Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Don't forget to add your info to the tracker. The more we know, the more we can predict. We are all together in this boat, my friend.
Cheers!

May timeline: http://goo.gl/yyyG4K

crul said:
Mailed in my application today. Thanks everyone for your help!

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Destined said:
Re: may 2015 applicants for citizenship

No AOR's yet for any of the May applicants.. Any guess from members?? why we are not getting any AOR's. Is it because of CIC staff getting trained on new rules of C-24?? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Admin,Can we add the City column in the excel sheet so that we have a better understanding of the local office of the applicants.. :) :) :) :)

Thankyou
regards
Destined

We have location column and you had already fill check below...

Application Type Location Application mailed
Destined Family Calgary May 11, 2015

kharposhti

May 26, 2015
[Question regarding work history]Re: may 2015 applicants for citizenship

Hi all,

I have the following situation which makes me really worried that the agent might get confused.

- I left Canada in Nov. 2012 by accepting a temporary two year job at a University in Australia.
- In March-April 2013 I came back to Canada for a short 1 month visit (Unfortunately there is no entry stamp in my passport), then I went back to Australia.
- In July i went to my origin country as a visitor while still employed by the Australian University.
- In Oct 2013 I came back to Canada directly from my origin country while still being employed by the Australian University.
- I terminated my Australian job in Jan 2014.

Now, if I put in my work history that I worked in Australia from Nov.2012 till Jan.2014, the agent might think I have been in Australia during this time. However, I have returned to Canada in Oct. 2013 permanently while still being employed and paid in Australia.

My story smells like a RQ case ....hate that ... Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Re: [Question regarding work history]Re: may 2015 applicants for citizenship

They clearly state that you are not limited to the form to explain any uncommon situation you might have. My suggestion is to send along the form, a polite cover letter explaining exactly what happened and why you work history might suggest one think, while your physical presence might suggest another.
I really think a nice letter with clear information is all you need to do.
Cheers!

kharposhti said:
Hi all,

I have the following situation which makes me really worried that the agent might get confused.

- I left Canada in Nov. 2012 by accepting a temporary two year job at a University in Australia.
- In March-April 2013 I came back to Canada for a short 1 month visit (Unfortunately there is no entry stamp in my passport), then I went back to Australia.
- In July i went to my origin country as a visitor while still employed by the Australian University.
- In Oct 2013 I came back to Canada directly from my origin country while still being employed by the Australian University.
- I terminated my Australian job in Jan 2014.

Now, if I put in my work history that I worked in Australia from Nov.2012 till Jan.2014, the agent might think I have been in Australia during this time. However, I have returned to Canada in Oct. 2013 permanently while still being employed and paid in Australia.

My story smells like a RQ case ....hate that ... Any suggestions? Thanks.

djjungly

May 27, 2015
I have similar question, I meet the basic residence requirement but I have not been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095, I have 1071 days.
should I apply before June because I heard that there will be new rules in June? I had to go out of country once for my son's wedding, that is why I was away for 25 days. I will accumulate 1,095 days of physical presence on 2015-06-21. your answer is much appreciated.

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well...yes... you can apply....but it is not recommended.
The citizenship judge will decide whether they accept you anyways or not....its advisable to wait for at least 1095 says like it says...better make it 1100 to have a couple of days more in case of miscalculations or similar.

jjungly said:
I have similar question, I meet the basic residence requirement but I have not been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095, I have 1071 days.
should I apply before June because I heard that there will be new rules in June? I had to go out of country once for my son's wedding, that is why I was away for 25 days. I will accumulate 1,095 days of physical presence on 2015-06-21. your answer is much appreciated.

djjungly

May 27, 2015
lepatissier07 said:
Well...yes... you can apply....but it is not recommended.
The citizenship judge will decide whether they accept you anyways or not....its advisable to wait for at least 1095 says like it says...better make it 1100 to have a couple of days more in case of miscalculations or similar.
thank you so much for your reply.
The reason I want to apply is for the new rules to take in effect, it will change the waiting period and also language testing. I am 55 now so will not have to go trough testing with current law.
do you know if Judge decides to reject my application, do I loose my money?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The minimum requirement is 1,095 days. You said you only have 1071 which is less than the requirement unless you have some days you can count before you became a permanent resident if it was during the past four years. If not start gathering your documents then sign and send it to CIC after you completed your 1,095 days because if CIC rejects your application you'll loose your money and will have Citizenship rejected record :/

"You must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before you apply. This does not apply to children under 18.

You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if it was during the past four years."

djjungly said:
thank you so much for your reply.
The reason I want to apply is for the new rules to take in effect, it will change the waiting period and also language testing. I am 55 now so will not have to go trough testing with current law.
do you know if Judge decides to reject my application, do I loose my money?

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
djjungly said:

Please don't do that to yourself. You really need to complete 1095 days BEFORE applying.
You are going to have way more problems applying before the days completion than if you have to apply under the new law.

"You must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before you apply."

And there is always hope that the new law will not be enforced before July. Heck, some people even think the new law will not be enforced before January 1st 2016.

Take a look on the 3 last pages of this topic here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/effective-date-of-bill-c24-t234238.2355.html

djjungly

May 27, 2015
Bigudi said:
Please don't do that to yourself. You really need to complete 1095 days BEFORE applying.
You are going to have way more problems applying before the days completion than if you have to apply under the new law.

"You must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before you apply."

And there is always hope that the new law will not be enforced before July. Heck, some people even think the new law will not be enforced before January 1st 2016.

Take a look on the 3 last pages of this topic here:
thank you, I am glad I came on this site. I will wait till I complete 1095 days. will have all the papers ready and send it off next day on day 1096:)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
djjungly said:
thank you, I am glad I came on this site. I will wait till I complete 1095 days. will have all the papers ready and send it off next day on day 1096:)
I would suggest you to give extra buffer of 1-2 weeks in addition to 1095 days to be on safe side. Rest your wish.
Sometimes residency days miscalculations can occur at your side and because of that the you may get less than 1095 days of physical presence.
If you are 100% sure about your entries/exits then you can apply after 1096 days but if I still suggest to get extra 1-2 weeks of buffer.

In my application i was sure about my 1095 days physical presence but i still gave it another 60 days buffer to be on safe side and I have passed my test/interview and I am waiting for oath.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
I just sent my file today to be delivered on Friday, wish me luck and good luck to all.

How long till we get the AOR?