VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
Thank you it really helped a lot. ;)

mcm240906

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
hi emern...sis were you able to submit the additional info that CEM was asking from you? Is there any update already? Ako, still waiting pa din...

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
mcm240906 said:
hi emern...sis were you able to submit the additional info that CEM was asking from you? Is there any update already? Ako, still waiting pa din...
Yeah I submitted 1.2 kilos of additional proofs last august 6 but they received it august 10 due to the weather. I haven't heard from them but I'm hoping that it will have a positive outcome. Ang hirap na ganito nghihintay tayo ng walang kasiguraduhan. God bless sa atin sis I know mahal tayo ni Lord and He will see us through this. Alam nya na mahal natin mga hubby natin.

VINTA

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:
Yeah I submitted 1.2 kilos of additional proofs last august 6 but they received it august 10 due to the weather. I haven't heard from them but I'm hoping that it will have a positive outcome. Ang hirap na ganito nghihintay tayo ng walang kasiguraduhan. God bless sa atin sis I know mahal tayo ni Lord and He will see us through this. Alam nya na mahal natin mga hubby natin.
HI , HOW ARE YOU? IM PRAYING FOR YOUR APPLICATION .
JUST A QUICK QUESTION, HOW OFTEN DOES YOUR PARTNER SENDS MONEY TO YOU? WAS HE SUPPORTING YOU 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO YOUR APPLICATION?

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
VINTA said:
HI , HOW ARE YOU? IM PRAYING FOR YOUR APPLICATION .
JUST A QUICK QUESTION, HOW OFTEN DOES YOUR PARTNER SENDS MONEY TO YOU? WAS HE SUPPORTING YOU 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO YOUR APPLICATION?
Thank you I need all the prayers I can get ;) My partner sends me money twice a month $800-$900. Our relationship started and got serious in July2010 and we filed Sept 2011. His support started October 2010, before that I was working and he asked me to quit.

VINTA

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:
Thank you I need all the prayers I can get ;) My partner sends me money twice a month $800-$900. Our relationship started and got serious in July2010 and we filed Sept 2011. His support started October 2010, before that I was working and he asked me to quit.
HI, DO YOU HAVE ANY UPDATES NOW?

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
VINTA said:
HI, DO YOU HAVE ANY UPDATES NOW?
No, nothing at all :'( :'( :'( I hope the Canadian Embassy in Manila will be fair to those people who dont have an annulment because not everyone is lucky to be granted one. I hope that they will not use that ground as an excuse to stop two people who have a very loving and genuine relationship from being together.

VINTA

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:
Nope were not same sex. Were M-F, I think they favor same sex more than M-F. I am from the Philippines, I am still legally married here because we don't have divorce here. He tried sponsoring me for TRV and we got denied twice. We can't live here in my country because we can be charged with adultery. We've been together for more than 2 years now. The proofs that we sent are there in what I said earlier. Almost everything that we can send we already sent it. It's just so unfair, that we are not being given a chance to be together just because we are M-F.

We love each other so much, I don't think there is much issue in age gap because I am 4 1/2 years older than him. He visited my country twice one for 3 weeks and the other for 5 weeks.Right now he is the one supporting me he is supporting two household him in Canada and me here in the Philippines. We talk everyday, I wake him up to go to work, we talk on his way to work, then when he arrives at work we skype whenever he's not busy or during his breaks, I have a magic-jack so we call each other a lot. When he comes home we skype and his laptop stays, my laptop is on 24/7. Him visiting my country would really be difficult financially and emotionally. I don't think we can take it anymore having to be together and saying goodbye once again. It took him almost 3 months to recover the last time he was here. He is working 2 jobs to support us. We know that what we have is genuine it just hurts a lot. There was also a conjugal partnership app same sex m-m in my country also in this forum they got approved in less than 6 months. Does this mean they favor same-sex more than m-f. We thought that this would be the best route for us we were even happy that we can be given a chance to be together even in our situation because they have a category such as "conjugal partnership". We believed that the immigration people would be objective and fair but I guess we were wrong. I guess they would just risk one of their citizens being charged with adultery in my country and might get in prison cus of it too. I just thought "family reunification" was their goal I guess it was just something they say and not do. They make it difficult for families to be together. Yes I know there are a lot of cases for marriage of convenience that they have to be careful. But if a same sex relationship in the conjugal partnership can be approved, why do they make it more difficult with M-f. Don't we get the right to be together too? We don't like the situation were in and if we ever had any choice we would've gotten married and applied normally.

