+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage certificate for parents

smita2491

Oct 25, 2018
Hi !

I want to apply for multiple entry visa for my parents. They want to visit my sister in Canada who is already permanent resident. My parents do not have their marriage certificate. So, can they make marriage affidavit ? And can you please provide me the format for affidavit?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Smita Singh

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want to apply for multiple entry visa for my parents. They want to visit my sister in Canada who is already permanent resident. My parents do not have their marriage certificate. So, can they make marriage affidavit ? And can you please provide me the format for affidavit?
They can include your sister's birth certificate which states their names as the parents + copies of their passports which states each other as spouse

smita2491

Oct 25, 2018
They can include your sister's birth certificate which states their names as the parents + copies of their passports which states each other as spouse
Is this procedure available for online process or do I have to go to visa application centre and submit the form ?

smita2491

Oct 25, 2018
I asked this question because when we are submitting online then it is showing marriage certificate is required.. so there can we submit marriage affidavit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I asked this question because when we are submitting online then it is showing marriage certificate is required.. so there can we submit marriage affidavit?
An affidavit will not confirm a marriage. Again, you can submit the documents that I have suggested (combine as a single PDF and upload to that section)