Pre-Assessed..
oscar2323 said:
please Parj could you tell us when you did send your returned application
All of that is in the time sheet: http://goo.gl/yyyG4K

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
Hello all,

We got our AOR today.....so happy. I hope there will be more good news to come for other May applicants. :D

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
Obviously not.

When you send in a citizenship application, it has two possible results: AOR or returned. If it's the latter, there is no file and no application, CIC isn't in the business of suggesting revisions or mailing things back and forth.
Not true. So many cases CIC returned application (after stamping the original received date on application) due to various reasons and ask for missing items and return application. Check amandaHsu case, she is one of May applicant.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
russ007 said:
Not true. So many cases CIC returned application (after stamping the original received date on application) due to various reasons and ask for missing items and return application. Check amandaHsu case, she is one of May applicant.
That was my point -- her application was returned and she reapplied. If they had accepted her application, with reservations, they would have sent her an AOR and told her what to supplement her application with. They didn't, they returned it.

Normally it has no consequences, but because this application was just before the change in regulations, the applicant is unable to resubmit.

Snowbird12

Jun 9, 2015
parj said:
My application was returned. I received it today. Just becasue I forgot to "date" the online residence calculator. Now I have to wait until MArch 2016 to apply. I'm heartbroken
Sad to hear this!!!
Do you have another option!
Are you going to resubmit the missing docs or you will wait for one year more!
:'(. ):

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I added some more data to the time sheet - average and max time
between the date CIC received the application and the date the AOR was issued,
and two new columns for "expected average" and "expected latest" AOR dates
(which are based on those average and max AOR times).

This will tell you around which date you should expect your AOR.
All of those are based on business days, not simply the time difference in days...

I think it is way more useful than trying to infer anything from physical residency days...

ashirale

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2133/2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2007
Doc's Request.
10-2009
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-2011
Nice, sjakub! Thank you

parj

Apr 8, 2011
I'm not so sure yet, but from the way I understood the letter, it means I have to wait until March next year to apply since I have less than the 1460 days now. I'm going to call CIC tomorrow to better understand the next steps.

I feel stupid for having missed it. I checked it at least 3 times before mailing it out and how could have I missed writing the date. Anyways, we'll see how it goes. I just believe that things happen for a reason and will leave it at that.

But hey, we're all still Canadians..Happy Canada Day to all of you!

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
low said:
Hello all,

We got our AOR today.....so happy. I hope there will be more good news to come for other May applicants. :D
congrats man

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
on-hold said:
That was my point -- her application was returned and she reapplied. If they had accepted her application, with reservations, they would have sent her an AOR and told her what to supplement her application with. They didn't, they returned it.

Normally it has no consequences, but because this application was just before the change in regulations, the applicant is unable to resubmit.
Yes, I would say it's kinda right point. I have 90 days to add on the missed documents at that time, otherwise, I would have to totally re-do everything. However, I was quite lucky cause it was happened before June 10th. The applicants who received the returned package after June 11th, I think they will have to re-submit a brand new application, and followed the new rules due to the new law.

Sorry to hear that some people got the package return. All I can say is let's look at the bright side. At least we're still PR, we are allowed to work, study, do whatever we like as the other Canadian citizens. Although we do not have the right to vote, and do not have the passport yet. But, I don't think that should be the main reasons to rush getting the citizenship, and I guess that's what CIC does not want to see. Please don't get me wrong, I do understand how disappointed you are when you received the returned packages. I just wish everyone can still stay in positive, cherish the moment, seize the day.

Snowbird12

Jun 9, 2015
parj said:
I'm not so sure yet, but from the way I understood the letter, it means I have to wait until March next year to apply since I have less than the 1460 days now. I'm going to call CIC tomorrow to better understand the next steps.

I feel stupid for having missed it. I checked it at least 3 times before mailing it out and how could have I missed writing the date. Anyways, we'll see how it goes. I just believe that things happen for a reason and will leave it at that.

Yeah, me too I believe that things would happen for a reason (;
If you call cic, plz let us know what they would say!
Hope the best for you and enjoy your life (((:) Happy Canada Day :)

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are they asking you to reapply from scratch including the payment?

parj said:

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more update to the sheet - now all the data rows use conditional formatting,
so there is no need to modify colours manually (except for returned applications and RQs).

Basically the row's colour depends on the last milestone (AOR, IP, Transferred, Test, Oath) that has a date set.

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjakub said:
One more update to the sheet - now all the data rows use conditional formatting,
so there is no need to modify colours manually (except for returned applications and RQs).

Basically the row's colour depends on the last milestone (AOR, IP, Transferred, Test, Oath) that has a date set.
Good stuff. Thanks for ur efforts!

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for looking after my request, it will help everyone a lot... +1 good vote for Ya *thumbs up*

sjakub said: