Tanzania
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
I just found out from the Job Bank that the Marketing Occupation NOC 0124 is regulated in Ontario, unlike in other parts of the country. Which means you have to be recognised by CIM to work as a marketer in Ontario. Has anyone been through this process or know how long it takes to be certified?

thanks,

PK

nehamehta

Dec 5, 2017
Hello All,
I am opening this thread in hope to make a communication platform for professionals who have background in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations etc... Those are moving to Canada or already in Canada with above mentioned background let's connect and try to help each other.

Thanks,
Chikoo
Hi

My husband and I have also received ppr and are in process of passport stamping. Hopefully we should land in Canada in 2-3 months from now. I’m from Delhi with 10 years of experience in marketing communications.
This thread is a great initiative to collaborate with members of similar professional experience. Do keep posting and updating about market trends on marketing jobs.

Thanks

nehamehta

Dec 5, 2017
I just found out from the Job Bank that the Marketing Occupation NOC 0124 is regulated in Ontario, unlike in other parts of the country. Which means you have to be recognised by CIM to work as a marketer in Ontario. Has anyone been through this process or know how long it takes to be certified?

thanks,

PK
Hi.. this is the same occupation number for my skill category. If you find some more info on this please share. I will also understand from few people I know in Canada about this recognition and update.

Jan 10, 2018
Hi,

Brand Strategist here, with 10yrs experience in Design, Advertising and Marketing. I also draw cartoons. I received my COPR about a month ago and considering making the big move this December. Looking at Vancouver, Ottawa and Toronto as potential new homes. I am excited for this next chapter and can't wait to see what happens.

I am currently taking the SOPA / MOSAIC Settlement course which is great and I recommend anyone that has their PPR to join.

All the best in your individual journeys, can't wait to hear how it all works out.

Stay positive, stay focused.

Hey I hope you don't mind me asking - what noc did you apply under?

AlieninVancouver

Apr 16, 2017
Rwanda
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Tanzania
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
Hi.. this is the same occupation number for my skill category. If you find some more info on this please share. I will also understand from few people I know in Canada about this recognition and update.
Hi, I contacted CIMMo_Org and it turns out that while the certification is a good to have, it is not a requirement for working as a marketing professional in Ontario.

Have you landed? looking to hear people's experiences so far.

-PK

Reactions: CthulhusCupcakes

Ramalingam

Mar 25, 2018
Hi, I am on the process of applying for Canadian PR. Am an MBA with 14 years of experience in Advertising & Brand Communication.
With Indian experience can i try for a job in Canada or do i have to get additional Canadian certification in my field?
Do recruiters accept foreign (Indian) experience?
Your reply could be most helpful..