+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Waiting to write my test in a couple of weeks. I am a bit nervous and worried about memorizing dates from 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s. I continue to practice but seems to always get the questions with "dates" wrong. Just wondering, are there a lot of questions with "dates" on the test?
Thanks
Do not memorize any dates. The exam is super easy. If you know who is the first prime minister and the Atlantic or Prairie provinces, then you're good to go. If you wanna memorize dates, here's this link:

http://citizenshiptests.ca/practice-tests/

kjb007

Sep 10, 2015
Waiting to write my test in a couple of weeks. I am a bit nervous and worried about memorizing dates from 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s. I continue to practice but seems to always get the questions with "dates" wrong. Just wondering, are there a lot of questions with "dates" on the test?
Thanks
Hey

No questions on dates, etc. Based only on logic and living in the country for 3-4 years, without reading the book, you can easily score 50%. read the book 2-3 times for the rest. good luck!

Reactions: Joeeyes

olecram

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post but I have been following this forum closely for the past few months. Thank you so much for all your input.
Can someone please update my information on the spreadsheet?

* FP requested on May 26th;
* Test invite Sept 21st;
* Test date Oct 18th.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post but I have been following this forum closely for the past few months. Thank you so much for all your input.
Can someone please update my information on the spreadsheet?

* FP requested on May 26th;
* Test invite Sept 21st;
* Test date Oct 18th.

Thank you!
Updated.

saycanada

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

Please give some suggestions. i am from GTA.

my e-case changed to below and i have got my test letter today ( only for test) - Scarborough office

my question : can we get Test and interview and oath same day? if yes how they process it

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 24, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 6, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 19, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 20, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
well you will have separate letter/invitation for oath.......after 2-4 months from Test date.
I don't think Scarboro offers same day oaths. You can ask the citizenship officer about it though during your test.

saycanada

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Canvis2006,

thanks for reply, i am just curious about on line status # 4

do i need to call CIC ? or do i need to wait till test date ?

4. We sent you a notice on September 19, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

JVO

Feb 17, 2017
Please update JVO (son)
My son took his test last week and got oath notice 2 days after :)
I am May applicant and still no test invite :(
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 13, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on August 17, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 20, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 22, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 12, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.