Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Hi Jerebeat, here is what I did for the immigration process.

My wife wanted to bear her married name so we had to make all her documents changed to her married name. If your wife wants to change to her married name, I suggest you make her do that there in the Philippines because here in Quebec, its quite complicated.
Expect that NSO (Philippines department responsible of national civil registry) will take at least 2 months to register your marriage. I heard you can apply w/o marriage certificate and send it later but its not what I did.

These are my steps:
1. You start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
You want to look for the guide for the Philippines first (IMM3905) because this is the one telling you what documents your wife needs.
She will need: NSO Birth certificate, NSO marriage certificate, passport valid for 18 months after application (photocopy of biopage), her NBI (the NBI for abroad is different from the one for applying job in Philippines), 9 recent photos bearing applicants name date of birth and signature (specifications are in the guide). If she has kid(s) that she brings, she will need proof of custody (I didn't need that so I don't know the process).

2. Make her gather all the evidence of relationship she have. Emails, chatlogs, pictures, receipts, etc. If you have the same, don't make it double, just use yours.

3. You make her fill all the forms for immigration according to the guide checklist. She can skip Additional dependants information (IMM0008DEP) and declaration of non accompanying parent (IMM5604) if she doesnt have kid(s). She can also skip the Use of representative (IMM5476) if you don't have one. Sponsor is not considered as representative.

4. Have her get a medical exam. She cannot use any clinic. she has to go where its specified here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
We chose the IOM medical center as she lives in Manila area. We paid 5000 PHP (about 150 CAD). They will give her a Emedical receipt that you include in your application.

5. Have her courier ( fedex, dhl) the forms, proof, emedical and certificates to you. Never use regular post service for sending from and to Philippines.

You can get the NSO certificates (birth, marriage) online at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/default.aspx You can even get it mailed to you here in Canada.

To be continued...

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
mikeymyke said:
My wife must be one of the 1% then. :p

No really, its never 99% refusal. It really depends on your ability to show that she is a genuine visitor and will leave before her visa expires. My wife is from an even higher overstay risk country than Philippines, married to me, yet was able to get a multiple TRV for life of passport, and also got it in half the posted time.

I really wish I never paid attention to those who keep saying it's impossible to get a TRV, because it's really not as hard as it seems.
MM how did you find out that your interview was waived on a specific date? Your stats say interview waived on June 26 - did they inform you about that?

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Continuation of my previous post.

First of all I forgot to mention in my previous post that you should also make your wife fill the form "Application for selection certificate - Family class" that you will find here: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html
You don't need it now but you will need later for Quebec's processing, its just for saving packages between Philippines and Canada as Fedex or DHL can be very costly.

Lets continue:
6.While your wife is sending the forms, you can fill the sponsorship forms from the same website as step 1. As a resident of Quebec, you skip the sponsorship evaluation (IMM5481), you will be assessed by Quebec. You don't need to fill Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409) if you are married. Also skip the use of representative form if you don't have.
Also gather all the proof of relationship you have on your side and required ID as mentioned on the Document Checklist.

7. Pay your fees. You will have to include the receipt in your application. The fees are 75$ for sponsorship application, 475$ for the principal applicant and 490$ for the right of permanent residence so total 1040$ if your wife comes alone. You can pay the fee of permanent residence at a later time during application, many says its slowing processing. You can pay online here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

8. Once the package from your wife arrives, its time to sort things. There is no guidelines on how to make the package but I found this thread very useful: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html
I didn't follow all she did but I did made 3 separate envelopes (sponsorship, Immigration, proof) in 1 package. Make sure to follow and include the Document Checklist (IMM5491) and sign all the forms.

9. When you're confident that you got all you need by following the checklist, send the package to Case Processing Center in Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga). Address is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp You can courier or mail it. I used Expresspost as its cheaper than Fedex and taking the same time (tomorrow guaranteed MTL-TOR) and they also give you a tracking number. Take note that the address is different if you send by courier or by mail.

The current processing time for sponsorship assessment is 48 days so don't expect any news before that. They usually send acknowledgement of receipt and, few days later, you have your sponsorship approval by email. This is the end of stage 1. You can then begin processing with Quebec which is more forms and fees. They will, in the meantime, send your application to Manila Visa Office where it will wait for several months before being processed (stage 2).
Hope this helps. Good luck with your application.

M

mikeymyke

GabbieLovesAya said:
MM how did you find out that your interview was waived on a specific date? Your stats say interview waived on June 26 - did they inform you about that?
Your GCMS notes will tell you if your interview is waived or not.

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
mikeymyke said:
Your GCMS notes will tell you if your interview is waived or not.
Thank you. I guess, since there is nothing in my notes about an interview, they did not make that decision yet. I will scream, if they will schedule an interview now, after sitting on a file and making us wait for 15 months +

Jerebeat

Sep 19, 2014
Would it be easier for me to marry in Québec while my future wife would be in a visiting vise in Canada than marrying in the Philippines?

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Jerebeat said:
Would it be easier for me to marry in Québec while my future wife would be in a visiting vise in Canada than marrying in the Philippines?
There is some points to consider with that.
First for having the visiting visa, I don't know about the background of your gf but she will have to prove strong ties to the Philippines, i.e. owning land or house, having a well paying job, etc. and she will also have to prove she can monetary support herself while here. We are talking about having at least 10K CAD in her bank account for a 6 months visa.

Second, if she gets her visiting visa and you get married here, how you will process PR? Outland or inland?
If you process outland, the process is faster...about a year. Will you let her go back to her country for 1 year or you will let her stay here on her visiting visa? What if they don't renew after 6 months? What if they request interview from her? She has to go back there in Manila visa office.
If you process Inland, the process takes way more time (2year+) and your wife cannot work here until she is PR. She is not covered by public health insurance, etc.

I also considered all options and came to the conclusion it is easier to get married there and process PR outland after. My wife is coming from a poor family so there was 0% chance CIC would grant her visitor visa.