+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married Refugee filling forms for Spouse Sponsorship

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
Hi. I have a pending refugee claim. I maid my claim on december 2019. no hearing date is still specified. I gor married on Agugust 2020 and expecting our first child in July 2021. i want to have my PR when i am giving birth to my baby. I waited till now but no news of hearing date. so i decided to apply for spouse sponsorship program. i want to fill out the forms my self there are a few questions i would like to ask and will be appriciate if you can help me.

1. do I need to write my refugee UCI number on the forms or should i leave it blank?
2. in one of the forms there is a question asking '' if i have a valid passport or travel document'' do i have to say yes or no? i gave my passport to refugee board when making my claim but they gave me a certified copy of that. in the guide it has been said ''if you don't have one or can't obtin one you must select no''
3. in one form there is a question asking if i have made previous claim for refugee protection, do i have to say yes and then explain how i got here (visito visa) why i claimed refugee and how we got married?
thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I have a pending refugee claim. I maid my claim on december 2019. no hearing date is still specified. I gor married on Agugust 2020 and expecting our first child in July 2021. i want to have my PR when i am giving birth to my baby. I waited till now but no news of hearing date. so i decided to apply for spouse sponsorship program. i want to fill out the forms my self there are a few questions i would like to ask and will be appriciate if you can help me.

1. do I need to write my refugee UCI number on the forms or should i leave it blank?
2. in one of the forms there is a question asking '' if i have a valid passport or travel document'' do i have to say yes or no? i gave my passport to refugee board when making my claim but they gave me a certified copy of that. in the guide it has been said ''if you don't have one or can't obtin one you must select no''
3. in one form there is a question asking if i have made previous claim for refugee protection, do i have to say yes and then explain how i got here (visito visa) why i claimed refugee and how we got married?
thank you
You should note that you won't have PR by July 2021. Spousal sponsorship applications are taking over 12 months to process at this time.

1) Yes, include your UCI
2) I'm not sure about this question. Hopefully someone else can help.
3. Yes, you must answer yes and then explain that you have filed a refugee claim which is in progress.

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
You should note that you won't have PR by July 2021. Spousal sponsorship applications are taking over 12 months to process at this time.

1) Yes, include your UCI
3. Yes, you must answer yes and then explain that you have filed a refugee claim which is in progress.
thanks for your prompt response ....really appreciate it

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019

1) Yes, include your UCI
can i ask your opinion about this please? me and my husband are second cousins. my mom is cousin with his father. some people say do not say that you are related just mention that you are family friends because they might think your marriage is not geniue! our marriage is geniue we had a small wedding party (due to covid it was small with 50 people) lots of pictures, lots of messages, share residentioal property, expecting our baby and.....i don't know why they are suggesting this maybe because they think relatives should never marry with each other. i don't want to hide the truth but if this may cause dely in processing my application i would go for it. please give me your opinion. thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can i ask your opinion about this please? me and my husband are second cousins. my mom is cousin with his father. some people say do not say that you are related just mention that you are family friends because they might think your marriage is not geniue! our marriage is geniue we had a small wedding party (due to covid it was small with 50 people) lots of pictures, lots of messages, share residentioal property, expecting our baby and.....i don't know why they are suggesting this maybe because they think relatives should never marry with each other. i don't want to hide the truth but if this may cause dely in processing my application i would go for it. please give me your opinion. thanks.
My advice is that you be honest in your application and answer all questions truthfully. Failing to answer questions truthfully can result in refusal or even a misrepresentation ban.

Reactions: EliRf

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Question #2 you say yes. and submit the copy they gave you.

Reactions: EliRf

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
My advice is that you be honest in your application and answer all questions truthfully. Failing to answer questions truthfully can result in refusal or even a misrepresentation ban.
My advice is for you to get an experience immigration lawyer to advice and help you perfect your application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You seem to have also attempted to apply for express entry before applying for asylum. You then got married and pregnant very soon after arriving in Canada. This seems to indicate that you wanted to remain in Canada. Unless you have solid grounds for an asylum claim please save the taxpayer money and allow another asylum claim to be processed faster by withdrawIng your asylum claim. If you have a legal aid lawyer I assume you have updated your family income now that you’re married.

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020

thank you
You have to be 100% honest. If you don't, you will lose the opportunity to get PR.

According to your questions, I would say:

1. Yes, you have to write down your UCI number in all forms and documents.
2. You have to write YES. You got a certified copy and that it is a proof. You have to write down expiration and issuing date as well as the passport number.
3. If previous refer to other attempts before the current refugee claimant you have, it depends on if did or didnt. Just read clearly. If refers to the current claimant, you have to say: YES because you are in a current claimant.

Sources: I had the same situation like you and I already got PR.

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
You have to be 100% honest. If you don't, you will lose the opportunity to get PR.

According to your questions, I would say:

1. Yes, you have to write down your UCI number in all forms and documents.
2. You have to write YES. You got a certified copy and that it is a proof. You have to write down expiration and issuing date as well as the passport number.
3. If previous refer to other attempts before the current refugee claimant you have, it depends on if did or didnt. Just read clearly. If refers to the current claimant, you have to say: YES because you are in a current claimant.

Sources: I had the same situation like you and I already got PR.
thanks for you response, I really appreciate it

about the 3rd question, in the form it's been written:
Have you ever made previous claims for refugee protection in canada or at the canadian visa office abroad?

so, what do you think? is it a yes or no in my case?

thank you.

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
I have one last question. I already have an open work permit as a refugee and I am currently working.
in the document check list for spose sponsorship thare is a check box saying that:
''I am also including an open work permit application''

Do I have to check this box yes or no? (Since my current status is refugee claimant, based on lawyer advise, I am not going to withdraw my refugee case. I am going to submit my spouse sponsorship application wait for the results to see witch one goes first.)

thanks in advanced.

EliRf

Sep 10, 2019
you said you have a pending claim so yes you made a claim.
I have one last question. I already have an open work permit as a refugee and I am currently working.
in the document check list for spose sponsorship thare is a check box saying that:

Do I have to check this box yes or no? (Since my current status is refugee claimant, based on lawyer advise, I am not going to withdraw my refugee case. I am going to submit my spouse sponsorship application wait for the results to see witch one goes first.)

thanks in advanced.
you said you have a pending claim so yes you made a claim.

thanks in advanced.