+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

Pinocchio

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Now we must pay five time more $630. How long does take now days?
Interested only in real experience.
From application to the actual passport.
Thanks.
Greetings to a fellow Ukrainian! I am from Ukraine too.

It depends on where you live - based on my observations, Toronto offices (Missisauga, Scarborough) are the slowest - from 9 to 12 months. Prairies and Atlantic Canada look the fastest - from 3 to 6 months. You can apply for a passport on the 3rd day after oath ceremony.

Reactions: Ukrainiandude

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
Same here, please update my status to decision made. Also my processing office is in Scarborough not in Toronto. Thanks!

1. Received Application on March 22, 2017.
  2. Acknowledgement of Receipt on March 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 6, 2017.
  4. Test invite sent September 14, 2017.
  5. Test date October 4, 2017.
  6. Decision made October 6, 2017.
  7. ....

ace_420

Mar 22, 2017
I am just wondering when DM is updated in e-Cas after the test? I appeared in test on OCT 3 @ scarborough, passed, officer told me to wait for the oath. but in e-cas still saying 'in process'?

Pinocchio

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
My friend PapaBear received a test invite today. Scarborough office. Can anyone please update his data?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 31, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 9, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 5, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 21, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017

It depends on where you live - based on my observations, Toronto offices (Missisauga, Scarborough) are the slowest - from 9 to 12 months. Prairies and Atlantic Canada look the fastest - from 3 to 6 months. You can apply for a passport on the 3rd day after oath ceremony.
Thanks bro.
Glad to see you here.

Reactions: Pinocchio

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
I am just wondering when DM is updated in e-Cas after the test? I appeared in test on OCT 3 @ scarborough, passed, officer told me to wait for the oath. but in e-cas still saying 'in process'?
It varies case by case. Mine changed to DM 2 days after the test, also at the Scarborough office. I wouldn't worry too much about the DM online status since your officer basically told you DM in person after the test.

In any event, after online status changes to DM, you'll still need to wait for the oath letter which for some strange reason could take a few months.

We should be given options to book our oath ceremonies online after we pass the interviews.

ace_420

Mar 22, 2017
It varies case by case. Mine changed to DM 2 days after the test, also at the Scarborough office. I wouldn't worry too much about the DM online status since your officer basically told you DM in person after the test.

In any event, after online status changes to DM, you'll still need to wait for the oath letter which for some strange reason could take a few months.

We should be given options to book our oath ceremonies online after we pass the interviews.
Thanks silentcoco. My local office should be Mississauga but they scheduled the test and interview in Scarborough. I think they did it for redistribution of workload in different offices. My guess would be whomever local office is Scarborough they get priority first and then later comes up who were moved out of Mississauga to Scarborough for test ?? Is oath will be in Scarborough too?

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thats not true about prairies, maybe AB but Winnipeg I know for sure is very slow.

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
Thanks silentcoco. My local office should be Mississauga but they scheduled the test and interview in Scarborough. I think they did it for redistribution of workload in different offices. My guess would be whomever local office is Scarborough they get priority first and then later comes up who were moved out of Mississauga to Scarborough for test ?? Is oath will be in Scarborough too?
I see. I presumed that interviews and oath would be held at the same location, at least that's what I've been seeing from this forum.

Good luck on getting the oath letter soonish!

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Applied for my passport today! Takes 10 working days if you go directly to the passport office instead of sending it in. Also you do not have to leave your citizenship document behind as they check right right there.

Reactions: Pinocchio

olecram

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Wrote my test today. Got 20 out of 20 questions.
Please update my status on the spreadsheet.

Decision Made: Oct/18/2017
Oath Letter: Oct/18/2017
Oath Date: Nov/07/2017

Thanks