Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
PC25 said:
sad to know that things like this fraud marriages happens.
the worst part is that most of time they were granted the visa. where in fact many who has a genuine relationship are being denied for some absurd reasons.
its so unfair.. :mad:
It really does seem that ways sometimes...it's like we live in bizzaro world...up is down, left is right, genuine is fake, fake is genuine.....

PC25

Jul 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Med's Request
October 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009
Passport Req..
November 2009
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
locolynn said:
It really does seem that ways sometimes...it's like we live in bizzaro world...up is down, left is right, genuine is fake, fake is genuine.....
hell yeah!.. :eek:

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
joecreosta said:
are you peoples calling Canadain Immigration a racist organization? think again. Canada is most multicultured countri in world. everyone from the east to west north to south u can find in canada only because of our open mindedness.

if they are interviewing an iraqi boy then they have strong reasons for that. noone should be offended. i know many americans who are WHITE americans like white white americans who marry canadians and have to go through interview process. so dont bring in race.altough it makes sense for sure.
What is a white white American and what is your bases for your opinions? You are, singly, the most prejudice person (or made up person...) I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. How do you think you will get into Cda? You think you will get through an interview??

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
tgchi13 said:
What is a white white American and what is your bases for your opinions? You are, singly, the most prejudice person (or made up person...) I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. How do you think you will get into Cda? You think you will get through an interview??
rasicm is a very dangerous topic. and people look really offensive. im sorry if somebody wont like my comment, though im not offending anyone, i just wanna peace and friendship.

what the person said about "white white americans", i understood he wanted to say that caucasian people are being interviewed too.

anyways, none of us is saint. there are good and bad people in all races. i think its not the color of immigration worker, that makes them act so wrong by interviewing applicants, its the high position that they take..u know - power and money.. be it caucasian, asian, african, afroamerican etc.. blaming each other wont solve any problems. lets try to be more tolerant to each other. i love canadian habitants for this -people here are really pleasant, polite and sweet.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta said:
rasicm is a very dangerous topic. and people look really offensive. im sorry if somebody wont like my comment, though im not offending anyone, i just wanna peace and friendship.

what the person said about "white white americans", i understood he wanted to say that caucasian people are being interviewed too.

anyways, none of us is saint. there are good and bad people in all races. i think its not the color of immigration worker, that makes them act so wrong by interviewing applicants, its the high position that they take..u know - power and money.. be it caucasian, asian, african, afroamerican etc.. blaming each other wont solve any problems. lets try to be more tolerant to each other. i love canadian habitants for this -people here are really pleasant, polite and sweet.
thanks for making it clear for others my friend Asta. looks like they need to get their reading goggles out and sleeping goggles out the window.

i meant to say caucasian, tgchi13 sure doesnt want to read carefully or just choses to pick fights in a civil forum.

what i tried to say is that regardless of your colour of skin u will be interviewed.

yusuf

Champion D

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
I am a foreigner who will be sponsored by my Canadian boyfriend and we have known each other for about 10 months (yes a short space of time). Even though its brief compared to other relationships we're both from the Caribbean, we have the same culture, same language, corresponded with each other families, etc.I even knew some of his family members before I met him!! As a foreigner I do agree with your post.....its not racist either it simply means before sponsoring get to know the person a little bit....dig deeper background check if u have too :D I did this but he doesn't know this :p as his cousin is one of my best friends because we went to college together so I got all the dirt before I even decided to be with him. As for saying CIC is stagnant I beg to differ as they scrutinize every single case and it was YOUR job to PROVE your relation was GENUINE which u SUCCESSFULLY did!! Other people should not have to suffer and bare unnecessary because of your downfall. To be honest I only hear of people meeting other people in restaurants or on vacations and spend 2 weeks and fall in love instantly.....bearing in mind some of these stories are actually true! The only job I think immigration should tighten is if there is evidence where the spouse only entered for convenience even after they received sponsorship they should be deported. Also I agree with immigration putting in place a 2 year temporary PR as I cannot imagine places being reversed and my partner disappears after being sponsored I can see how this would affect one's life.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
I have been reading everyone's post and I have decided to state my opinion as well...

