+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chandu007, what type of questions do you get in the RQ document? is it just related to how long you have been in Canada and to provide evidence such as phone bills or bank statements?

sondo

May 9, 2013
chandu007 said:
See the actual form:
Ouch. That is quite a form. Fingers crossed for myself to not to get one...
It requests to get travel records from the country that issued my passport. Russian federation officially does not keep records and all records are in your passport. What do people do in such a case?

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sondo said:
Ouch. That is quite a form. Fingers crossed for myself to not to get one...
It requests to get travel records from the country that issued my passport. Russian federation officially does not keep records and all records are in your passport. What do people do in such a case?
I had the same question. I called up my Embassy(Kenyan Embassy in Ottawa) and had a chat with the Immigration Officer. He told me that Kenya does not keep Travel Records, and even if they do, they do not give public access to those. So I called up CIC and shared this with them. They said, as long as we can write a letter sharing exactly that information, we should be good.

I can share my letter with you guys when I write it.

Thanks,

Kenyadian

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I have it. I received it about a month ago. If are going to order it now, you should mention that in your cover letter to CIC that it will be sent later.

When are you planning to submit RQ?

kenyadian said:
Chandu, do you have your Health Records available?

Let me know what you are doing to obtain them please !

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Yes, I have it. I received it about a month ago. If are going to order it now, you should mention that in your cover letter to CIC that it will be sent later.

When are you planning to submit RQ?
How come you had a copy? Did you suspect that you were going to get RQ'd? I am planning to submit hopefully by the end of the week. I have every other document.

Thanks,

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK I just hung up with the CIC agent. Words are still fresh in my mind:

CIC agent: Sir it's too early to inquire about your application. I receive 100 calls per day. Even if I tell you if your application is transferred, it really doesn't do much.
Me: Ok why is my processing date further ahead of others. Even though the CIC received other's applications on the same day or after.
CIC: mumbling and trying to put some words together....it didn't make sense.
Me: Why are some applicants getting their citizenship within a year.
CIC: that's impossible. it does not happen. The minimum waiting time is 24 months or 35 months. (that's a lie)
Me: when do you think I should inquire about my application?
CIC: Feb or Mar 2014.

Guys would I be able to record the conversation next time and bring it to the attention of the public? I mean whatever the agent said to me is not true. There is no honesty.

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
So farrous13 no information on whether your application is transferred?

I checked with a couple of friends who got RQ and apparently the request comes from Sydney. So do we assume that if the file is transferred then the RQ likelihood is excluded?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The agent wouldn't even check. He didn't even ask for my client ID.

I believe if the file is transferred then the risk of an RQ would come only from the local office or from the agent before or after the test. It seems that RQs are now coming from Sydney.

I believe by December we should have a clue on whether an RQ is issued for us.

How many friends do you know who got RQ'd vs how many didn't. The only person I know from Montreal who didn't get an RQ is my sister and it has been close to 11 months since they received her application. I assume her application has been transferred. But man I know two people who have an RQ and the list keeps growing for Montreal.

hanisaf said:
So farrous13 no information on whether your application is transferred?

I checked with a couple of friends who got RQ and apparently the request comes from Sydney. So do we assume that if the file is transferred then the RQ likelihood is excluded?

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
I know two people who got it and one who did not (He applied in dec 2011 and took the test last sept).
But one of the two persons who got it applied in March 2013 and got the RQ in October (boom).

But given your experience it should be the local office who sends RQ. Otherwise why would Montreal applicants get more RQs than others?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think we have to wait at least one month to see whether we are gonna get RQ or not from Sydney since our applications were put in process one month after chandu007 even though we submitted C'ship applications at the same time.

farrous13 said:
OK I just hung up with the CIC agent. Words are still fresh in my mind:

CIC agent: Sir it's too early to inquire about your application. I receive 100 calls per day. Even if I tell you if your application is transferred, it really doesn't do much.
Me: Ok why is my processing date further ahead of others. Even though the CIC received other's applications on the same day or after.
CIC: mumbling and trying to put some words together....it didn't make sense.
Me: Why are some applicants getting their citizenship within a year.
CIC: that's impossible. it does not happen. The minimum waiting time is 24 months or 35 months. (that's a lie)
Me: when do you think I should inquire about my application?
CIC: Feb or Mar 2014.

Guys would I be able to record the conversation next time and bring it to the attention of the public? I mean whatever the agent said to me is not true. There is no honesty.