Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
I just got a letter today from the Canadian Embassy in our country.

I just got a letter from the Canadian embassy, this is what it says:

Based on the information provided in your application, I am not satisfied that you have established that you and your sponsor are conjugal partners. A conjugal relationship is defined in the immigration policy manuals as a "marriage-like" relationship.

Specifically, it does not appear that the characteristics of a married or common-law relationship, such as (but not limited to) joing financial arrangements, joint property holdings, and evidence that the relationship is long term and physically, emotionally, financially and socially interdependent.

However before a final decision is made regarding your application this letter is being sent to you to provide you an opportunity to respond to this concern by way of written submissions. Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy a visa officer that you must meet the requirements of the Immigration and refugee protection act and regulations.

Any additional information you would like the officer to consider must be received by our office within 45 days of the date of this letter.

We submitted a letter from the bank that me and my partner have a joint account,proof that he is extension of my cc, certificate that I am a beneficiary to his insurance, itinerary of our trips together, western union receipts, letters from our family, pictures of us with our families, copy of tickets that he has been visiting me. Chat, skype logs, magic jack call logs, his phone bills, our text messages we took pictures direct from our iphones.

I don't know how else to prove it. Please help me. Is this even considered the interview? Or is this better than an interview?
[size=10pt][/size]

heartbreakid

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2013 returned resent june 6, 2013
AOR Received.
july 21, 2013
Med's Done....
march 25, 2013
i can relate on your feelings, hope somebody could help you on this, thanks for sharing the letter, to add you in my prayers, good luck

VINTA

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN TOGETHER? TELL MORE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION . ARE YOU SAME SEX? DID YOU HIRE A LAWYER TO ASSIST YOU FROM THE START?

VINTA

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:

Based on the information provided in your application, I am not satisfied that you have established that you and your sponsor are conjugal partners. A conjugal relationship is defined in the immigration policy manuals as a "marriage-like" relationship.

Specifically, it does not appear that the characteristics of a married or common-law relationship, such as (but not limited to) joing financial arrangements, joint property holdings, and evidence that the relationship is long term and physically, emotionally, financially and socially interdependent.

However before a final decision is made regarding your application this letter is being sent to you to provide you an opportunity to respond to this concern by way of written submissions. Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy a visa officer that you must meet the requirements of the Immigration and refugee protection act and regulations.

Any additional information you would like the officer to consider must be received by our office within 45 days of the date of this letter.

We submitted a letter from the bank that me and my partner have a joint account,proof that he is extension of my cc, certificate that I am a beneficiary to his insurance, itinerary of our trips together, western union receipts, letters from our family, pictures of us with our families, copy of tickets that he has been visiting me. Chat, skype logs, magic jack call logs, his phone bills, our text messages we took pictures direct from our iphones.

I don't know how else to prove it. Please help me. Is this even considered the interview? Or is this better than an interview?
[size=10pt][/size]

TELL ME WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE PROVIDED AND HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN TOGETHER, DOES YOUR SPONSOR VISITED YOU IN YOUR COUNTRY OR HAVE YOU EVEN TRY TO GET A TRV? JUST TO PROVE THAT YOU REALLY WANTED TO STAY WITH HIM.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
:'( :'( :'( :'( omg... that's so terrible :'( May I ask how long you've been together?

emrn said:

[size=10pt][/size]

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
VINTA said:
ARE YOU SAME SEX?
Nope were not same sex. Were M-F, I think they favor same sex more than M-F. I am from the Philippines, I am still legally married here because we don't have divorce here. He tried sponsoring me for TRV and we got denied twice. We can't live here in my country because we can be charged with adultery. We've been together for more than 2 years now. The proofs that we sent are there in what I said earlier. Almost everything that we can send we already sent it. It's just so unfair, that we are not being given a chance to be together just because we are M-F.

We love each other so much, I don't think there is much issue in age gap because I am 4 1/2 years older than him. He visited my country twice one for 3 weeks and the other for 5 weeks.Right now he is the one supporting me he is supporting two household him in Canada and me here in the Philippines. We talk everyday, I wake him up to go to work, we talk on his way to work, then when he arrives at work we skype whenever he's not busy or during his breaks, I have a magic-jack so we call each other a lot. When he comes home we skype and his laptop stays, my laptop is on 24/7. Him visiting my country would really be difficult financially and emotionally. I don't think we can take it anymore having to be together and saying goodbye once again. It took him almost 3 months to recover the last time he was here. He is working 2 jobs to support us. We know that what we have is genuine it just hurts a lot. There was also a conjugal partnership app same sex m-m in my country also in this forum they got approved in less than 6 months. Does this mean they favor same-sex more than m-f. We thought that this would be the best route for us we were even happy that we can be given a chance to be together even in our situation because they have a category such as "conjugal partnership". We believed that the immigration people would be objective and fair but I guess we were wrong. I guess they would just risk one of their citizens being charged with adultery in my country and might get in prison cus of it too. I just thought "family reunification" was their goal I guess it was just something they say and not do. They make it difficult for families to be together. Yes I know there are a lot of cases for marriage of convenience that they have to be careful. But if a same sex relationship in the conjugal partnership can be approved, why do they make it more difficult with M-f. Don't we get the right to be together too? We don't like the situation were in and if we ever had any choice we would've gotten married and applied normally.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Oh gosh, you're exactly like us. We wake each other for work too. Denied for TRV twice. When I was there his ex charged us with Concubinage - the lawyer advised us that it's very hard to prove, they basically have to have intimate photos of you to prove that charge. I think the biggest challenge you have is that you've only been together in person for 8 weeks. I believe with the right lawyer Annulment could be quick and painless.. I have heard success stories about it but we ourselves have not had success with that. Good luck!

