+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate Alternative?

piyush_er

Aug 28, 2017
<this post is for one of my friends>

Hi,

My friend is in the US and has recently gotten married in India while his Ontario nomination process was in progress. He couldn't get his marriage certificate done in India and now after his nomination process is complete, he will get the ITA in next draw.

He doesn't have the marriage yet and it doesn't seem like he can get it until he makes a trip to India.

What is the solution here? What can be presented as an alternative?

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
<this post is for one of my friends>

Hi,

My friend is in the US and has recently gotten married in India while his Ontario nomination process was in progress. He couldn't get his marriage certificate done in India and now after his nomination process is complete, he will get the ITA in next draw.

He doesn't have the marriage yet and it doesn't seem like he can get it until he makes a trip to India.

What is the solution here? What can be presented as an alternative?
Marriage certificate is required as a proof of marriage. Contact the Indian Consulate in US and see if they can issue the certificate. They can also check to see if they can register their marriage in US. Else last option will be to go back to India and get the marriage registered.

Reactions: piyush_er