None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
movinouter said:
Wow, yours has been over a month. I don't understand what causes this delay if they've made a decision..
One quick question if you don't mind, what kind of form is this PPR when it's coming? by email? or official mail? since as I said, I've sent a copy of my NEW passport to CIC last week to update my info and I kind of think that they might think this is a requested passport copy. lol
I've paid RPRF a long ago shortly after I did my medical check so I'm not too worried about a possibility of a bad result, should I?! lol
Anyways, have a great weekend all! and I'll keep posting whatever comes up.
The PPR comes by email. You can google it to see a sample of it.

erstrawberry

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
I called to CIC call center on Thursday 25 June. Agent was nice. She asked me where my file is i said it's in Sydney NS then she asked me UCI told me that if you have spouse and she is in India your waiting would be 20 months which is Delhi office time i told her i have applied in Canada and i am in the Canada now. she said it doesn't matter if your file in Sydney and if you have spouse in India 20 months is your time period. She also looked at my file and she said your side everything is fine but no recent update with my spouse file. My wife has done medical reassessment on 9th June and nothing after that. I was really shocked I never heard this kind of things before. Is anyone has same kind experience with call center. Thanks.

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
erstrawberry said:
I called to CIC call center on Thursday 25 June. Agent was nice. She asked me where my file is i said it's in Sydney NS then she asked me UCI told me that if you have spouse and she is in India your waiting would be 20 months which is Delhi office time i told her i have applied in Canada and i am in the Canada now. she said it doesn't matter if your file in Sydney and if you have spouse in India 20 months is your time period. She also looked at my file and she said your side everything is fine but no recent update with my spouse file. My wife has done medical reassessment on 9th June and nothing after that. I was really shocked I never heard this kind of things before. Is anyone has same kind experience with call center. Thanks.
Hey dont worry too much:p
Cic agents, know nothing, thats the experience you ll get every time
Believe me, sometimes, i tell them things...like in my case she said "we cannot say anything, until 16 months have been passed"
I said, "i am pnp"..she said, it doesnt matter..i said it matters, bcz cic website says "11 months"..and then she saw it
i asked about restoration, she said restoration starts from the day your wp expires:) hehe
in short, they love a bit clever agents to play with some of us...but some of them are, ahhhh, hehehehe

trunal89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
27-01-2015, 23-02-2015, 25-04-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
11-04-2014
IELTS Request
PROVIDED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
27-01-2015
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014, Reassessment done on 21st May, 2015
Interview........
WAITING...
Passport Req..
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada.
akhan13 said:
Hey dont worry too much:p
Cic agents, know nothing, thats the experience you ll get every time
Believe me, sometimes, i tell them things...like in my case she said "we cannot say anything, until 16 months have been passed"
I said, "i am pnp"..she said, it doesnt matter..i said it matters, bcz cic website says "11 months"..and then she saw it
i asked about restoration, she said restoration starts from the day your wp expires:) hehe
in short, they love a bit clever agents to play with some of us...but some of them are, ahhhh, hehehehe
Well you made me check the processing times.... Its 16 months not 11.

delgado77 said:
DM since May 13, no PPR for me either :(
Delgado77 I called CIC today. The agent was nice. I asked him that I've been in DM since 30th May, 4 weeks has passed and no PPR yet. Can you check if they've sent me any correspondence recently, he checked and said the last time they sent something was on feb. But he realized something more when I told him about my medical reassessment in May, and he went on checked further. He said they've sent me an email on 27th May(Which I never received, I check spam, inbox and cic is in my safe sender list). He said he'll contact Ottawa and ask them to resend me the letter. So you better check for yourself too. Its been a month I've probably been sent the PPR and I didn't get it.

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
trunal89 said:

Delgado77 I called CIC today. The agent was nice. I asked him that I've been in DM since 30th May, 4 weeks has passed and no PPR yet. Can you check if they've sent me any correspondence recently, he checked and said the last time they sent something was on feb. But he realized something more when I told him about my medical reassessment in May, and he went on checked further. He said they've sent me an email on 27th May(Which I never received, I check spam, inbox and cic is in my safe sender list). He said he'll contact Ottawa and ask them to resend me the letter. So you better check for yourself too. Its been a month I've probably been sent the PPR and I didn't get it.

Thank you so much trunal89 for this information. I did call and the agent was quite nice to me too, she did send a memo to the Ottawa office to know the reason behind my PPR delay. Hopefully Ottawa replies this week with PPR. Thank you once again for your concern. Fingers crossed...this week is our week buddy!

