+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital Status Single before landing

Ptushar0209

Oct 26, 2021
Hi Senior members,

Thanks for your guidance and advising me correct steps that helped dealing with my immigration situation.

I was able to get the approval recommendation from officer after my PFL response. But still waiting for PPR.
Please let me know if I should be doing anything else to expedite the process from this point. My total application duration now is 19 months.

Thank you in advance.

Paper Application sent: Jan 2021

AOR1: Feb 2021

Upfront Medical was provided: was valid until Jan 2022

Biometric request: July 2021

Sponsor Eligibility Approval: July 2021

File Transfer to NDVO

Biometric given & updated: Sep 2021

AOR2: Oct 2021 ( Line 2 on ecas changed to “started processing application “)

TRV applied & refused: Nov 2021

Medical Expired : Jan 2022

2nd attempt on TRV: April 2022(still in processing)

PFL issued based on 117(9)(d): May 2022

Remedical Request: May 2022

PFL response submitted: May 2022

Medical submitted and updated on portal: June 2022

PFL response accepted and Recommended Approval by officer as per GCMS notes received: June 2022

Background Check changed to completed: July 2022

Eligibility still shows in process

waiting for pre arrival/ PPR/ Any update from immigration

continues follow ups through MP line, biweekly raising webforms for status update/expedite, ordering GCMS each month. Doing each and everything that’s possible for me to do just to get out of this misery

Question: What happens next after officer recommended approval? From other timelines, Background & eligibility gets approved on same day followed by pre arrival and then PPR. My eligibility still shows in processing where background is completed. What’s coming next from your experience??

Any help understanding next possible steps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:

Ptushar0209

Oct 26, 2021
Hi Senior members,

Thanks for your guidance and advising me correct steps that helped dealing with my immigration situation.

I was able to get the approval recommendation from officer after my PFL response. But still waiting for PPR.
Please let me know if I should be doing anything else to expedite the process from this point. My total application duration now is 19 months.

Thank you in advance.

File Transfer to NDVO

PFL response accepted and Recommended Approval by officer as per GCMS notes received: June 2022

continues follow ups through MP line, biweekly raising webforms for status update/expedite, ordering GCMS each month. Doing each and everything that’s possible for me to do just to get out of this misery

Question: What happens next after officer recommended approval? From other timelines, Background & eligibility gets approved on same day followed by pre arrival and then PPR. My eligibility still shows in processing where background is completed. What’s coming next from your experience??

Thank you

@scylla @armoured @dpenabill

I apologize for tagging you. But I am just wondering if you can provide some direction. Just not sure what should be my next point from this point.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Senior members,

Thank you in advance.

File Transfer to NDVO

Thank you
I don't know the answer.

Reactions: armoured

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

. . .

@scylla @armoured @dpenabill

I apologize for tagging you. But I am just wondering if you can provide some direction. Just not sure what should be my next point from this point.
I do not follow applications for PR much these days.

This part of the forum is about PR Obligations; that is, matters related to those who are already Canadians, already a PR, rather than just in the process of obtaining PR status.

Sorry I cannot help.

Ptushar0209

Oct 26, 2021
I do not follow applications for PR much these days.

This part of the forum is about PR Obligations; that is, matters related to those who are already Canadians, already a PR, rather than just in the process of obtaining PR status.

Sorry I cannot help.
Thank you