+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - April PNP PR Batch :)

status87

Sep 21, 2012
May anyone please guide on How long does it generally take after IN PROCESSING stage for passport request.Do they send an email or the status is updated on CIC website?

irisuppal

Aug 5, 2014
Hi garyking
Even I got my ppr on 8th may. My spouse is also in india. Can you please tell me how his passport can be stamped in new delhi and what will be the estimated time for that process. Please reply.

Noblekish

May 8, 2015
irisuppal said:
Hi garyking
Even I got my ppr on 8th may. My spouse is also in india. Can you please tell me how his passport can be stamped in new delhi and what will be the estimated time for that process. Please reply.
Its even faster than Ottawa, my friend's wife got it stamped and returned in 5 days!!!

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Hi. I might go through with the same problem bec my hubby is not in canada. 1 day in God's time, if they request for passport stamped for him, does he needs to send it to ottawa too or send to the nearest embassy in his country

irisuppal

Aug 5, 2014
Hi Noblekish
Thank you so much for reply sir. Can you please tell me what documents are required? Also how much time does Ottawa takes to reply and what kind of visa does new delhi issue to spouse? Pr visa or work visa? Thank you.

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
tinacraigg said:
Hi. I might go through with the same problem bec my hubby is not in canada. 1 day in God's time, if they request for passport stamped for him, does he needs to send it to ottawa too or send to the nearest embassy in his country

Hi Tinacraigg,
Your spouse can send you his passport when you get passport from Ottawa, you can send both passport to Ottawa together.

Noblekish

May 8, 2015
irisuppal said:
Hi Noblekish
Thank you so much for reply sir. Can you please tell me what documents are required? Also how much time does Ottawa takes to reply and what kind of visa does new delhi issue to spouse? Pr visa or work visa? Thank you.
Ok here is the info !!

As far as i know the Bill passed in 1981 didnt permit to mail inbound or outbound a passport from or to INDIA!!
None of the courier services can do it i did my checks already so there are only 2 solutions !!

1) If the principle applicant in canada can bring the passport from the spouse from their country on their last visit or can send it with a third person a family friend who coming back to canada visit home for vacation it is leagally possible if an authorization letter issed by the passport holder) !!
So both principle applicNt and dependants can submit both passport at OTTAWA!!

2) This is the proper way . In the Passport request letter cic clearly states if your dependant is outside north america and you want arrangements to print the resident visa in a different visa office send an email with your request, cic will make arrangements to print the resident visa (PR) in a different visa office with in their range. For indian dependants the visa office is NEW DELHI. So after wait for a bit,not too long (2 weeks tops) they Issue another request . Print that letter with the passports and any photos (if requested only) send them to New Delhi and your visa will get stamped and send back in 2 weeks similar to Ottawa. (my friend did it last week for his wife got in 5 days)
This is the exact wordings i got

"If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office"

irisuppal

Aug 5, 2014
Thanks Noblekish
One last question please, when sending email to Ottawa regarding dependent in india do I have to wait too or i can send my passport to Ottawa immediately for stamping?

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another week hoping for IP. Not even PPR lol. March 18 2014 applicant here. I've been waiting 14 months. In land applicant AINP.

trunal89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
27-01-2015, 23-02-2015, 25-04-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
11-04-2014
IELTS Request
PROVIDED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
27-01-2015
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014, Reassessment done on 21st May, 2015
Interview........
WAITING...
Passport Req..
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada.
SpoonRaccoon said:
Another week hoping for IP. Not even PPR lol. March 18 2014 applicant here. I've been waiting 14 months. In land applicant AINP.

Let's be happy about others getting it... I'm 10th march applicant, got in process on 20th April, waiting for DM or PPR...

No option other than waiting more... we've a friend here who got it just after 16.75 month...

Noblekish

May 8, 2015
irisuppal said:
Thanks Noblekish
One last question please, when sending email to Ottawa regarding dependent in india do I have to wait too or i can send my passport to Ottawa immediately for stamping?
You have to wait for instructions before sending passport. Basically it wont make much difference but always its better to wait until you heard something back from cic.

Sk_march

Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio-Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
21-05-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
monlin99 said:
Hi,
I am the same, Mar 10th applicant with dependent in China.
IP since Sep 10th and there is no update after that.
GCMS notes says file was transferred to CIO-MEDS on 29th of Jan 2015.
Called agent two weeks ago and was told file still in Sydney.
Hi monlin99 ... Did you get any update yet ???