+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

maximum cash allowed into canada for a 4 member family

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
this is strange.. So what did you do?? did u pay the fine or challenged the decision ?
a 2500 fine sounds excessive even if 10k USD is approx 13k Canadian so maybe more to the story and unfortunate that the poster hasn’t been seen here since May so we may never know. CBSA would have told them at the time why they were being fined such an amount and even given them a receipt. They would obviously not just charge a fine without explanation.

Reactions: NOMAD2017

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi, is 10k limit count for child too?? I mea we are family of 3( including 2 year old). Can we able to carry 10k each?

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
I have a four member family, me, my husband and my children who are a 6 year daugther and a 3 year son. we are intending to immigrate to Canada within 3 months under the FSW program and I have told we can take a maximum of 10000 canadian dollars without declaration.
I was wondering if such amount of money is allowed for each of us and we can take a maximum of $ 40,000 cad overally. And what will happen if we bring more than allowed cash? Do we have to just fill out a form to declare it?
I will be grateful if someone can give me more information.
They only want to ensure no money laundering is going on. You can bring in as much as you want - there's no maximum.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, is 10k limit count for child too?? I mea we are family of 3( including 2 year old). Can we able to carry 10k each?
If bringing in over 10k you want to have documrnts showing how you earned the money and that savings come from legitimate sources not proceeds or crime, it is your money, etc. If you have copies of bank records either physical copies or digital ones showing that you slowly saved every month, you have records that you sold a property which is why you have a sudden large deposit, proof of an inheritance (like a will and death certificate) leading to a large deposit, deposits after your wedding, etc. you can bring in as much money as you want. Most stick under 10k to avoid the stress of going through the process ofexplaining how much cash you are bringing into the country and then slowly transfe electronically the rest over time.