+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
I just checked mine, the received line is gone too. I remember checking last Friday and it was there. So the update should have happened this Monday. Does that mean anything?
Is there a basis to assume that this implies the file transfer to local office?
I live in Montreal so I assume my local office is Montreal.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per CIC website:

Status of your application

Explanation

RECEIVED: Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

IN PROCESS: Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

So yes I believe if the "Received" row disappears, then the application is on it way to the local office. :D

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Thanks farrous13, but it's a bit confusing since IN PROCESS showed up from the beginning.
Anyway, do you have any idea on how long it takes until the test. In other words, is the bottleneck in the process at Sydney or the local office?

Good luck and lets keep updated

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey hanisaf. Same here Montreal ;D Hope Montreal's office speeds up the situation. My sister's application has been in process since Feb 2013. But the good thing, is that we got no RQ from Sydney. Next step: make it to the test without an RQ. :)

hanisaf said:
I just checked mine, the received line is gone too. I remember checking last Friday and it was there. So the update should have happened this Monday. Does that mean anything?
Is there a basis to assume that this implies the file transfer to local office?
I live in Montreal so I assume my local office is Montreal.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe that the "In Process" is always there when the application is "Received". But when the agent sends the application to the local office (I believe they send a bunch at the same time, hence, your "Received" and mine disappeared over the weekend), he/she should acknowledges the transfer on their software and that's why the "Received" row disappears.

Please don't take my above explanation word by word. I am just speculating ;) But our dates are very close to each other. We should get the test request (if no RQ required) in the next 8 to 10 months. fingers crossed.

hanisaf said:
Thanks farrous13, but it's a bit confusing since IN PROCESS showed up from the beginning.
Anyway, do you have any idea on how long it takes until the test. In other words, is the bottleneck in the process at Sydney or the local office?

Good luck and lets keep updated

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC last week and the agent said my file is still in Sydney but that was before the line disappeared.

Simkr said:
A sign of file transfer? there is a mix reaction on disappearing of the "RECEIVED" line though it seems that these reactions are leaned towards the transfer of file to local office. So keep finger crossed.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe my local office will be Scarborough. If you haven't call the call center yet, you can give them a call. I called them last week, so I will wait a bit to call them again.

farrous13 said:
Mine too. Just checked now and the "Received" row is gone? Should we call CIC to check if our applications were transferred? Or should we give them a bit of space :p

What's your local office chandu007? mine is Montreal.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If 8-10 months is a long wait, then what would you say when someone needs to wait 35 or more months? Anyway, good luck to you. 8)

hanisaf said:
That makes sense, but 8-10 months is a loooong wait :eek:

Behnam_canada

Aug 25, 2013
farrous13 said:
I believe that the "In Process" is always there when the application is "Received". But when the agent sends the application to the local office (I believe they send a bunch at the same time, hence, your "Received" and mine disappeared over the weekend), he/she should acknowledges the transfer on their software and that's why the "Received" row disappears.

Please don't take my above explanation word by word. I am just speculating ;) But our dates are very close to each other. We should get the test request (if no RQ required) in the next 8 to 10 months. fingers crossed.
In my profile, there has never been "Received" option from the beginning but there has been "in process" all the time for the last 6 months and my file is still sitting in Sydney office.

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Thanks Behnam_canada,

I agree we should not guess what they are doing. But at least that gives us hope :)

I am wondering though why CIC does not make the process transparent (say like Fedex) where you know exactly what step the application is in.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so we don't make arrangements for the future based on how the application is being processed. The longer immigrants stay in Canada, the better the economy.

But I still believe my application has been transferred (or would like to believe :p, u will not change my mind hehe)

8 to 10 months is not long. It's typical. My concern: I have yet to see an individual from Montreal who got the citizenship in 8 months. on the contrary, a lot of applicants from Ontario and Alberta got theirs in 8 to 12 months. To be honest, most of the people I know (or heard of)who's local office is in Montreal passed through an RQ. :'(

But let's stay positive 8)

hanisaf said:
Thanks Behnam_canada,

I agree we should not guess what they are doing. But at least that gives us hope :)

I am wondering though why CIC does not make the process transparent (say like Fedex) where you know exactly what step the application is in.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, the "received" line was disappeared 7-10 days after eCAS was initiated.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I inquired about that but the agent did give me an answer...it ll take 18 months to process application. he even did not want to hear about the disappearance of "received" line. seems he was getting tons of call to inquire about the same question.

So i have decided to give them a break. i ll give them a call sometime in December. Let's not to be impatient though keep finger crossed...

farrous13 said:
Simkr have you ever inquired if your application has been transferred?