+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maternity Leave - Employed or unemployed

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to all,

My spouse completes here residency requirements next week and will submit the application the following week. She has been on Maternity/Parental leave since 4 months ago.
In Q11 in the application, how do I update her current situation ?
Should I put it up as
a. Unemployed - Maternity leave
b. Employed - Maternity Leave
c. Maternity Leave

and in either of the cases, how do I updated the organisation details?

I have searched this topic in this forum. I have got mixed responses/advice in this forum dated 2 year back. Restarting this topic to get an updated response advice that someone has used recently.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
I was on maternity leave (actually twice - both my kids) within my 5 year eligibility period, I put unemployed and on maternity leave for those period. Got my AOR and exam (waiting for oath now).

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hello to all,

My spouse completes here residency requirements next week and will submit the application the following week. She has been on Maternity/Parental leave since 4 months ago.
In Q11 in the application, how do I update her current situation ?
Should I put it up as
a. Unemployed - Maternity leave
b. Employed - Maternity Leave
c. Maternity Leave

and in either of the cases, how do I updated the organisation details?

I have searched this topic in this forum. I have got mixed responses/advice in this forum dated 2 year back. Restarting this topic to get an updated response advice that someone has used recently.

Thank you in advance.
Well, it depends because was she actually employed by a company and receiving maternity leave wages from them? Or did she have a job and take a hiatus while not receiving any payment?

Reactions: aeropostale

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, it depends because was she actually employed by a company and receiving maternity leave wages from them? Or did she have a job and take a hiatus while not receiving any payment?
She is getting EI benefits. and her position is on hold in the company till she returns.