Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
tess26 said:
hello there!

we coudn't get married because my religion wouldn't allow me to get married if he did not convert to my religion and to get converted, he needs 6 months to do it but unfortunately he can't because of time constraint. his job only allow him to have a break for 4 weeks per year so it's so hard. I am christian but not catholic.
You must be from that Iglesia church? Still, there's nothing stopping you from having a civil ceremony is there?

tess26

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
01-12-12
IELTS Request
N/A but still taking it now
File Transfer...
27-08-12
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-03-12
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Steph C said:
You must be from that Iglesia church? Still, there's nothing stopping you from having a civil ceremony is there?

civil wedding is not accepted in our church. Other member do there civil wedding but they are no longer in our church. I'm sorry but my faith is very strong.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
tess26 said:
civil wedding is not accepted in our church. Other member do there civil wedding but they are no longer in our church. I'm sorry but my faith is very strong.
Can't you be expelled for even dating somebody who isn't a member?

tess26

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
01-12-12
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-08-12
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-03-12
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Steph C said:
Can't you be expelled for even dating somebody who isn't a member?
no, unless you try to convert him. in my case i tried to convert him but as what i've said, there is a time constraint problem. wedding ceremony done other than my church is totally a big sin than dating (while trying to be converted).

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
tess26 said:
no, unless you try to convert him. in my case i tried to convert him but as what i've said, there is a time constraint problem. wedding ceremony done other than my church is totally a big sin than dating (while trying to be converted).
Does he want to convert? I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are plenty of groups of people practicing your religion in Canada. You can find groups and regular worship services in most larger cities.

tess26

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
01-12-12
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-08-12
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-03-12
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Steph C said:
Does he want to convert? I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are plenty of groups of people practicing your religion in Canada. You can find groups and regular worship services in most larger cities.
yes he wants to be converted. He found one after we submitted our application. It's 1 hour drive from his house. anyways Steph C, thank you for being an open minded person.

the embassy requested my original passport and other documents and we don't know what will be the outcome.
once again thank you!

zadel

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2013
AOR Received.
25-09-2013
File Transfer...
27-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-7-2014
emrn said:
I just got a letter today from the Canadian Embassy in our country.

I just got a letter from the Canadian embassy, this is what it says:

Based on the information provided in your application, I am not satisfied that you have established that you and your sponsor are conjugal partners. A conjugal relationship is defined in the immigration policy manuals as a "marriage-like" relationship.

Specifically, it does not appear that the characteristics of a married or common-law relationship, such as (but not limited to) joing financial arrangements, joint property holdings, and evidence that the relationship is long term and physically, emotionally, financially and socially interdependent.

However before a final decision is made regarding your application this letter is being sent to you to provide you an opportunity to respond to this concern by way of written submissions. Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy a visa officer that you must meet the requirements of the Immigration and refugee protection act and regulations.

Any additional information you would like the officer to consider must be received by our office within 45 days of the date of this letter.

We submitted a letter from the bank that me and my partner have a joint account,proof that he is extension of my cc, certificate that I am a beneficiary to his insurance, itinerary of our trips together, western union receipts, letters from our family, pictures of us with our families, copy of tickets that he has been visiting me. Chat, skype logs, magic jack call logs, his phone bills, our text messages we took pictures direct from our iphones.

I don't know how else to prove it. Please help me. Is this even considered the interview? Or is this better than an interview?
[size=10pt][/size]

sis help me out....i have received the same letter yesterday..pls pm me wen u have the time..thanks hope to hear from u soon.