saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I recently received my official nominee certificate from BC and is now in the process of sending my PR application to CIC, however I am planning to get married in June to someone overseas...
Should I send my application now as single and then update status when I get married?
or should I wait till I get married to send everything incl my spouse's info

Also is a there a set amount on money that I need in my account if I add her to my application as a dependent? Or is that proof of funds waived because I am already nominated?

Please help
Thanks

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
saka101 said:
Hello,

I recently received my official nominee certificate from BC and is now in the process of sending my PR application to CIC, however I am planning to get married in June to someone overseas...
Should I send my application now as single and then update status when I get married?
or should I wait till I get married to send everything incl my spouse's info

Also is a there a set amount on money that I need in my account if I add her to my application as a dependent? Or is that proof of funds waived because I am already nominated?

Please help

Thanks
I am not a BC nominee; I have applied under AINP. But, from my experience, I think this is what you should do.

1) Send your application right away as a single applicant and inform CIC of the update as soon as you get married. This is for two reasons. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. With increasing timelines, the sooner you send it the better. Secondly, it takes atleast 5 months to get your AOR/medicals after you have sent your application. If you are getting married in June, and inform CIC right away, this should not affect your timeline. ( They take about 5 months just to open your file).

2)Yes, if you add here you will need to show additional funds. Although there are no guidlines for provincial nominees, as previously they were not asked for proof of funds, you should follow the same guidlene as for skilled workers.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wow Thanks soo much chigirl

Like I showed 4,000 dollars for nominee and they accepted it
Do you know how much more I would have to show when I add him??

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
saka101 said:
Oh wow Thanks soo much chigirl

Like I showed 4,000 dollars for nominee and they accepted it
Do you know how much more I would have to show when I add him??
Its more like $10,000 for a single applicant and $11,000 for an additional applicant. Please go to the CIC website and check. I am looking for the link, if I find it, I will post it.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chigirl I just checked the manual for Provincial Nominee requirements for Buffalo consulate
and it looks like proof of funds is not required for Provincial Nominees

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
saka101 said:
Chigirl I just checked the manual for Provincial Nominee requirements for Buffalo consulate
and it looks like proof of funds is not required for Provincial Nominees
True ; its not required. There have been instances where they have come back and asked for it later ( not sure if it was the NY or Seattle office). If you send it right now along along with your application, you're eliminating one more reason for delay.

They also ask for proof of funds when you're landing. So, you will definetely need to show it then.