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
trunal89 said:

Wow, you saved yourself. Great job. So have you gotten PPR after?
Since mine has been over two weeks since June 13 and I haven't received anything yet. (no spam or no regular mail, nothing) so I'm getting kind of worried if I missed something.

Sk_march

Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio-Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
21-05-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
erstrawberry said:
Hi erstawberry and sumitsra I got decision made I just checked it now....

sumitsra

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-14
Doc's Request.
28-05-14
Nomination.....
05-02-14
AOR Received.
16-04-14
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
16-04-14
Med's Done....
24-04-14
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
already inside Canada
Sk_march said:
Hi erstawberry and sumitsra I got decision made I just checked it now....
Congrats SK I just feel good to see your DM. At least they are moving to March. I just check my still in process.
I hope mine will be change to DM by end of this week. Because you have same job category as mine.
Thanks for update buddy. Let us know whenever you will receive ppr too.

sumitsra

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-14
Doc's Request.
28-05-14
Nomination.....
05-02-14
AOR Received.
16-04-14
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
16-04-14
Med's Done....
24-04-14
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
already inside Canada
erstrawberry said:
Yes congrats sk march. I got decision made too. Hopefully we will get PPR very soon. Thanks
Congrats buddy

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hi guys! I've got a news! I've finally received COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence Issuance) today.
I'm so overwhelmed and excited and surprised and I don't know, it's just weird. I've been just waiting in nowhere for so long and I see the end of it.
Okay I'll be rational now. So they asked me to send a copy of my passport (ALL PAGES) and 2 immigration photos.
As I've said, I've recently renewed my passport and my old passport is not valid anymore. My new passport is 48 pages, now should I copy all of the pages which are all blank except a bio page? No stamp, nothing in there since I've got it on June 5, 2015.
What about old passport? it has stamps that I've been around to and fro in the most recent years. (although the last time was Aug, 2014)
What about visas? should I copy and send them too?
One more question, I am a citizen of a visa exempt country and I don't have to send my original passport according to them.
Am I going to have to go to the border to finalize the PR procedure after this?
Some say yes and some say no.
Any advice will be appreciated.. Thanks!

gopsgrg

Aug 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015 (rprf fee,police report,shcedule background)
AOR Received.
15-09-2014
Med's Request
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
29-june-2015
LANDED..........
inland
please need help and advise sending email to cic for sending dependent passport to local visa office.
my stupid reprsentative says i have to bring my wife(dependent) passport aswell to canada and my wife has her passport in back home with her.i know we can send an email to cic asking for change of visa office . so please advise me who ever did it earlier.

what are the things do i need to write on the email and what are the documents do i have to attach on the email.

thanks.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
gopsgrg said:
please need help and advise sending email to cic for sending dependent passport to local visa office.
my stupid reprsentative says i have to bring my wife(dependent) passport aswell to canada and my wife has her passport in back home with her.i know we can send an email to cic asking for change of visa office . so please advise me who ever did it earlier.

what are the things do i need to write on the email and what are the documents do i have to attach on the email.

thanks.
Dependents will never get visitor visa when immigration visa is already filed and approved.
Coming to the point, you already have passport request email right? if so then forward that email and ask local visa office if they can accommodate stamping as your family is in that country.

Apatel22

Nov 14, 2013
gopsgrg said:

Hi ...
Just send them email requesting the change of visa office for stemping u r dependent passport and remember when u sending your self passport to ottawa just attach the cover leter explaining the situation and also attach the email print out that you send for stemping request change ...
Cic working nicely once they get u r passport and the cover letter they will send u the requested detail and another email for u r spouse .. In my case they send me right way once they receive my wife passport and explain letter ... I m going to submit my passport today in vfs india ...
Good luck

gopsgrg

Aug 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015 (rprf fee,police report,shcedule background)
AOR Received.
15-09-2014
Med's Request
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
29-june-2015
LANDED..........
inland
Apatel22 said:
gopsgrg said:

Hi ...
Just send them email requesting the change of visa office for stemping u r dependent passport and remember when u sending your self passport to ottawa just attach the cover leter explaining the situation and also attach the email print out that you send for stemping request change ...
Cic working nicely once they get u r passport and the cover letter they will send u the requested detail and another email for u r spouse .. In my case they send me right way once they receive my wife passport and explain letter ... I m going to submit my passport today in vfs india ...
Good luck
thanks for ur help apatel22 :)