures or not, and I'm almost certain we didn't include the information about the photography studio. I worried about it for a few days and then made myself forget. Try not to fret about things you can't control . . .

Snowbird12

Jun 9, 2015
on-hold said:
Yeah, it's really stressful. I couldn't remember if we signed our pictures or not, and I'm almost certain we didn't include the information about the photography studio. I worried about it for a few days and then made myself forget. Try not to fret about things you can't control . . .
Yeah, me too! left some questions which were not related to ours without indicating N/A and the last question was left without pointing Yes or No
It was about , if we get some help in filling the application.
My husband doesn't care at all while I'm trying too.......
I thinks this week or by next week everything will be cleared :)

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Snowbird12 said:
Yeah, me too! left some questions which were not related to ours without indicating N/A and the last question was left without pointing Yes or No
It was about , if we get some help in filling the application.
My husband doesn't care at all while I'm trying too.......
I thinks this week or by next week everything will be cleared :)

i think cic will cover the may month by next week hopefully

Snowbird12

Jun 9, 2015
jassi_cool1980 said:
i think cic will cover the may month by next week hopefully
Yeah, I think that too. Hope for all the rest to get AORs this week and jump to waiting for the test section :)

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Snowbird12 said:
Yeah, I think that too. Hope for all the rest to get AORs this week and jump to waiting for the test section :)
Yeah hopefully I am looking for that AOR , just to get some breather

marcm

Jul 8, 2015
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while but getting quite nervous now so decided to post.

How soon do CIC normally return an incomplete application? The reason I ask is because despite checking the form and guidelines multiple times, I realized after I'd sent it in that I didn't put "N/A" in any questions that weren't relevant. Stupid mistake, but I'm 100% sure I didn't see that mentioned in the online documentation before I checked back.

I took another look back at the form, and there are some blank answers... mostly fields that have checkboxes and no spaces for N/A. I assume these are fine since if they're not checked then they don't apply.

However, I left the section on dependents completely blank, as I do not have any... instead of putting N/A. You'd think logic would dictate that because there's no corresponding dependents applications in the same envelope then I don't have any.

What do you think my chances are of getting my application returned? And also, should that have happened by now? (My application was received on the 27th May)

Thanks!

OAF

Jul 7, 2015
marcm said:
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while but getting quite nervous now so decided to post.

How soon do CIC normally return an incomplete application? The reason I ask is because despite checking the form and guidelines multiple times, I realized after I'd sent it in that I didn't put "N/A" in any questions that weren't relevant. Stupid mistake, but I'm 100% sure I didn't see that mentioned in the online documentation before I checked back.

I took another look back at the form, and there are some blank answers... mostly fields that have checkboxes and no spaces for N/A. I assume these are fine since if they're not checked then they don't apply.

However, I left the section on dependents completely blank, as I do not have any... instead of putting N/A. You'd think logic would dictate that because there's no corresponding dependents applications in the same envelope then I don't have any.

What do you think my chances are of getting my application returned? And also, should that have happened by now? (My application was received on the 27th May)

Thanks!
I believe it is extremely unlikely that your application would be returned for missing "N/A"s.

They processed applications up until May 20th. Based on the current pace, you should hopefully receive your AOR in a week or two from now.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
on-hold said:

That's exactly how I chose my login name on this Forum. Bigoudi is a character from the Garfield comic books (a cute sheep) that says there are two kinds of problems: The ones we can do something about right now, so we should; and the ones we cannot do anything about, so we shouldn't worry.
I registered in this Forum right after sending my application and realizing I forgot to sign the back of my photos. I was in absolute panic. Than I remembered Bigoudi.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
By the way, all these people mentioning not checking a few boxes in the forms... it turns out some boxes, even when checked will not print as such.
I printed three times my application form just to make sure of it. A few boxes were always blank and I have to fill it manually.
I also had to put A LOT of "N/As" manually since several of those fields simply do not accept these characters.

So... base on this... I kind of believe CIC agents cannot be extremely picky about those details on the form. They have to be flexible.