I have met someone through the net, facebook to be exact... my first husband who I knew since I was 14 and dated for one year then decided to live with for two years after this then finally married him and was married to for 16 years and had a child from. He decided the grass was greener on the other side and had an affair with someone which I found out and told him to leave with my heart broke beyond belief then 11 months after I left him he died. So first knowing someone since kids and the same cultures and our families knew each other, one of my relatives was married to his relative, this doesn't mean a thing.
After this I was single at 38 never worked much before so I got a full time job made friends and started to go out only to find out that all the men I met wanted one thing, and it wasn't a lasting relationship one even had a commonlaw wife and thought I wouldn't find out and I hadn't dated him yet. There is no one in our own country to protect us from the wolves out there and I am sad to say there is alot of bad values in our own people.And alot of broken hearts and feeling completely humiliated from our own people, when my first hubby did that too me I wanted to move! continuously every day someone asked me what happened and the people from his affair and her friends laughed at me and thought it was all my fault my family pitied me and yet wanted things to work. So to be truthful this whole situation was extremely humiliating for me and the fact that men now think all us women is a piece of meat I just wanted to crawl in a hole.
So I started to talk to people on the net joined fb and the sites out there are awful one conversation and they want to know if you have a cam and next thing you see all their business so I delete
Then I met my now hubby on...I forget the site now I think it was meet new people.. all the sites are gone now I think, anyway he had hit flirt button we started to chat, the first day I never took alot of time with him cause I was exhausted by this point of web cams and the idiots on the net and the ones I entailed in my own area but after 3 times of talking with him he didn't want to see any part of me but my personality.To me this is the best way to meet someone and a whole new experience like the old days get to know the person before you meet no sex to get in the way of it all and if you decide they are not your type you can end it, also there is alot of ways you can check up on them through the net to see if they are a good person too. 3 million friends and pics of their body hanging all out and dirty little remarks from others on their fb tells me alot lol GOOD BYE!
Anyway after 5 months I went to meet him and met his family visited a friend I had there and engaged, then 6 months later I went back and we married, and one year later I went back to celebrate our one year anniverserary, WE talk almost daily sometimes only 4 days online cause of the time difference and in between on the phone.I Have met most of his family the rest live in another country,he doesn't ask me for any money and when we are together in his country he pays for everything for us I just use my money to buy things for my friends and family and some of the site seeing. I am closer with this man than I ever was with my first hubby, we talk about everything,our religions, cultures, families,politics and what we expect of each other all things I should have done the first time around.The benefit of online and a long distance relationship is all you have until you meet again is time to talk talk talk.When you meet someone here the lust takes over the relationship and important questions don't get asked.
On to another point I know two persons in my community who immigrated their hubbies here. One from morrocco and the other from India.
The woman who married the morroccon met him online he is 20 years younger 6 months after meeting him online she went to morroco for 3 months over our xmas holiday left her kids with her mom and never told her how long she was staying and came back applied for him to come here and 17 months total from the day she spoke to him online he was in canada. Before he come here she thought she might cancel the marriage because she didnt want to work and wanted to go back on welfare, this woman was known as the town bicycle her oldest kid is 18 and has two kids and is on welfare living with her. when her new hubby came i beleive he loved her by his actions but he is cooking and cleaning got a job right away and this kid is sitting on the couch and wont move.He left her and moved to the next building.she is on the net trying to meet others in other contries found one and sending him money through wertern union.she is on welfare by the way now and using our tax money to do this. she thinks because she married in morroco and vital statistics here has no record of her married she can move on to the next one.Her friend married in morroco she after some time decided he was no good and just wanted to get to canada but she allowed him to send her the fees for immigration and spent the money and told him see ya lol
We dont hear theese stories on tv or from others how OUR own people hurt innocent men from a foreign country.
And the lady I know who married the man from India he has two kids she married him after one trip there and immigration refused them on belief of not a genuine relationship and they fought with immigration lawyer and one and after 3 years he got here and its 3 years later they bought a home and are very happy together.
So my point is this I as well as others have been waiting too long for our spouses and we all know there is bad people but in EVERY COUNTRY and if we are lucky to find true love and happiness yahoooooo and I'm one of them and not everyone is bad and CIC has no right to decide who is scammers or not they need to concentrate on security BUT this new law is awesome and CIC ,our country needs to be responsible for the persons who do come here for PR only! They need to boot them back and no one needs welfare past a few months there is so many jobs out there and boarding houses.If our govt cracks down on persons that are already in our country and sends them back we wouldnt have problems with the marriage loop hole. But again if any of us make bad decisions we need to suck it up and move on but I'm am sure some one looking at photos and and a stack of papers along with one 2 hour interview can ever know the person truely and my stories prove that, we have to give us some credit for the relationship Ihave known my hubby now for 3 and half years If I don't know him by now no one will know him.
May we all be blessed with our spouses soon and Have a Happy life together :)

