N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
:p :p :p :p Well, we'd like to have a chance. But at this rate.. :-[
LOL.

I guess when I go back in October we'll make a trip to the embassy and see what the chances of her getting a visitor visa is. Even if its only 3 months its better than nothing.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Steph C said:
I also got a reply from my MP's constituency assistant. Although I appreciate the length and detail of their response, I think my MP himself should speak up on my behalf. Still, there is some interesting info here.

Dear Steph C,

I am Mr. XXX's Constituency Assistant and I handle all citizenship and immigration matters that are brought to his attention.

As an immigrant to Canada myself I would recommend that you not put too much stock in timelines formulated by online forums since a fair amount of the information circulating among these sites is out of context or simply inaccurate. Let me tell you some details about the immigration process that are helpful to know.

The timeline are not formulated !!! These are facts from real people except we have robot claiming they got approval. Can every late May and June applicants who got approval forward their approval letter to this MPs.

First, it is important to understand the limitations of the call centre. Currently there are about a half million people in the CIC system and the call centre handles over 6 million calls each year. Given this high volume – and decreased staff – CIC acknowledges receipt of applications only after they have been reviewed and are determined to be complete, not when the application first arrives in the mail room. Your courier or registered mail notice is your record of it having arrived at the processing centre.

So what do they do they do with the application for so long,if they don't review it immediately they receive it? How come some application are sent back few weeks for incompletion and some are sent back few month for the same incompletion. A woman application was sent back to her 115 days after they receive it because it was damage,that to me is unfair.

Once CIC receives your application it is checked to verify that the application has been filled out completely and correctly, it has been signed and dated, and all initial documentation has been included and is in order. If something is missing CIC will send the package back and request that you fix the problem. Once it is determined that the application is complete, CIC sends the applicant an acknowledgement letter issuing a file number. Estimated processing time is assessed from the date stamped on this letter.

If estimated time is assessed from the date stamped was put on it, how come June applicants got approval before May and April applicants? Does it mean that June applicant get stamped on their application before April and May applicant Who sent their application in weeks before them ? The MP has been misinformed

One of the biggest problems with the internet forums is that people on these sites often count processing time from the date that they first sent in their application. That date is meaningless. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received, but many factors come into play during the initial review so not all applications move forward at the same time. When figuring processing times, the date stamped on your letter from CIC is the only date that matters.

Application is sure reviewed in order in which then came,that explains why those who will send their applications in three months time will get approval before me . The MP should not let CIC fool them with the "first come ,first serve thang" cos this forum has really make it possible for people to see that CIC is sure messed up.

Permanent Resident sponsorship is a two part process – sponsor and spouse – and both processes are completely separate. The most significant variable in processing times for spousal sponsorship applications is where the spouse's application is being processed. Some consulates process only a handful of applications each year so processing times for spouses' applications are relatively short. On the other hand, Manila processes thousands of sponsorship applications every year so processing can take considerably longer. Manila also processes the most temporary work permits of any other consulate on earth, which can affect processing times for other immigration classes at certain times of the year. Even visitor visas can affect the flow of processing. Most immigrants to Canada come from the Philippines, India and China so during peak travel seasons consulates in these countries process tens of thousands of temporary visitor visas from friends, relatives, and tourists coming to visit.

As with the sponsor's application, processing times for spouses are based on receipt of a complete application. Many consulates have their own specific requirements in addition to those established by CIC generally. For example, consulates in countries where immigration fraud is prevalent require additional documentation and conduct more extensive interviews. Consulates in countries with significant rates of communicable diseases like TB require additional medical tests. Applications are not considered complete until this additional documentation has been submitted, so once again the date that an application first arrives at the consulate is not the date from which processing time should be estimated.

Finally, Mississauga is not the only processing centre for sponsorship applications. Given all the variables, it would be absolutely impossible for a high-volume consulate like Manila to be expected to process applications based on a queue date that was originally set in Mississauga, Vegreville, Sydney or elsewhere. All consulates, including Manila, process applications in the order in which they were received at the consulate itself.

This is CIC's webpage for estimated processing times for spousal sponsorship applications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. These estimates are based on hard numbers: processing times for 80% of completed applications in a given class. The estimates are updated regularly and I have found them to be pretty accurate when calculated properly. Add the estimated processing times for both parts of the process to arrive at your estimate. For example, sponsor applications being processed by Mississauga for spouses living outside Canada are averaging 85 days from the date stamped on the acknowledgement letter. Add to that an additional 8 months for processing of a spouse at Manila from the time the application is complete, including any additional requirements, to get your total processing time: 11 months. Then add to that any extra time involved in gathering additional requested documentation or tests (often several weeks) and you have a more accurate picture of how long this will take. Again, the problem I run into constantly is that people think this means 11 months from the time they first mailed their application when 18 or 20 months from mailing would be a more accurate calculation.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions. My best advice is to be patient and don't let the forums stress you out too much! Let me know if you need any other assistance.

