+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage certificate for parents super/visitor visa

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

My father finally got his visa stamped and also received his passport back on last monday, and them i immediately applied for my mothers super visa. Hope things go well with her too

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi Bryanna and friends ,

I applied online for my mother super visa 97 days ago, but don't have any decision on it yet. Where do we contact to know what is actually going on. Please help. One another relative of mine applied through an agent on 18 September and already has his visa (got it in almost a month time)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna and friends ,

I applied online for my mother super visa 97 days ago, but don't have any decision on it yet. Where do we contact to know what is actually going on. Please help. One another relative of mine applied through an agent on 18 September and already has his visa (got it in almost a month time)
Hi,

You'll need to send a CSE to the relevant visa office and request for an expedited decision

Cheers

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
How do I know which visa office I need to select. Chandigarh or Delhi. What reason to give for expedited processing. Any proof also needed?
Dear Bryanna and Kawal,

I had been through your past communication and I am also planning to apply super visa for my parents. Could you please provide me what are the documents required to submit for super visa. or any related links please. Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Kalpan

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Thanks Bryanna,

I have started filling my applications and I got few questions, could you clarify, if you have some time.

1) I decided to apply for visitor visa instead Super visa, still I have to follow LICO(Low income cut off), if not Can I show my full time Job offer in that case, because we are 5 and with parents will be 7 that is why.

2) In the TRV application form, CIC asking marriage date(which is a mandatory field) and I dont know my parents marriage dates, What should I write?

3) You told in your initial posts, the marriage certificate is not necessary if the spouse name are mentioned on both of the passports and I have my birth certificate where my parents names are mentioned. Is that sufficient.

4) Proof of Mean of financial support, do I have to show my statements or my father side, as father retired recently, I can show her pension depositing in his bank account

5) Purpose of Travel( what document should I include), if you have any sample, please provide me

6) Proof of relationship, can I show my birth certificate?

7) In place of marriage certificate column, Can I upload both my parents passports together and will provide the explanation in the invitation letter, Is that sufficient.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kalpan

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1) I decided to apply for visitor visa instead Super visa, still I have to follow LICO(Low income cut off), if not Can I show my full time Job offer in that case, because we are 5 and with parents will be 7 that is why.
No, LICO does not apply to TRV applications. That said. it would help if you submit your NOA + bank statement.

2) In the TRV application form, CIC asking marriage date(which is a mandatory field) and I dont know my parents marriage dates, What should I write?
You must put an '*' i.e. asterisk sign for each unknown date field.

3) You told in your initial posts, the marriage certificate is not necessary if the spouse name are mentioned on both of the passports and I have my birth certificate where my parents names are mentioned. Is that sufficient.
Yes, your birth certificate would help to establish your relationship to your parents.

4) Proof of Mean of financial support, do I have to show my statements or my father side, as father retired recently, I can show her pension depositing in his bank account
As your parents are applying for TRVs, they must be able to prove adequate finances (their bank statements + financial investments + pension + rental income, etc)

5) Purpose of Travel( what document should I include), if you have any sample, please provide me
You can prepare a day-by-day itinerary of what their intended plans will be. Do include sightseeing, activities, meeting your friends/relatives, etc. They don't have to be out-and-about every day.

6) Proof of relationship, can I show my birth certificate?
Yes

7) In place of marriage certificate column, Can I upload both my parents passports together and will provide the explanation in the invitation letter, Is that sufficient.
Yes. And, you can mention that back then it was not necessary to formally register a marriage

Do focus on demonstrating your parents strong ties to their home country: Property/land + dependent relatives + good financial situation, etc

Cheers

Reactions: kalpan

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi,

No, LICO does not apply to TRV applications. That said. it would help if you submit your NOA + bank statement.

You must put an '*' i.e. asterisk sign for each unknown date field.

Yes, your birth certificate would help to establish your relationship to your parents.

As your parents are applying for TRVs, they must be able to prove adequate finances (their bank statements + financial investments + pension + rental income, etc)

You can prepare a day-by-day itinerary of what their intended plans will be. Do include sightseeing, activities, meeting your friends/relatives, etc. They don't have to be out-and-about every day.

Yes

Yes. And, you can mention that back then it was not necessary to formally register a marriage

Do focus on demonstrating your parents strong ties to their home country: Property/land + dependent relatives + good financial situation, etc

Cheers

Thanks Bryanna for your valuable inputs. Yes, I would definitely collect and show as many documents for strong demonstration. What about my mom, she is only house wife since married and illiterate too and her passport says "EMIGRATION CHECK REQUIRED". Does it effects her status?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna for your valuable inputs. Yes, I would definitely collect and show as many documents for strong demonstration. What about my mom, she is only house wife since married and illiterate too and her passport says "EMIGRATION CHECK REQUIRED". Does it effects her status?
You're welcome :)

Your dad must have funds to pay for his + your mom's visit (although you will take care of their accommodation, etc).

No 'Emigration Check Required' i.e ECR does affect her status/her TRV application. ECR matters only for young women who are traveling abroad especially to GCC countries for employment

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
You're welcome :)

Your dad must have funds to pay for his + your mom's visit (although you will take care of their accommodation, etc).

No 'Emigration Check Required' i.e ECR does affect her status/her TRV application. ECR matters only for young women who are traveling abroad especially to GCC countries for employment
Relieved Now.

Mrs. Malek

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
03-06-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
28-07-2013
Interview........
20-05-2014... Failed
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-11-2015
Hi Bryanna,

My father finally got his visa stamped and also received his passport back on last monday, and them i immediately applied for my mothers super visa. Hope things go well with her too
Hi Kawal,
Did you submitted without marriage certificate? How long it took? why you filed separately?
Thank you in advance

smita2491

Oct 25, 2018
Hi !

I want to apply for multiple entry visa for my parents. They want to visit my sister in Canada who is already permanent resident. My parents do not have their marriage certificate. So, can they make marriage affidavit ? And can you please provide me the format for affidavit?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Smita Singh