+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2014 CEC-PR Applications

dsdussie

Sep 7, 2014
VS1987 said:
Hi,

One thing that I don't understand is how come you have only 5 days left to reach average processing time as yous application received by CIC on May 14. You still have 1 whole month to wait... Keep faith you are almost there.
Why do you say I have a month to wait? I copied this from cic website-

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.

dsdussie

Sep 7, 2014
All this to say processing time should be calculated from the date the application was received and not the date AOR was received.

awesome_genie

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
dsdussie said:
All this to say processing time should be calculated from the date the application was received and not the date AOR was received.
So it will be May 14- May 14 which means on May 14 it will be 12 months. It is April right now

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Totally Agree!!!

There are also ideas that it is when Ottawa gets the application - BULLOCKS!

dsdussie said:

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
dsdussie said:
I called 2 times to cic agent for this Q. Answer which I got sharing with you. (Both time answer was same)
- Processing time calculate from the day application transferred from NS office to processing centre .
Example your application reached as NS on 15th Feb. You got AOR ON 15th March and your application transferred to Processing office on 10th Apr.

So your Processing time counter will start form 10th Apr.

Hope this will help you
Good Luck

Good Luck

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
May I ask where you're from - India I would imagine.

CEC_1304 said:
I called 2 times to cic agent for this Q. Answer which I got sharing with you. (Both time answer was same)
- Processing time calculate from the day application transferred from NS office to processing centre .
Example your application reached as NS on 15th Feb. You got AOR ON 15th March and your application transferred to Processing office on 10th Apr.

Hope this will help you
Good Luck

Good Luck

ssohal153

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
CEC_1304 said:

Hope this will help you
Good Luck

Good Luck
But I got a different answer from CIC agent.According to him If I got no response till May end then they will escalate this.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
ssohal153 said:
But I got a different answer from CIC agent.According to him If I got no response till May end then they will escalate this.
I shared what Answer I got my friend :)
I am not saying both agent whom I talked provided me correct info .
But the way one of them was talking looks quite confident
and I had other queries also which she clarified

Good Luck

ssohal153

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
CEC_1304 said:
I shared what Answer I got my friend :)
I am not saying both agent whom I talked provided me correct info .
But the way one of them was talking looks quite confident
and I had other queries also which she clarified

Good Luck
Don't mind, i am just telling my conversation with CIC.

TDMORRIS

Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016(dna test)
File Transfer...
07-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
01-20-2016
Interview........
28-11-2016
I got my passport today...woo hooooo!Will be landing over the weekend at the Border! :)I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum.I had so many questions from applying for PR to getting AOR and open permit and I didn't need to ask a lawyer or immigration consultant because I got got all the answers here .To all those who are waiting I wish you all the best.Its a long road but you will reach the end.
TDMorris on the sheet

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
TDMORRIS said:
I got my passport today...woo hooooo!Will be landing over the weekend at the Border! :)I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum.I had so many questions from applying for PR to getting AOR and open permit and I didn't need to ask a lawyer or immigration consultant because I got got all the answers here .To all those who are waiting I wish you all the best.Its a long road but you will reach the end.
TDMorris on the sheet
Good Luck for your landing :)
And yes you are correct this forum is awesome .

each one is ready to help each member

Good Luck

awesome_genie

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
TDMORRIS said:
TDMorris on the sheet
Congrats dude. Do share how the experience goes

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
ssohal153 said:
Don't mind, i am just telling my conversation with CIC.
I guess they need somehow to justify their inefficiency :)
it is says average is 12 months and from the point you send your application to cic, what they do and how proceed it is their issues. my second review was put on 15 Jan and then it is postpone to due date with 31 March, I assume they did not touch it on 31 st as well as they are still looking files for March applicants. applicants for July are already receiving their pr, but cic did not even have started second review for April and May Application.
some EE already received their pr.
I prefer them being more honest and telling that they had volume of other applications or a priority is other type of applications, but not changing the rules(interpretation of rules) in the middle of the process :)
I will always tell it was really not fair to send to second review the application because of VO is junior or prefer not to make a decision. and delaying the process for many months .

jabilee

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
TDMORRIS said:
TDMorris on the sheet
congratulations...

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
My application was last touched in Dec, it has gone for second review...and now its April...these guys work slow or they still have many many many applications to get through.

Second set of GCMS notes arrive on the 21st