+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married LIC husband not accompanying on PR application

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Just to let you know guys that i received my AIP today! Because i have stated that my husband is non-accompanying and i have requested that he be not included on the processing of my PR i was required to submit for now a proof that the divorce proceeding is on the way and a statutory declaration outlining the details of the breakdown of marriage which must be notarized. I will post any information regarding my case as someone might have the same case as me.
Hi mylady833,

I have a similar situation as you and have the following question :

I am the principal applicant and I fear my spouse would not cooperate . So when submitting medical and police clearance of me should I also submit a divorce petition, a statutory declaration (Any format ) and letter of explanation ?

Does any of these require any signature for one's spouse?

Is this good to process your application but put PR on hold until final divorce certificate is submitted ?

Thanks
Shilpi

Gurleenkaur2020

Mar 5, 2020
Just to let you know guys that i received my AIP today! Because i have stated that my husband is non-accompanying and i have requested that he be not included on the processing of my PR i was required to submit for now a proof that the divorce proceeding is on the way and a statutory declaration outlining the details of the breakdown of marriage which must be notarized. I will post any information regarding my case as someone might have the same case as me.
Dear all, although i had applied as a single applicant in may 2020, and in july 2021, i got married (marriage registered). Informed IRCC about marriage and non-accompanying spouse in feb 2022. We are having a troubled marriage and now, my husband is refusing to cooperate for medical/pcc, and threaten me to divorce him or file a petition first, if i want his support. I do not want to file a mutual divorce, for obvious reasons, as my husband and inlaws are involved in adultery and domestic violence, this way they are looking for a safe passage.

1. Now, if IRCC will ask for spouse medical/pcc, what documents or affidavits can be provided to convince them to proceed without my spouse details?
2. Any samples of affidavits? Please.
3. Please share solutions as i feel stuck.
PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND AND HELP

Gurleenkaur2020

Mar 5, 2020
wow..congrats to you!!!.. so does it mean,, the divorce petition itself is a proof that you are separated from your ex husband,.. Id like to ask further details about the statutory declaration of marriage breakdown. Did you make it your own?or your lawyer made it for you?what are the details on it?? thanks
Dear all, although i had applied as a single applicant in may 2020, and in july 2021, i got married (marriage registered). Informed IRCC about marriage and non-accompanying spouse in feb 2022. We are having a troubled marriage and now, my husband is refusing to cooperate for medical/pcc, and threaten me to divorce him or file a petition first, if i want his support. I do not want to file a mutual divorce, for obvious reasons, as my husband and inlaws are involved in adultery and domestic violence, this way they are looking for a safe passage.

1. Now, if IRCC will ask for spouse medical/pcc, what documents or affidavits can be provided to convince them to proceed without my spouse details?
2. Any samples of affidavits? Please.
3. Please share solutions as i feel stuck.
PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND AND HELP

Gurleenkaur2020

Mar 5, 2020
I have received the request to submit my PR for stamping, however, as i applied as a single applicant, and then later got married, and informed IRCC of change in my marital status. They have now come back asking all the dependent forms including spouse PCC.

However, my husband is refusing to cooperate and exploiting me to sign an agreement (that is ethically unacceptable) in exchange for his cooperation.

I am thinking of filing a divorce, but again on my terms, as my husband and inlaws are taking advantage of my weak spot that Canada is my dream.

What can be done? How can this be processed? What should be my next steps? Which documents need to be provided?

This will delay my PR application which is in the last stage, but do i have any other option here?
Please help. Thanking you.
Regards
Gurleen Kaur

kourrrnnn

Apr 4, 2024
Hey Gurleen, Can you give me update. Same thing is happening with me and my in laws are taking advantage. They asked me to give tham 60 lakhs so that he will cooperate