AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
hello all,
Need your help and advise on below questions:
1. Which is the best facility for labor and birth and post birth medical care.

2. What is the procedure to register with the hospital in the last month of delivery. We will be flying in from outside of Canada and will shoulder medical costa either by self or by private insurance.

3. What is the step by step process after birth to obtain birth certificate and any other documents required for new borns passport.

4. What is the best way to fine 2-3 months temporary accompdation near the hospital

Appreciate your help and guidance.

Regards

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
We hold PRs

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well you might start by sharing which city/ province you are thinking of landing in as opposed to a random question (1) given even each provinces health plans have different requirements and people have different experiences to share.

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Well you might start by sharing which city/ province you are thinking of landing in as opposed to a random question (1) given even each provinces health plans have different requirements and people have different experiences to share.
Ohh sorry. We will be in Toronto.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Asking how to register at the hospital as paying patients is not a typical question so you might not get a 100% accurate answer here plus every hospital has their own procedures. I would go to the registration area where they check your information and make hospital bracelets/cards and explain that you are looking to speak with someone about private payment. There will either be someone in the department who can help you or they will connect you with the accounts department. Many great hospitals in the GTA. Some would be better if you know there is a problem with the baby because they have high level NICUs. You may want to consider where you want to live and the cost when looking at hospitals. If you are only in town for 3-4 months Airbnb is probably your best bet. As mentioned previously if you are planning on being followed by a doctor they will be associated with a specific hospital.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
although I have no personal experience with this scenario seems to me to be a leaving it a bit late to sort out a hospital and so on in the last month before delivery especially when the Op has no idea where they will stay, how close to any facility that might be or even if that facility is one they want to chose over any other. Given the op will be a PR it is not as though they are on any critical timeline like other posters on here arriving as visitors so a baby can gain citizenship so if were me I would aim to get things sorted a couple months beforehand at least, just saying.