+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters ECA only

nitingpt09

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I have sent my docs for B.E. and MBA. But they have evaluated both as Bachelors degree. My question is can i submit my profile as two bachelors degree and later on update one as Masters once they send me the updated one.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
xpressentry said:
I sent both. If not for immigration, it will be handy for job search as well
Exactly. That's the main advantage of doing both over bachelor's only.

You can show more education by this way. Otherwise the degree/diploma without ECA has no importance than a simple paper.

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks for the Suggestion, looked the ECA very carefully, There is no mention of the Bachelors Degree equivalency. At the very top it says "Canadian Equivalency Summary - Master's Degree". Can confirm we sent both Bachelors and Masters. They Just evaluated the highest Degree.

hamgha said:
If you look carefully, WES writes the corresponding canadian equivalency for each diploma

mandeep_29

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Hi guys ,
I heard that when we send or bachelors and masters degree to WES for education assessment they make you maters equivalent to bachelors so you end up gets two bachelors degrees how about ICAS they do the same or the calculate masters as masters?
Any advise?

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
I am sure it totally depends where you did your masters from? I mean which country.

I did my masters from UK and according to WES online tool, its equivalent to Canadian masters. however I think its not the same for degree from Indian and Pakistan. Better to check the free online tool on their website.

mandeep_29

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
JACKCHITRA123 said:
I am sure it totally depends where you did your masters from? I mean which country.

I did my masters from UK and according to WES online tool, its equivalent to Canadian masters. however I think its not the same for degree from Indian and Pakistan. Better to check the free online tool on their website.
did in India bachelor pgdca diploma and masters, why is it's not equivalent to Canada wired

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
xpressentry said:
I sent both. If not for immigration, it will be handy for job search as well
Insert Quote
I have worked as Sales Manager (NOC B 6234 financial sales representative) for 1 year 10 months and got promoted as Branch Manager (NOC 0 1211- Brokerage Manager) and worked in that designation for 1 year 9 months)
This has been as part of normal career progression in the same company...
So can I claim total of 3 years of foreign work experience....both designations fall under different NOC category...(NOC 0 and NOC B )
Please advise...

baaboo2u

Apr 17, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

WES report: M.Sc (2Years) is evaluated as Postgraduate Diploma (1Year)

While updating EE profile there are two drop downs
1. Level of education
2. Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report

Question:
1. Should both of the above fields carry same value?
2. Should I enter "One Year Program at a college, university or trade or other institutes" or "One Year Program at a college, university or trade or other institutes"?

Please suggest!!

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
ashu1710 said:
I have a similar profile. Remove your bachelor's from the education section and add it to your personal history.
Hi Ashu1710

I was wanting to clarify regarding your post/discussion around Master's ECA.

I am still in the pre-ITA phase and am creating my EE profile. I have a Master's whose ECA says Canadian equivalent to Masters.

I did not give my Bachelors to be evaluated for ECA.

In the pre-ITA EE profile, would it be okay if I submitted it saying that I have a Masters and have an ECA for it, and I have a Bachelors and do not have an ECA for it?

Did you also go through the same situation?

-S.

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
The Robust said:
anyone please reply...........
i have only master's ECA- have received full points as per master's. i think it's implied that no university will let you do master's without a bachelor's, and if that master's is equivalent to Canadian Master's, then requirements are met.

conversely i have got a bachelor's and associate degree ECA for my wife.

FYI I have 126 points. i would post a photo but i don't know how to attach pictures.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
adtjindal said:
i have only master's ECA- have received full points as per master's. i think it's implied that no university will let you do master's without a bachelor's, and if that master's is equivalent to Canadian Master's, then requirements are met.

conversely i have got a bachelor's and associate degree ECA for my wife.

FYI I have 126 points. i would post a photo but i don't know how to attach pictures.
Hi adtjindal,

No need for pics :)

In your pre-ITA EE Profile, did you fill out BOTH Bachelors and Masters in the education section? If so, did you mention that you have an ECA for Masters but also specify that there was no ECA for bachelors?