+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

jsamiraziz

Aug 20, 2013
Here's the link for May 2013 applicants.
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akzv3wbw3-m3dGZWMUYzTnFjakktU0lRdkpQVWZzTHc

zigma99

Feb 3, 2014
firefly16 said:
Ok so here is the latest. I have sent requests for entry and exit records to both Canada and US Border agencies. I have also sent a whole package of documents to CIC, showing them proof that I have lived in Canada before and after each trip. I have sent credit card statements, letter of employment, etc.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they accept this as proof. If not, then I guess we will be waiting and waiting. Or will have to end the process now, and re-apply a year or two later, once we get the records from the respective agencies.

Wish me luck. I will update you if and when I do hear from CIC

I have also been asked for same information. Were you able to get it online? The Interview officer told me that I have to go to US consulate. Please let me know if you have any further information. Much Appreciated.

MBK2

May 2, 2013
MBK2 said:
My sister just got the letter to appear for the test on Feb 3rd at Mississauga centre! :)

Applications are going pretty fast now, Good luck to all those who are waiting! (mine took ~18months, applied Dec 2011 - Test 25th April 2013- Oath 27th May 2013)
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 1, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 13, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

My sister had her test today, at Mississauga. Got Oath invitation right away. Oath on 11th Feb.

Pretty fast...and lucky candidates who are told they passed and given invite right away. I didn't know if I passed or not until another month later when I got the invite for Oath. (I was Scarb. though)

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Yes, I also had my test yesterday in Mississauga...
Passed the 4 pm written test and everything, was also given an Oath Ceremony in a week.
Best of luck and a speedy process for everyone else,
Peter.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Peter_h on passing your test & Otha ceremony req.
How was the interview experince ?

Randy

peter_h said:
Yes, I also had my test yesterday in Mississauga...
Passed the 4 pm written test and everything, was also given an Oath Ceremony in a week.
Best of luck and a speedy process for everyone else,
Peter.

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Thank you!
Interview is pretty much the way other members have posted in this forum.
They ask you questions about work, past, family, and they also check the stamps in your passport and ask you about the new ones not previously there.

jsamiraziz

Aug 20, 2013
peter_h said:
Thank you!
Interview is pretty much the way other members have posted in this forum.
They ask you questions about work, past, family, and they also check the stamps in your passport and ask you about the new ones not previously there.
Congrats peter. Thank you for updating the May 2013 Applicants sheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akzv3wbw3-m3dGZWMUYzTnFjakktU0lRdkpQVWZzTHc#gid=0

For all, this Sheet is now open for edit by all. Edit as you see fit.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the CIC to get an update:

I was told that the Montreal office has acknowledged receiving my file from Sydney on Jan 16-2014 (that's when they updated the system). FYI my file was transferred on the 9th of Jan to Montreal.

I wonder if my application was transferred on the 9th because of the trip that I took in December. I notified the CIC that I will travelling mid December and will be back the 6th of Jan. Maybe they held my application so that the local office does not schedule the test for me. I am just speculating.

One tip for those who call the CIC:

Always mention that you need to verify the status of your application. No more. No less. The CIC agent might ask what was the latest document or letter you received from them. Answer the question as is. But don't add to it. Just stay quiet. The CIC will mumbo jumbo for a while and then they will say "but I can take a look if you want".
Be nice and patient. Don't fight with them. They are just employees. This has happened to me on three occasions. Three different CIC agents.

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D I received my letter for OATH today!! I wrote the test on Jan 23 2014.

Letter dated as sent on Jan.31 2014
Oath date is Feb 14th 2014

Thank God!!!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! PR NOT FOR TOO LONG! eh? :p
PR42LONG said:

Thank God!!!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
PR42LONG said:

Thank God!!!
Congrats !! did you travel during the 4 year period ? or u never left Canada ...

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hi everybody,

Can anybody who has taken the test/interview with their family confirm if the interview is done separately for every applicant or together as family?
Thanks

ikea17

Sep 5, 2013
The officer at interview called us together for the interview, test was super easy so was the interview, we were congratulated and told about receiving oath latter in 4 to 8 weeks time, she also wanted to bring our kids to ceremony. good luck to all.