Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The story by rjessome reminded me that Canadians sometimes scam foreigners too. The Indian government warns their citizens about Indian-Canadians who come to India to find a spouse, marry, sponsor them and then demand money, or treat them like slaves.
In Nigeria I saw billboards where the government was warning women that offers of marriage from abroad might be slavery, and to be very careful of the handsome foreigner promising the moon.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
joecreosta said:
Hey reegs buddy thanks for your comment. ya maybe my way is little harsh but i expose the reality. there's no more room for being sweet. better be bitter than sorry later.

ur right Canada cannot babysit everyone's relationship. so u have to be careful picking a spouse from the internet. i dont mind canadians getting married to americans.its ok because of cultural values are the same language same food same clothes same. only beer is different, we like our Molson Canadien and they like their Corona

Yusuf
Well it's good to know you approve of Cdn/US relationships but more than the beer is different.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
heatherusa said:
I think the issue with the post is not the points, but the statement "Here's the issue for the innocent, rather stupid Canadians when they fall in love with their spouses over the internet."

These broad generalizations about people of different races and ethnic backgrounds, about "stupid" women and "dishonest" Moroccans and "rude" french Canadians are what have irritated people on this forum to a great extent. Many of us go to great lengths to be mindful of others feelings and others feel that they can say what they want and as long as they say "sorry if I offended anyone" when it is clearly evident that they do not care that they offend others.

Joe's post actually started off great, and then he messed it up by calling Canadian women stupid, suggesting that the only relationships that are genuine are Canadian/American and that internet relationships aren't real because the people have never met in person (some people have enough intelligence, compassion, feeling and emotion to fall in love with someone for their personality and not the physicality).

Iarblue is right.... Joe would have less of a problem if he could learn to word his posts so they were not inflammatory, rude to certain groups of people and based in some real facts, because then when he actually makes a worthwhile post, like how this one started , people would get a lot more out of it than just a deeper look at his true personality.

Reegs: I absolutely agree that the points are worth looking at... and people need to be more aware of their choices, and responsible for those choices instead of blaming others. Meeting someone in a bar down the street can be just as risky as meeting the towel boy in a resort. Common sense needs to be put in to play.
Joe/Yusuf has been told this many times. Evidently he chooses to be this rude.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
The story by rjessome reminded me that Canadians sometimes scam foreigners too. The Indian government warns their citizens about Indian-Canadians who come to India to find a spouse, marry, sponsor them and then demand money, or treat them like slaves.
In Nigeria I saw billboards where the government was warning women that offers of marriage from abroad might be slavery, and to be very careful of the handsome foreigner promising the moon.
True talk. There is no one way street here.

Everybody has some blame... even immigration. CIC does not have a spousal visa like thy do in the US. They will not grant a fiancee visitiors visa. CIC push you into a corner by doing that. You are forced to marry without the person visiting you. At the end of the day if the marriage does not work innocent people suffer.... and fingers are pointed.

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
canadianwoman said:

Canadianwoman, I total agree with you, It is only the other side that gets talked about. The sad thing is that i have heard stories where Money is demand by the Canadain citizens to get people in Canada, it happenes but I wonder what is being done about it. shuuppp.

I think CIC can introduce the US type of fiancee visa. But are just forced to get married to get in? There is no one way street as being said.

What about the consultant setting up business as such, Look or read about the Montreal Man.

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
minna said:
I don't like the idea of "conditional" PR either.

I, for one, would much rather everyone who can prove a genuine relationship be approved, no matter where in the world they may be from. This PR process doesn't need to get any *more* difficult for those of us who are in genuine relationships, who love our spouses, partners and family members and who just want to be able to live with them. I think the process is generally fair right now, although, obviously, mistakes are made -- as they are in any system regulated and run by humans, applied for by humans etc..

I just think that it is unfortunate that the tone of the article becomes 'look how simple it is for these frauds to get PR" and not "Wow - I decided to be a sponsor and was defrauded, and this situation is really terrible". That first statement affects ALL of us in process applying to bring our spouses and loved ones back to Canada -- it casts doubt on EVERYONE's application and the entire process itself - the other is a more personal story, interesting, sure, but doesn't attempt to paint immigrants as frauds or sponsors as stupid people who got conned.
Minna, I know for sure that in the UK the wait period is 3 - 4 months regardless of Wgichever country. That is what i call no bais.......lol

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
kwabena kwabena said:
Minna, I know for sure that in the UK the wait period is 3 - 4 months regardless of Wgichever country. That is what i call no bais.......lol
Ohhhh I don't know if I agree with that statement. I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband whose living/PR in Sweden via the London office. He is of an Iraqi nationality (so is my background) and let me tell you, working with London has not been very fast. Our relationship is genuine, known, tons of family at engagement and wedding, photos, visits, trips, etc...and still want an interview. I bet my life that if he was a Swedish citizen, his PR would have taken no longer than 3-4 months. Right now, we've been pending an interview since February - it's finally been scheduled for SIX months after starting process @ the VO.
Not a single person from a non-European country going through London had their application finalized within standard processing times.
Oh well, I continue to pray and hope for the best. I miss my husband so much and wish CIC could just lift their fingers off the pause button on our lives already.
Good luck everyone and I wish you all speedy visas!!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
nncs said:
Ohhhh I don't know if I agree with that statement. I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband whose living/PR in Sweden via the London office. He is of an Iraqi nationality (so is my background) and let me tell you, working with London has not been very fast. Our relationship is genuine, known, tons of family at engagement and wedding, photos, visits, trips, etc...and still want an interview. I bet my life that if he was a Swedish citizen, his PR would have taken no longer than 3-4 months. Right now, we've been pending an interview since February - it's finally been scheduled for SIX months after starting process @ the VO.
Not a single person from a non-European country going through London had their application finalized within standard processing times.
Oh well, I continue to pray and hope for the best. I miss my husband so much and wish CIC could just lift their fingers off the pause button on our lives already.
Good luck everyone and I wish you all speedy visas!!
nncs, I agree with you 100%! My husband had been on a student visa in London for 6 years. That's where we met and dated. An immigration consultant here in Canada told me that he must do everything he can to stay in London so we can process through that office, not Accra. He said he would be here in 6 months if we went through London. Imagine our sadness and disappointment when we found out his school lost it's license for foreign students and his student visa would not be renewed. We were certain he was heading home to Nigeria and looking at a 2 year sponsorship process.