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have known my future husband for a year now. And we´ve been talking on phone/Skype/email every day and we
know each other inside out. Have been spending time with him in Canada, and he with me in my country. Our marriage to be
is not about our parents. In fact I don´t care what my parents would think about him or what his parents will think about me or about us,
cause we chose each other as adults. A big bonus if his parents will like me and us and vice versa but if not, well we can live with that!
Our marriage will be about love, commitment and friendship as well as having the same goals, being together as two individuals. I would be very much offended if anyone would question our marriage or the right to get wed. I will leave my country, my relatives, my friends and career because I love this man!

There are men in my country who go to Russia or Thailand and search for a (usually younger) wife..and some of them stay together for a lifetime,
some of them don´t. What ever purpose they have, it is really not my business. What if someone gets married for PR only? I don´t have a problem with that at all even though I marry because I love my Canadian and simply cannot live without him!

My point is let all flowers bloom. I am not GOD, so who am I to judge.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
joecreosta said:
Hello friends I was reading newspapers today and I found very interesting news article on thestar.com

Canadian Immigration and Canadian Border Security agencies are now going after the people who use Canadians citizens as key to get inside Canada faking their love stories and hurting poor innocent Canadiens emotionaly and financialy.

Source

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/836957--fastest-way-to-get-to-canada-marriage?bn=1

Content

Fraudulent marriage or not, a Canadian sponsor remains obligated financially to a foreign spouse for up to three years under the terms of sponsorship. That means if the spouse ends up on government assistance, the sponsor must repay the government and risks being denied future sponsorships.

Even if they divorce, the Canadian sponsor remains financially obligated if the spouse goes on welfare.

Fraudulent marriages hurt Canadians the most and immigration laws need to be tightened, say some experts.

I've heard far worse from Canadian citizen marriages and these people (the sponsors) are screaming bloody murder? Asking immigration to do more for them after the fact?

These 'sponsors' are the ones who failed. Much more responsibility should be placed on the sponsor(and the applicant), not on Canadian(s) immigration. Bite the bullet.

This stuff is almost humorous.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Bang on Hello, it is up to the sponsor to ensure the intent of our spouses is an honourable one. If we have any doubts we shouldn't marry or sponsor until we are satisfied the app is being honest and is as comitted to the process as we are. Yes, if we make a mistake then we pay the price, if it is $500/month for welfare, such is life. Marrying someone from your own country does not guarentee a strong future together, mistakes are made there too. At the end you'll be paying a lot more in alimony and child support than $500/month. My first married failed and I didn't even think to run back to my minister and tell him he should have known or needs to fix the problem I got myself into. Where do the jilted sponsors think the manpower is going to come from to deport those that they choose, I guess they would be ok to pull IO from different embassies and slow everyong process just to buy them out of thier mistakes. Part of growing up is making mistakes and learning from them, this is no different

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
What everyone has to realize first is a true scammer will scam everyone including immigration,and anyone who gets scammed has to suck it up but they do have a law in place that says theese people can be charged and even deported if they are found to have come here for a PR only. So if this law is there when someone reports it they need to take it seriously... not treat it like our fine for littering meaning it's never enforced and hoping who ever reads it will take it seriously and not do it.
And no one needs welfare for 3 years EVER just a few months to get on their feet and find a job but it would make more sense to pay for their ticket to go back home where they have family and friends for support and familiarity than staying in a country alone with no one they know.They need to change that part, but as we know with divorce here by the time we pay a lawyer and get it to the courts one has no money left and from what i read earlier the first step to getting the welfare is they have to go see a lawyer to get separation started then they can apply for welfare and apparently they can't get a legal aid lawyer on a PR. I was reading a blog from someone else on here asking advice on what to do next because this is what he was told when he went to get welfare and then to get a legal aid lawyer. So I guess in the end they wind up working anyway or don't get this.