VINTA

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:
Nope were not same sex. Were M-F, I think they favor same sex more than M-F. I am from the Philippines, I am still legally married here because we don't have divorce here. He tried sponsoring me for TRV and we got denied twice. We can't live here in my country because we can be charged with adultery. We've been together for more than 2 years now. The proofs that we sent are there in what I said earlier. Almost everything that we can send we already sent it. It's just so unfair, that we are not being given a chance to be together just because we are M-F.

We love each other so much, I don't think there is much issue in age gap because I am 4 1/2 years older than him. He visited my country twice one for 3 weeks and the other for 5 weeks.Right now he is the one supporting me he is supporting two household him in Canada and me here in the Philippines. We talk everyday, I wake him up to go to work, we talk on his way to work, then when he arrives at work we skype whenever he's not busy or during his breaks, I have a magic-jack so we call each other a lot. When he comes home we skype and his laptop stays, my laptop is on 24/7. Him visiting my country would really be difficult financially and emotionally. I don't think we can take it anymore having to be together and saying goodbye once again. It took him almost 3 months to recover the last time he was here. He is working 2 jobs to support us. We know that what we have is genuine it just hurts a lot. There was also a conjugal partnership app same sex m-m in my country also in this forum they got approved in less than 6 months. Does this mean they favor same-sex more than m-f. We thought that this would be the best route for us we were even happy that we can be given a chance to be together even in our situation because they have a category such as "conjugal partnership". We believed that the immigration people would be objective and fair but I guess we were wrong. I guess they would just risk one of their citizens being charged with adultery in my country and might get in prison cus of it too. I just thought "family reunification" was their goal I guess it was just something they say and not do. They make it difficult for families to be together. Yes I know there are a lot of cases for marriage of convenience that they have to be careful. But if a same sex relationship in the conjugal partnership can be approved, why do they make it more difficult with M-f. Don't we get the right to be together too? We don't like the situation were in and if we ever had any choice we would've gotten married and applied normally.

I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL, BUT ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND, GOD HAS ALWAYS REASONS. NEVER QUESTION HIM.
YOU STILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE AN APPEAL,DONT LOSE HOPE .

QUESTIONS:
1. DID YOU HIRE A LAWYER TO HELP YOU TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION?
2. DID YOU HAVE ATLEAST 2 STATUTORY FORM?

BASE ON YOUR STORY , I AM 100 % SURE YOU WILL WIN THE APPEAL . I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL . I ALSO HAVE A PARTNER WHO'S LIVING IN MANILA, WE'RE SAME SEX(M2M) ABOUT TO FILE MY SPONSORSHIP NEXT MONTH , IM JUST WAITING FOR THE ADVISE OF OUR LAWYER.
AGAIN DONT LOSE HOPE. ONE DAY ,ALL YOUR DREAMS WILL BE GRANTED ,JUST KEEP PRAYING AND BELIEVING ON HIM.
'NEVER GIVE UP"

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
The lawyer we spoke with informed us that 1% of conjugal relationship sponsorship gets approval, it's just to "hard" to prove conjugal. I honestly don't believe it has to do with you being a m-f couple. the thing is your in a country where divorced is not legal, and immigration is supposed to take that into consideration. I know you listed alot of things in your original post are these things that you already sent in? how long has it been since you first sent off the application package is there anything else that you have that you didn't have then even more copies proving he is supporting you. what about a letter of intention to marry once you are able to obtain a divorce legally? have you atleast tried to legally separate? I would appeal it if I could if you have provided everything as shown below you met those requirements... GL!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp
You may apply as a conjugal partner if:

you have maintained a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for at least one year and you have been prevented from living together or marrying because of:
an immigration barrier
your marital status for example, you are married to someone else and living in a country where divorce is not possible or
your sexual orientation for example, you are in a same-sex relationship and same-sex marriage is not permitted where you live
you can provide evidence there was a reason you could not live together for example, you were refused long-term stays in each other's country

VINTA

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Creampop said:
The lawyer we spoke with informed us that 1% of conjugal relationship sponsorship gets approval, it's just to "hard" to prove conjugal. I honestly don't believe it has to do with you being a m-f couple. the thing is your in a country where divorced is not legal, and immigration is supposed to take that into consideration. I know you listed alot of things in your original post are these things that you already sent in? how long has it been since you first sent off the application package is there anything else that you have that you didn't have then even more copies proving he is supporting you. what about a letter of intention to marry once you are able to obtain a divorce legally? have you atleast tried to legally separate? I would appeal it if I could if you have provided everything as shown below you met those requirements... GL!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

ARE YOU ALSO FOR CONJUGAL SPONSOR?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:

[size=10pt][/size]

Request an interview. You need to have the opportunity to address the visa officer directly.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
rjessome said:
Request an interview. You need to have the opportunity to address the visa officer directly.
Ok can I do that? I didn't know I can do that they just asked me to submit like an explanation letter to convince them and more proofs that can help us. I don't have any problems with an interview. I f that would help us I would welcome an interview with open arms. I want so much to prove to them that we love each other so much and that our relationship is genuine. But I'm kinda scared I might be too emotional during the interview I might end up crying. I really love him so much everyday it breaks my heart not being with him. But I don't think they will take it against me but I will try my best to be calm and hold my tears.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Many of those things will not apply to a long-distance relationship, but some of them will apply, and others to the times you were living together.