Fast forward 6 months, and look at our timeline! We know that there will be no racial or cultural bias towards him in Accra as there would have been in London. We are so thankful that he had to leave. He will likely be in canada before London would have even scheduled an interview.

I think that office is terrible, and treats British born citizens first class, all other Europeans a close second, and for those from Asia, Africa and the Middle East, like they are scum of the earth.

I am SO sorry you have to go through this lengthy wait. It's terrible.

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
You got me wrong Mns, I meant immigration to UK as spouse sponsorship is 3 -4 months wait period no matter what country you from, All I was trying to say is UK is fast on background checks for people coming in to settle in their country.

Trut me if you are from a country outside Europe, Australia, USofA, Then forget 3-4 or 6 months, CIC Canada will let you wait for 6 months, I always wonder but who knows.

Maybe the want to Europeans and the Americans more than, Africans, aRabs, Asians( Manila is quick) lol

I hope i am understood now.

Bob, Trust me you have a very good timeline and it will be well trust me.. I hope you are still compling your evidence and going through a few questions that will be asked of him. Good luck once again

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
kwabena kwabena said:
Bob, Trust me you have a very good timeline and it will be well trust me.. I hope you are still compling your evidence and going through a few questions that will be asked of him. Good luck once again
Thanks for the good thoughts! Since I have not been back to Nigeria since our wedding and since it's been a short time since applying, he is planning to bring no more than 10 double sided sheets of evidence, just phone bills and skype logs. We are going through the questions together and so far he can answer absolutely everything with confidence. We are keeping our fingers crossed that they have completed background checks and received medicals so they will be able to issue the visa that day!

cyanmaple

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-may-2010
AOR Received.
6-july-2010
File Transfer...
16-june-2010
Med's Done....
april 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-july-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-july-2010
bobshynoswife said:
nncs, I agree with you 100%! My husband had been on a student visa in London for 6 years. That's where we met and dated. An immigration consultant here in Canada told me that he must do everything he can to stay in London so we can process through that office, not Accra. He said he would be here in 6 months if we went through London. Imagine our sadness and disappointment when we found out his school lost it's license for foreign students and his student visa would not be renewed. We were certain he was heading home to Nigeria and looking at a 2 year sponsorship process.

Fast forward 6 months, and look at our timeline! We know that there will be no racial or cultural bias towards him in Accra as there would have been in London. We are so thankful that he had to leave. He will likely be in canada before London would have even scheduled an interview.

I think that office is terrible, and treats British born citizens first class, all other Europeans a close second, and for those from Asia, Africa and the Middle East, like they are scum of the earth.

I am SO sorry you have to go through this lengthy wait. It's terrible.
you are going a bit too far now

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
cyanmaple said:
you are going a bit too far now
I don't think so. Explain to me how a West African can take 18 months to process through London (8 months longer than their usual processing time) yet only 3 months to process in Malaysia? They are both getting background checks from West Africa, so the times should be similar.

Explain why British very often have no interview, Europeans are scheduled to interview in a few months, and Africans and Asians can wait up to a year for their interview at the London High Commission?

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you peoples calling Canadain Immigration a racist organization? think again. Canada is most multicultured countri in world. everyone from the east to west north to south u can find in canada only because of our open mindedness.

if they are interviewing an iraqi boy then they have strong reasons for that. noone should be offended. i know many americans who are WHITE americans like white white americans who marry canadians and have to go through interview process. so dont bring in race.altough it makes sense for sure.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
joecreosta said:
are you peoples calling Canadain Immigration a racist organization? think again. Canada is most multicultured countri in world. everyone from the east to west north to south u can find in canada only because of our open mindedness.

if they are interviewing an iraqi boy then they have strong reasons for that. noone should be offended. i know many americans who are WHITE americans like white white americans who marry canadians and have to go through interview process. so dont bring in race.altough it makes sense for sure.
Remember that all of these decisions are made by INDIVIDUALS. Not by CIC as a whole. They refuse applications for any reason, the easiest of which is Marriage of Convenience, for which the IO can make the determination on practically nothing. You don't think there's racism? Why do interviewees in Accra get yelled at and repeatedly asked why on earth they would marry a white woman? Oh, they say it's a mark of a MOC because it's 'not in their culture'. Bull Sh*t. It's racism. It happens. EVERYWHERE. I had no idea the extent that racism existed in Canada until I married interracially. The 'rules' may be fair and un-biased, but you can't tell me that the IOs always are.

EaSt CoAsT GiRl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
30-07-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
I agree 100% with your response bobshynoswife....well said.