MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

dodgeviper

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please update my status in the sheet

Test Invite: 21st Sep 2017
Test Date: 19th Oct 2017
Test passed with 20/20. Waiting for next step.

As per citizenship officer they do test/oath in Victoria every three to four months and next will be in Feb/March time frame.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning Guys..

First, congratulations to those finally finished the process.

As for those who haven't yet, any idea about the reason for delay?!
My application is "In Process" since April 6th! I haven't anything from them since then!!

I'm not in a hurry, I just want to understand the reason for this slow processing of the application, specially for those in Toronto region.

I see some of those who applied 3 or 4 months after us, already had the oath!

What's going on and what are the reasons for this on-purpose slowness?!

Thanks.

Last edited:

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Can someone please update my status in the sheet

Test Invite: 21st Sep 2017
Test Date: 19th Oct 2017
Test passed with 20/20. Waiting for next step.

As per citizenship officer they do test/oath in Victoria every three to four months and next will be in Feb/March time frame.
updated.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Good morning Guys..

My application is "In Process" since April 6th! I haven't anything from them since then!!

I'm not in a hurry, I just want to understand the reason for this slow processing of the application, specially for those in Toronto region.

Thanks.
I think in your case you could give them a call and ask?
It might be that you are still stuck in background checks. For some countries they appear to take longer than for others.
Hope it moves soon!

Usagi_

Oct 10, 2017
Good morning Guys..

Thanks.
I have the same issue as well. My application has been in process since March 31 but so far no single update as of yet.
I'm in the Mississauga region.

I've read on this forum that Mississauga and Toronto offices are one of the slowest in processing these applications.
If anyone on here knows another reason for this delay I would like to know as well :/

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think in your case you could give them a call and ask?
It might be that you are still stuck in background checks. For some countries they appear to take longer than for others.
Hope it moves soon!
Hello Stef
Thanks for your reply.

Well, calling them is not really useful in most cases. Many have called them, and the typical answers are "we cannot make your application processing go faster" and/or "the processing time could take up to 12 months"!

Yeah..I know..not helpful!

I might end up giving them a call to hear these answers myself!
:)

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same issue as well. My application has been in process since March 31 but so far no single update as of yet.
I'm in the Mississauga region.

I've read on this forum that Mississauga and Toronto offices are one of the slowest in processing these applications.
If anyone on here knows another reason for this delay I would like to know as well :/

Hey Usagi,

Well..yeah, Toronto and Mississauga are generally the slowest regions in processing applications, but to see some applicants of June, July, and August already got their interview/test..makes me wonder what's going on with some other applications!

I hope things move a bit faster for everybody. :)

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Just received my Canadian passport. Took 7 working days in Vancouver. I went to the passport office directly as they check all your paperwork right in front of you and you do not have to leave your citizenship document with them.

Zaid Rehman

Oct 10, 2017
I am not sure if my name is on the sheet.... Can someone please add my info.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 12, 2017.

Finally.... I received an email (online status hasn't changed yet) this morning to appear for citizenship test on Nov 17th. Apparently, my file has been transferred to Scarborough from Mississauga. :)

All the best guys.......

Reactions: Pinocchio

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 28, 2017.

Finally.... I received an email (online status hasn't changed yet) this morning to appear for citizenship test on Nov 17th. Apparently, my file has been transferred to Scarborough from Mississauga. :)

All the best guys.......
I have the same IP and office and also just received the notice to write the test this morning in Scarborough on November 16th. Looks like many Mississauga applicants are being transferred.

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017

All the best guys.......
Added you to the March sheet.
We're in the similar timeline. My case was on IP since Feb 20 and I also received test invite today for test on Nov 15 in Scarborough.
Best luck to us for the test and move to the next step. ;)

Zaid Rehman

Oct 10, 2017
I have the same IP and office and also just received the notice to write the test this morning in Scarborough on November 16th. Looks like many Mississauga applicants are being transferred.
True. I hope everyone receives it soon, specially people who have been waiting since Feb and March.

Zaid Rehman

Oct 10, 2017
Added you to the March sheet.
We're in the similar timeline. My case was on IP since Feb 20 and I also received test invite today for test on Nov 15 in Scarborough.
Best luck to us for the test and move to the next step. ;)
Great. Thank you.

And congrats :). You patience was highly tested

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Awesome. looks there is a test invite rain today.

I've updated your timeline on the sheet.