+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage certificate for parents super/visitor visa

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
I read that when applying online, no signatures are required in the application form, as it is validated by barcode. What about the faily information form. Are no signature required on Family information form too when applying online. I did not read any reference about it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
From your last reply I assume you replied Yes for filling ****/**/** in DOB of unknows.
Yes, again

Another question- What should be the filled in the marital status column of a person who is already dead, in the family info form. I already filled in Deceased in the current occupation column.
3 options -
1-leave blank
2- Deceased (at present)
3- Married/widowed at time of death.
Married/widowed at the time of death(???)

Also, In my mother's Application form, should she fill in the 2 names that are there on her other documents in the question - Have you used any other name (Nickname, maiden name, alias etc)?
Kour + Kaur + Kukkal + any nickname

But hey, are you applying for both parents simultaneously?

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi Bryanna,
thx again
Marital status column of deceased person - From third option i meant to provide their marital status at the time they died. For example, 2 brothers of my father are already dead , but both of them were married at the time they died. But, in case of my grandmother, she was a widow when she died. I have already filled in Deceased in another columns or these family members. Now should i fill in Deceased in this column too ?

Next, no I am not apply for both parents simultaneously. I just had this thought in mind.

Next, I have one more query. I suggested my sister also to apply for her own visa too along with my daddy, since she and my bil are already showing up some money to sponsor daddy and I am too showing my financial documents and have the balance to show at this point of time. I will have lesser resources later when I buy a house, and thought it is a good time for her to apply too. She has now agreed, but I am doubtful as to whether I should put both applications together in one so that the financial documents and invitation and sponsorship letters are needed to be shown once, and only the 2 forms will need to be uploaded separately for both, or 2 completely separate applications should be made (wherein she can show some more financial documents of her own like PF, any FD etc which she had not planned to show for daddy sponsorship)

Next, hope you saw my 2nd query- I read that when applying online, no signatures are required in the application form, as it is validated by barcode. What about the faily information form. Are no signature required on Family information form too when applying online. I did not read any reference about it.

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Again, In case of application together, who should be the main applicant?. I see that in case of my sisters application, answer to the question -
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? is No, as real sister also is not categorized as family member in CIC terms, but she will be a strong financial contender herself instead as she is working. Whereas in case of my father, he can show that he has a family member in Canada, but is not strong financially.

Does my sister also need to provide a leave approval letter from her employer, though it is not mentioned in any document checklist
Another quick question, will it make a difference if my sister has a home loan going out of her salary bank account. Does she need to show any documentation for that too?

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
IRCC defines family as:
Family Member

An applicant's closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

But, they still have brother, and sister in the dropdown of family relative

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
IRCC defines family as:
Family Member

An applicant's closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

But, they still have brother, and sister in the dropdown of family relative

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

It seems that joint application is not possible as it can be only done for a family member, and family member is defined as given in my last post. So, family does not include parent, or daughter in IRCC terms.
And I can only file TRV separately for them .

Also, my father said that he still has the medical practitioner registration with him, and the income tax agent has shown some income for him while filing his ITR. So, I believe , he should mention that he is private medical practitioner and is not financially dependant on anybody. But my sister and bil can still provide their sponsorship letter to support him. This will make his case stronger.

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

Today got email that my father visa application is approved and he needs to submit passport .
Thanks for all ur help.

Now going on to get my mother super visa application submit. My question about it, should I put in the dates of her travel completely different and later than my father , in her application, and also explain that she would come to Canada once my father is back in India . In my fathers, I mentioned that my mother is going to stay in India and take care of my brothers daughter, while he is in Canada. Also, don't find a section in super visa application where she can show her property and financial docs.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

Today got email that my father visa application is approved and he needs to submit passport .
Thanks for all ur help.
Wow. That's something! Congrats :):)

Now going on to get my mother super visa application submit. My question about it, should I put in the dates of her travel completely different and later than my father , in her application, and also explain that she would come to Canada once my father is back in India . In my fathers, I mentioned that my mother is going to stay in India and take care of my brothers daughter, while he is in Canada. Also, don't find a section in super visa application where she can show her property and financial docs.
The dates of your mom's travel (return in specific) would be different from your dad as she is applying for a super visa.

I suggest you wait for some time before you apply for a super visa for your mom. Don't apply so soon

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Wow. That's something! Congrats :):)

The dates of your mom's travel (return in specific) would be different from your dad as she is applying for a super visa.

I suggest you wait for some time before you apply for a super visa for your mom. Don't apply so soon
I think I don't have much time left as I am going on mat leave starting September mid or October beginning and might fall short of LICO requirements. So wanted to have it all done and approved before that. For dad I gave travel dates for 6 weeks only .

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Is it a good idea to mention about the due baby as a reason for inviting mother on super visa? ( Also considering the fact that I will not be working for almost 1 year and will only receive EI which I hope should still fulfill LICO in combination with my husband income who is on part time) Any proof also needed? I have my mother in law also living with me, but my mother's presence will obviously help me more. Also, it will give her some sense of pleasure as well to spend time with the child.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is it a good idea to mention about the due baby as a reason for inviting mother on super visa?
A big no-no to that idea.

( Also considering the fact that I will not be working for almost 1 year and will only receive EI which I hope should still fulfill LICO in combination with my husband income who is on part time) Any proof also needed?
You must prove you already meet LICO presently and the past year(s). Don't predict your future income unless IRCC asks you.

I have my mother in law also living with me, but my mother's presence will obviously help me more. Also, it will give her some sense of pleasure as well to spend time with the child.
Is your mom-in-law on a super visa? If yes, your calculations for family size for LICO must include yourself + your husband + your mom + your mom-in-law + any other person for whom you have an active sponsorship

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Will active sponsorship also include anybody like my father who i have invited on visitor visa. My mom-in-law came on visitor visa, but then we recently got her visit extended as super visa, so she can stay here for 2 years till May 2019.

As of current, i safely fulfill LICO and can show using my salary slips only . Hope my husband's is not needed.
For past year , I can show mine and my husbands Notice of Assessment.

Hope I can attach my moms FD and property document along with her purpose of visit letter in which she would explain the ties that she has with her home country - sons daughter, my father, the FDs ? and the property in her name, as there is no item in online super visa application that requires her to upload her financial docs. However, in the question, how much money do you have for your visit in Canada in the form, she needs to fill some amount. Is there any minimum amount that she should show (including my bank balance) for 6 month visit? FYI..I am no more including my sisters financial docs in her application now.