thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
thecoolguysam said:
This is a very complicated situation. I am not sure what is going to happen however, you should have requested to add your spouse in your application after marriage in your home country and you should have got your updated documents (VISA, COPR) and your wife should have got her medicals/pcc/immigration paperwork done and then accordingly she would have got her VISA and COPR accordingly.

evertone is right you screw up be hard to bring her here unless she has fsw visa or student viša

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
I will get some legal advice and then proceed accordingly. Thanks everyone.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
sahilk said:
I will get some legal advice and then proceed accordingly. Thanks everyone.

I am sponsoring my husband inland spousal sponsorship our journey started december 15,2015 I got approved as sponsor on March 10,2017 our lawyer is good her name is arlete campion she's in toronto but she's good

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a exact similar situation now. Need some help in getting some information and help. Kindly provide your contact info. Please help.
If you landed using a COPR that said you were single when you were in fact married, there's nothing a lawyer can do to help you. You can never sponsor your spouse since you failed to declared them prior to landing.

spacecraft

Sep 30, 2017
Greetings,

Please advise: Same situation happened to me, but, before my landing my wife applied twice for a visitor visa (hopping to accompany me) and I worte her an invitation letter saying that I've an immigrant visa and she is my wife. I even enclosed a copy of my immigrant visa. (But, Her visa got refused)
When I found out that I should sponsor her in order to get her here in Canada, I applied for spouse sponsorship, however, IRCC replied that I'm ineligible because she is not a family member.
Didn't I tell IRCC THAT I've immigrant visa and I got married? Why didn't they consider this as declaration or even told me that I have to tell them in a different way!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Greetings,

Please advise: Same situation happened to me, but, before my landing my wife applied twice for a visitor visa (hopping to accompany me) and I worte her an invitation letter saying that I've an immigrant visa and she is my wife. I even enclosed a copy of my immigrant visa. (But, Her visa got refused)
When I found out that I should sponsor her in order to get her here in Canada, I applied for spouse sponsorship, however, IRCC replied that I'm ineligible because she is not a family member.
Didn't I tell IRCC THAT I've immigrant visa and I got married? Why didn't they consider this as declaration or even told me that I have to tell them in a different way!
1. Because she was not added to your application nor was she "examined" i.e. medically, criminally

spacecraft

Sep 30, 2017
Hi

1. Because she was not added to your application nor was she "examined" i.e. medically, criminally
Thanks PMM for replying. What should I do? Is there away to add or examine her?
The IRCC system (i.e. notes on her visitor visa) shows that she is married to an immigrant before landing. Will this help?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
The IRCC system (i.e. notes on her visitor visa) shows that she is married to an immigrant before landing. Will this help?
Not if you didn't declare her on your application before landing.

As part of your application, she needed to be declared. She could have been declared as non-accompanying, but she had to be examined as part of the application. When you landed, the CBSA officer went through your form, and confirmed your marital status with you. If the form said single and you said single, you can never sponsor her. If the form said single and you said married, the officer would have paused your landing in order to sort it out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's nothing you can do. You can never sponsor your wife for PR. You needed to return your PR visa once you were married and have your wife added to your PR application (including PCCs and medical examination). Since you failed to do this and officially add her to your application and instead landed as a single individual, your wife is not classified as a member of your family.

You really have two options at this point. You can officially give up your PR status, leave Canada, return home and apply for PR again from the start - this time including your wife in the application. Or your wife can apply for PR on her own (without your support) through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

You sponsoring her is not an option.

spacecraft

Sep 30, 2017
There's nothing you can do. You can never sponsor your wife for PR. You needed to return your PR visa once you were married and have your wife added to your PR application (including PCCs and medical examination). Since you failed to do this and officially add her to your application and instead landed as a single individual, your wife is not classified as a member of your family.

