+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married Refugee filling forms for Spouse Sponsorship

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I have one last question. I already have an open work permit as a refugee and I am currently working.
in the document check list for spose sponsorship thare is a check box saying that:
''I am also including an open work permit application''

Do I have to check this box yes or no? (Since my current status is refugee claimant, based on lawyer advise, I am not going to withdraw my refugee case. I am going to submit my spouse sponsorship application wait for the results to see witch one goes first.)

thanks in advanced.
normal people include their family as their dependents in their claim and also for pr. spousal sponsorship usual after you become a pr.

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
normal people include their family as their dependents in their claim and also for pr. spousal sponsorship usual after you become a pr.
Thanks for your reply but I couldn't understand what do you mean! My question was regarding checking the yes or no for requesting a work permit.
I don't have any children to mention them as my dependent, although I want to sponsor my mom and dad after I got my citizenship and when possible.

Thank you.

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
please help me with this last question, you have already answered to all my concerns and I really appreciate it.
I have already had a work permit through my refugee claimant application which is valid till january 2022. I want to pay my fees for the spousal sponsorship program and I am not sure if I have to pay for an open work permit in this new application.

thank you

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
You said you have a pending refugee claim. That means your claim doesn't have a hearing yet. Then how can you sponsor your spouse? As I know, refugee claimants can't sponsor their spouse or any family member. Because I'm a refugee claimant myself and my lawyer said that I can't sponsor my husband until I get my hearing done and get my decision on my hands.

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
You said you have a pending refugee claim. That means your claim doesn't have a hearing yet. Then how can you sponsor your spouse? As I know, refugee claimants can't sponsor their spouse or any family member. Because I'm a refugee claimant myself and my lawyer said that I can't sponsor my husband until I get my hearing done and get my decision on my hands.
Hi. You are right, you can not sponsor anyone with a refugee status. You can sponsor only when you have got your PR or citizenship. I am not sponsoring my spouse. My husband is a Canadian citizen, he is the one sponsoring me.

Ahmed-S

Mar 9, 2021
You have to be 100% honest. If you don't, you will lose the opportunity to get PR.

According to your questions, I would say:

1. Yes, you have to write down your UCI number in all forms and documents.
2. You have to write YES. You got a certified copy and that it is a proof. You have to write down expiration and issuing date as well as the passport number.
3. If previous refer to other attempts before the current refugee claimant you have, it depends on if did or didnt. Just read clearly. If refers to the current claimant, you have to say: YES because you are in a current claimant.

Sources: I had the same situation like you and I already got PR.
You have to be 100% honest. If you don't, you will lose the opportunity to get PR.

According to your questions, I would say:

1. Yes, you have to write down your UCI number in all forms and documents.
2. You have to write YES. You got a certified copy and that it is a proof. You have to write down expiration and issuing date as well as the passport number.
3. If previous refer to other attempts before the current refugee claimant you have, it depends on if did or didnt. Just read clearly. If refers to the current claimant, you have to say: YES because you are in a current claimant.

Sources: I had the same situation like you and I already got PR.

Are you withdraw your refugee claim or not because I'm in the same situation and my wife already applied for sponsorship ( PR ) but I'm still confuse if I withdraw my refugee claim or no

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
Are you withdraw your refugee claim or not because I'm in the same situation and my wife already applied for sponsorship ( PR ) but I'm still confuse if I withdraw my refugee claim or no
Based on lawyer's recommendation, I will not withdraw my refugee claimant application otherwise I will have no status in Canada till a decision be made on my sponsorship case.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
[/QUOTE. Could u please tell me I got married my wife is Pr in Canada I am also refugees claimant I did not have any hearing yet do I need to do PCC from my home country which is police clearance certificate please tell me yes or no thanks .

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I withdrew my aplicattion after I got my COPR. I got my COPR and next day sent the photos for PR card, then I withdrew my claimant.

lee07

Jun 4, 2020
Can protected person (convention refugee) who applied for spousal sponsorship and received pr through marriage travel to his home country?

Will I still fall under the refugee category who can't return to their home country?

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
Can protected person (convention refugee) who applied for spousal sponsorship and received pr through marriage travel to his home country?

Will I still fall under the refugee category who can't return to their home country?
If you get your PR through spousal sponsorship before receiving hearing date, you can cancel your refugee application and will no longer be under refugee category. So literally you can return to your home country if you wish

Reactions: lee07