People with approval are the only people who could help convince this MPs that ,it is not the forum that is screwing up with our heads,it is the Canadian immigrations, if they don't know how long it will take to process an application,then they should write INDEFINITELY on their website.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
LOL.

I guess when I go back in October we'll make a trip to the embassy and see what the chances of her getting a visitor visa is. Even if its only 3 months its better than nothing.
I don't think the Embassy takes casual inquiries. If you want to apply for a TRV you should just go ahead and apply.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
I don't think the Embassy takes casual inquiries. If you want to apply for a TRV you should just go ahead and apply.
Yes they do. That is how we got a copy of all the applications. I was initially there to get a confirmation that I was legally able to marry. After we got that we went back down and I asked to go back up to get immigrating info. I think its different if you are a citizen. Its not like they can deny you access unless the place is closed.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
I think you're right about those that know how long it took for them to get their approvals should make it known to their MP's. Thats a good idea.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Steph C said:
Someone said he was in his 80's and she was.. 20's or 30's?
Lucky guy! :D

Age gap somewhat made me worry. My partner (male) is 11 years younger than I (female). But I have been living together over 2 years in Canada, so hopefully it is considered straightforward case.

oneness

Aug 16, 2012
Hello, Please can someone add me to the spreadsheet.
Application received May 10, Acknowledgement via email on Aug 09. Approval ? Accra is the VO.
I received another email asking me to provide a medical reports of my spouse's kids (not mine) who are not and will not immigrate to Canada (stated in the application form that they are not accompany their mother to Canada).
Please forum advise, so confused right now. I am given until Oct 15 to respond.
Oneness.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
AnaMaria said:
Lucky guy! :D

Age gap somewhat made me worry. My partner (male) is 11 years younger than I (female). But I have been living together over 2 years in Canada, so hopefully it is considered straightforward case.
As long as he's not after all your money :p :p :p Just kidding, yours sounds good. Age gap is the one thing we have going for us, same age and real life time spent together, about 3 out of 5 years of actual togetherness and not long distance.. I hope they are nice to all of us.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
oneness said:
Hello, Please can someone add me to the spreadsheet.
Application received May 10, Acknowledgement via email on Aug 09. Approval ? Accra is the VO.
I received another email asking me to provide a medical reports of my spouse's kids (not mine) who are not and will not immigrate to Canada (stated in the application form that they are not accompany their mother to Canada).
Please forum advise, so confused right now. I am given until Oct 15 to respond.
Oneness.
I think that if you don't submit their medical now, they can NEVER come to Canada in the future. Not as your spouse's kids or with any other visa, I think. You're supposed to submit the medicals even if they are non-accompanying.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Yes, the application specifically states for "all" members, even those 'non-accompanying'.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
LOL.

Huh, I was thinking exactly the same as you with an October issuance also. Mind you I built a buffer into my plans, trip is for 3 weeks in December.

oneness

Aug 16, 2012
Steph C said:
I think that if you don't submit their medical now, they can NEVER come to Canada in the future. Not as your spouse's kids or with any other visa, I think. You're supposed to submit the medicals even if they are non-accompanying.
My wife's ex husband has the custody of those kids and are out of the country where my wife reside. This make it so difficult to even attempt medical report for those kids.
Thanks Steph C for timely response. Just wanna be proactive on this matter. what do you think?
Oneness

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
oneness said:
My wife's ex husband has the custody of those kids and are out of the country where my wife reside. This make it so difficult to even attempt medical report for those kids.
Thanks Steph C for timely response. Just wanna be proactive on this matter. what do you think?
Oneness
It's really in the best interest of those kids to get their medicals done. I don't know how old they are, but that means when they're older they can be sponsored to Canada to study or work. I don't know if she's getting along with the ex husband but anything you can do to get those medicals would be good - like getting her parents to do it while they have the kids for the weekend. We had a similar problem with his ex, she is very un-cooperative, so we had to wait until she was out of town, then he was able to get the kids from his Mom's house to get their medical. We just want what's best for them, which is the possibility for them to study or live or work in Canada one day far in the future.

rairah

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
14-08-2012... Approved: 16-08-2012
Med's Done....
03-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
31-01-2013
blessedelaine said:
Thanks.. :) Where are you heading to? Im the sponsor.. Waiting for mu husband.. lol
I'm the sponsor too. Waiting for my husband... :)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
oneness said:
Oneness
It can also be very important if something happens and she fets custody of her kids!