+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters Stream 2021

co2020

May 31, 2020
I started this thread for recent graduates and those hoping to apply for the masters stream this year. Lets keep the thread active while we wait for updates.

co2020

May 31, 2020
BC has a graduate stream (Master and Phd) so does NFLD.
Apparently the B.C stream doesn't require a draw. But there are specific fields of study required. I wonder if Ontario reached a decision on its proposal for an expression of interest in the masters and PHD stream. The PHD stream is still open though.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Apart from Education and Language scores does anyone have an idea on what requirements might be needed for the PHD and masters stream if the Proposed changes to the OINP stream is implemented.

co2020

May 31, 2020
If the Masters stream is still on first come first serve basis this year, Here are some steps to follow to get a spot, and I hope someone can find it useful.

1. Create one-key profile in advance by navigating to any other opened stream. In that way, you don't need to register again when registering for Master's stream. It's a time save for me.
2. Have a reminder to check https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates page for any latest updates at around 10:00 every day.
3. Ensure you have proper network.
4. Please make sure you can auto-fill your id, password and other personal details.
5. When you see any update regarding Master's nomination on a given day, keep retrying the OINP portal. It may take several retries but keep focusing.

Good luck!

Source: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/about-oinp-masters-graduate-stream-2020.704487/page-2

Last edited:

co2020

May 31, 2020
While we wait for an Update from OINP.....

Hi Everyone, although OINP proposed the masters and PHD stream to be moving into the Express entry route. I strongly advice you continue checking their webpage to look out for the stream opening. The PHD stream is still open and there has been no indication that a new way of applying to the stream will be or has been adopted . To avoid any surprises, keep checking between 9.30 to 10.30 am for the stream opening until there is an official announcement of any change.

If the proposed method was adopted there should have been an update for people to begin creating their profile or something, so that the draws can start taking place immediately Ontario gets its allocation for the year. But no update has been given yet.

keep in mind that last year no prior announcement was made before the stream opened for the year in September Probably due to COVID (The stream usually opens in March). And also it takes about 30 minutes for the stream to fill up.

Last edited:

co2020

May 31, 2020
While we wait for an Update from OINP.....

Hi Everyone, although OINP proposed the masters and PHD stream to be moving into the Express entry route. I strongly advice you continue checking their webpage to look out for the stream opening. The PHD stream is still open and there has been no indication that a new way of applying to the stream will be or has been adopted . To avoid any surprises, keep checking between 9.30 to 10.30 am for the stream opening until there is an official announcement of any change.

If the proposed method was adopted there should have been an update for people to begin creating their profile or something, so that the draws can start taking place immediately Ontario gets its allocation for the year. But no update has been given yet.

keep in mind that last year no prior announcement was made before the stream opened for the year in September Probably due to COVID (The stream usually opens in March). And also it takes about 30 minutes for the stream to fill up.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
So i contacted the OINP again and got this reply.

Hi Muhammad. I sent your question to the OINP program area. Here is their response: Demand for the OINP is high, and Ontario continuously balances intake across all streams. This includes managing application intake for the high-demand streams to ensure that the program is meeting the needs of employers and filling specific labour market gaps, across the province.

To find out when the OINP will accept new applications for the Master's Graduate stream, please continue to monitor the OINP Program Updates page for news, announcements and program developments. This stream will be part of the Expression of Interest system with implementation occurring in spring 2021.

So they are definitely changing the system but can someone explain how the expression of interest system works?

co2020

May 31, 2020
So i contacted the OINP again and got this reply.

Hi Muhammad. I sent your question to the OINP program area. Here is their response: Demand for the OINP is high, and Ontario continuously balances intake across all streams. This includes managing application intake for the high-demand streams to ensure that the program is meeting the needs of employers and filling specific labour market gaps, across the province.

To find out when the OINP will accept new applications for the Master's Graduate stream, please continue to monitor the OINP Program Updates page for news, announcements and program developments. This stream will be part of the Expression of Interest system with implementation occurring in spring 2021.

So they are definitely changing the system but can someone explain how the expression of interest system works?
They have updated it. More information will follow in the coming weeks, But I wonder how the notification of interest is done, I am guessing a link would be provided. For now the stream still says job offer is not required. Which means IELTS/CELPIP will be a huge deciding factor.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
They have updated it. More information will follow in the coming weeks, But I wonder how the notification of interest is done, I am guessing a link would be provided. For now the stream still says job offer is not required. Which means IELTS/CELPIP will be a huge deciding factor.
if ielts and celpip will be the main factor then whats the use fo this stream rather go to express entry route make no sense lets see what will be the changes.

Sep 1, 2021
Hi,

I have a Masters of Science - Applied Modelling & Quantitative Methods in Big Data Analytics. Can anyone tell me what my field of study is for Masters Stream EOI. I am confused between:
1) Computer & Information Sciences
2) General & Integrated Sciences