HI , HOW ARE YOU? I JUST WANNA KNOW CAN YOU SEND ME THE NAME OF THE COUPLE WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS ROUTE ,AND IT TOOK THEM FOR ONLY 6 MONTHS? PLEASE? I JUST WANNA GET TIPS FROM THEM. THANK YOU AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
steaky said:
Can't you and your partner live in a third country (such as China) and live as a marriage-like relationship?
That doesn't make any sense. First of all, he's supporting her, so he has to work in Canada. And second of all, if they were going to do that they could just live in the Philippines. Our case is so similar (except we had lived together before with our jobs). I HAVE to stay in Canada to earn money so that we can both survive. The idea is a good thought, but going to China just to live together just seems silly to me. It would be expensive to get a long term visa for the Philippines: $75 every 21 days if you're not married, but China has its share of fees too. If that was me.. working in a highly specialized field that has no market in Asia - no way could we live there and stay afloat.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
steaky said:
OP already said they can't live in her country:
Oh yeah, I forgot that she said that. For me it's obvious since I know the rules of the country that the statement is a bit dramatic. We have faced the same trials and spoken to our lawyer in the Philippines about it. Although they can be charged with adultery it would be thrown out of court since you need proof - and necessary proof would be extremely intimate photos. It's nearly impossible to prove and therefore the threat is quite insignificant. Since there's no divorce in the Philippines, people separate and live with other people quite frequently.. it's quite commonplace. The key would be to live in a town far away from the ex, who would be the only one to press charges in the first place. It seems to be expected that an ex husband or wife would act psychotic :p even though they have moved on with their life as well.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
Steph C said:
Oh yeah, I forgot that she said that. For me it's obvious since I know the rules of the country that the statement is a bit dramatic. We have faced the same trials and spoken to our lawyer in the Philippines about it. Although they can be charged with adultery it would be thrown out of court since you need proof - and necessary proof would be extremely intimate photos. It's nearly impossible to prove and therefore the threat is quite insignificant. Since there's no divorce in the Philippines, people separate and live with other people quite frequently.. it's quite commonplace. The key would be to live in a town far away from the ex, who would be the only one to press charges in the first place. It seems to be expected that an ex husband or wife would act psychotic :p even though they have moved on with their life as well.
Our case is different adultery in a woman is very easy to prove unlike if it's concubinage with a man. I am also aware of our law here I have a lawyer that warned me about it that my nursing license would even be suspended or worse revoked. You are lucky that your partner is a man in the Philippines and it takes a lot for concubinage to be proven here. They have different rules with man and women. A woman who is seen with another man that they are intimate even when u move to a different town they can sue uand can be thrown in jail. My ex's family is rich and influential in their province and believe me it wont be hard for them to twist everything and have the law on their side. I'm not being dramatic I am just stating facts, you can even try reading livelife's posts too we are on the same both a woman married here in the Philippines that if ever we are seen or living with our partners we can be sued thrown to jail and in today's technology anyone can just take a picture of you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the OP's ex are rich and influential in their province, they might be able to track them down in every corner of the country if the OP tries to hid in a town far away from the ex. So, OP and her partner have the option to live in a third country (such as China) and live as a marriage-like relationship?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
emrn said:
Our case is different adultery in a woman is very easy to prove unlike if it's concubinage with a man. I am also aware of our law here I have a lawyer that warned me about it that my nursing license would even be suspended or worse revoked. You are lucky that your partner is a man in the Philippines and it takes a lot for concubinage to be proven here. They have different rules with man and women. A woman who is seen with another man that they are intimate even when u move to a different town they can sue uand can be thrown in jail. My ex's family is rich and influential in their province and believe me it wont be hard for them to twist everything and have the law on their side. I'm not being dramatic I am just stating facts, you can even try reading livelife's posts too we are on the same both a woman married here in the Philippines that if ever we are seen or living with our partners we can be sued thrown to jail and in today's technology anyone can just take a picture of you.
I didn't know the law is different for a man and a woman. It sucks that your ex is powerful enough to make your life difficult wherever you go. Too bad he doesn't want to get an annulment!

mcm240906

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Hi sis emern... Tama we just need to keep on praying...emotionally depressed tayo but we know that nothing is impossible with HIM, for sure He has His purpose kung bakit tayo pinaghihintay ng ganito kataggal...balitaan mo na lang din ako if may update na sa iyo...naka one month na din ako sa paghihintay ng update from CEM...sana etong September may magandang result na tayong makuha...

E

Erina

emrn said:
I just got a letter today from the Canadian Embassy in our country.

I just got a letter from the Canadian embassy, this is what it says:

Based on the information provided in your application, I am not satisfied that you have established that you and your sponsor are conjugal partners. A conjugal relationship is defined in the immigration policy manuals as a "marriage-like" relationship.

Specifically, it does not appear that the characteristics of a married or common-law relationship, such as (but not limited to) joing financial arrangements, joint property holdings, and evidence that the relationship is long term and physically, emotionally, financially and socially interdependent.

However before a final decision is made regarding your application this letter is being sent to you to provide you an opportunity to respond to this concern by way of written submissions. Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy a visa officer that you must meet the requirements of the Immigration and refugee protection act and regulations.

Any additional information you would like the officer to consider must be received by our office within 45 days of the date of this letter.

We submitted a letter from the bank that me and my partner have a joint account,proof that he is extension of my cc, certificate that I am a beneficiary to his insurance, itinerary of our trips together, western union receipts, letters from our family, pictures of us with our families, copy of tickets that he has been visiting me. Chat, skype logs, magic jack call logs, his phone bills, our text messages we took pictures direct from our iphones.

I don't know how else to prove it. Please help me. Is this even considered the interview? Or is this better than an interview?
[size=10pt][/size]

Hey, I've been reading your posts. I'm very curious to know if there has been any update on your case based on new documents you've submitted.