You really have two options at this point. You can officially give up your PR status, leave Canada, return home and apply for PR again from the start - this time including your wife in the application. Or your wife can apply for PR on her own (without your support) through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

You sponsoring her is not an option.
Thanks scylla and @ spousalsponsee for replying.
I got married after getting the PR visa, and before landing I did declare that she is my wife and submitted a copy of my immigrant visa online on CIC website to support her visitor visa. Additionally, even on landing I think I said that to the officer but she said the system is not updated or something like that.

So my point is: I didn't hide my marriage, however, I didn't know at that time what is the correct procedure.

1st Q: will this help? Can I appeal?

2nd Q: Why didn't cic stopped my PR visa and asked me to add my wife?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
I got married after getting the PR visa, and before landing I did declare that she is my wife and submitted a copy of my immigrant visa online on CIC website to support her visitor visa. Additionally, even on landing I think I said that to the officer but she said the system is not updated or something like that.

So my point is: I didn't hide my marriage, however, I didn't know at that time what is the correct procedure.

It won't help. You can't appeal. You didn't add her to your app, so you can't sponsor her.

Your letter that you got with your COPR explained the procedure. Trying to get her a visitor visa wouldn't have made a difference - you had to add her to your application. You should have returned your COPR, and explained that you needed it re-issued with the status of 'married', and had your wife examined, for medical and criminal admissibility.

From the letter which accompanies the COPR:
Your documents are valid only if all family members (spouse, common-law partner, dependent son or daughter) have been declared and examined. You must therefore inform us of any change in your marital status or in your family composition (marriage, common-law relationship, separation, divorce, birth of a child, adoption, death, etc.) BEFORE you leave for Canada. We will let you know what further procedures are required.
Presenting a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form (COPR) and a passport with a counterfoil, if required, which do not correspond to the reality of your situation could result in the refusal of your admission to Canada. Any current family member not examined now can never be sponsored by you in the future

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Again, you did not take the appropriate steps after getting married. The responsibility was on you to take the appropriate steps. The answer remains the same. You can never sponsor your wife. She either needs to qualify on her own - or you need to give up your PR status and apply again from scratch. Those are your only options.

When your PR visa was issued, the letter accompanying it specifically stated that you were required to notify CIC if your circumstances changed. Once you got married, you were obligated to RETURN your PR visa without using it to land to CIC. You, however, used your PR visa to land. Your PR visa stated you were single when you in fact were married. So you misrepresented yourself when landing and also permanently excluded your wife from being sponsored by you.

Telling CIC you were married through a visitor visa application was not the appropriate step to take.

There is nothing to appeal. CIC didn't make the mistake - unfortunately you did.

spacecraft

Sep 30, 2017
Again, you did not take the appropriate steps after getting married. The responsibility was on you to take the appropriate steps. The answer remains the same. You can never sponsor your wife. She either needs to qualify on her own - or you need to give up your PR status and apply again from scratch. Those are your only options.

When your PR visa was issued, the letter accompanying it specifically stated that you were required to notify CIC if your circumstances changed. Once you got married, you were obligated to RETURN your PR visa without using it to land to CIC. You, however, used your PR visa to land. Your PR visa stated you were single when you in fact were married. So you misrepresented yourself when landing and also permanently excluded your wife from being sponsored by you.

Telling CIC you were married through a visitor visa application was not the appropriate step to take.

There is nothing to appeal. CIC didn't make the mistake - unfortunately you did.
Thanks again for help.

Yes this is true the letter says that I have to inform CIC immediately before I become a PR in Canada, but it also says that then they will let me know what further procedures to be completed before I can use PR visa, AND it doesn't say that I have to return the CORP or PR visa.

Please advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks again for help.

Yes this is true the letter says that I have to inform CIC immediately before I become a PR in Canada, but it also says that then they will let me know what further procedures to be completed before I can use PR visa, AND it doesn't say that I have to return the CORP or PR visa.

Please advice
The letter says you have to inform CIC before using your COPR and then wait for further instructions. You didn't wait for further instructions and used your COPR to land. So it's too late. You can keep asking the same question over and over again as many times as you want. The answer isn't going to change.