+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Fraud/of Convenience...now what?

prairiegurl

Jun 14, 2018
Sorry to say but if you were married for 6 years, there is probably a slim to none chance they will pursue this as a marriage of convenience.
Like I said the agent said because for 5yrs we weren't even together, hadn't even visited. IN APEALS , not living as a married couple.
And if you did read any other thread, then youd know they do this to people who have been married even longer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Like I said the agent said because for 5yrs we weren't even together, hadn't even visited. IN APEALS , not living as a married couple.
And if you did read any other thread, then youd know they do this to people who have been married even longer.
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Unless you called before he landed and withdrew your sponsorship for him they would not stop him when he landed. Many spouses have lived separately for over 5 years and it is not a problem. If you wanted to stop the sponsorship why did you go along with the appeal process and convince CIC that this wasn't marriage fraud? It becomes much harder after you land to take away PR especially after you spent all that time in appeals convincing CIC that it was a genuine marriage? Hopefully it will work out for you but it will be a difficult. Hopefully he also doesn't claim welfare.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The agent said they would stop him at the border and he would have top give it up willing, that he would charged. I never said forced!
I'm sorry but this just can't be correct. This would violate his rights as a Permanent Resident to due process.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
The agent said they would stop him at the border and he would have top give it up willing, that he would charged. I never said forced!
It doesn't work this way. Whoever you were talking to obviously doesn't really understand the PR process or what it takes to revoke someone's PR. Or you misinterpreted what was said.

Please let me see the thread where someone had their PR revoked after being married for 6 years. I have personally never seen a case like this before.

prairiegurl

Jun 14, 2018
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Unless you called before he landed and withdrew your sponsorship for him they would not stop him when he landed. Many spouses have lived separately for over 5 years and it is not a problem. If you wanted to stop the sponsorship why did you go along with the appeal process and convince CIC that this wasn't marriage fraud? It becomes much harder after you land to take away PR especially after you spent all that time in appeals convincing CIC that it was a genuine marriage? Hopefully it will work out for you but it will be a difficult. Hopefully he also doesn't claim welfare.
I didn't want to stop the sponsorship, I called to update them on the situation. That we were separated etc. The agent continued andthen like I said he said it sounded like a marriage of convenience/fraud especially since he failed the interview. I believed it was a real marriage until he got here and I've read many many stories of the same situation under Spousal Sponsorship. Where the so-called husband takes off. I read one story where she was married to him for 8 yrs and stuck in appeals too then he took off with8n the week.
Ya I heard some horror stories about the welfare thing.