+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the information. To be on the safe side I will state detail for the last four year, since Feb 2013 (time spent in Canada which they call relevant period) and you are right, I will wait till 6C is implemented.
You can expect some changes in the forms. They'll ask for the last 5 years instead of 6 and they'll also have a provision to gather information regarding to addresses you lived in Canada before becoming PR. So, you should definitely wait for the new forms, because the current ones won't be valid and don't make sense under the new law, as you've noticed.

Reactions: Najimi

navajo

Mar 21, 2017
If you want to update the stats I got an oath invitation yesterday for Sep 26. It's in Vancouver. Good luck to all of you guys!

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was looking up things about the test and came across this on another website:

"After March 15, 2010, you need to finish with at least 15 questions correct. Moreover, you must correctly answer all questions about the topics of right to vote, right to run for elected office, voting procedures and how to register youself as a voter. The test paper will indicate which questions belong to this category."

Is this true?

If you get 19/20 but miss a question about voting you wouldn't pass the test?

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I was looking up things about the test and came across this on another website:

"After March 15, 2010, you need to finish with at least 15 questions correct. Moreover, you must correctly answer all questions about the topics of right to vote, right to run for elected office, voting procedures and how to register youself as a voter. The test paper will indicate which questions belong to this category."

Is this true?

If you get 19/20 but miss a question about voting you wouldn't pass the test?
It's not the case anymore. There is not such thing.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi everyone
My application is in process since April 18th , Toronto ( mb the etobicoke office )
I am under the impression that processing has become very slow for those in March and April applicants ( not complaining ) , please if anyone here has a different perspective update us , I just hope we get at least test invites before bill C6 comes in effect , please share your status / opinion to help me understand better the situation ?
Thank you

SadaPk

Jul 26, 2017
Hi everyone
My application is in process since April 18th , Toronto ( mb the etobicoke office )
I am under the impression that processing has become very slow for those in March and April applicants ( not complaining ) , please if anyone here has a different perspective update us , I just hope we get at least test invites before bill C6 comes in effect , please share your status / opinion to help me understand better the situation ?
Thank you
I live in Mississauga. My family of 2.. application is in process since 30 March. No progress. Waiting. ..!

Pinocchio

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi everyone
Thank you
I live in Etobicoke, in progress since March 29. Haven't heard from them since.

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone
Thank you
We're all in the same boat. Check out the timeline spreadsheet.

Some Toronto people got super lucky and had their applications processed quickly - others did not. Not sure why or how that works, but you're not alone.

Average time looks now to be about 5-6 months to receive test invite. You'll probably get it within the next 6 weeks.

faisal123

Jul 23, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
0213, 4131
App. Filed.......
May 2009
LANDED..........
Nov 18th, 2012
You can update my status here, it says "Decision Made". No oath letter yet. Thanks.

Audrey2013

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
I passed my test this morning and Tomorrow is my oathtaking ceremony.
Please kindly update my timeline.

I would like to thank this group for helping me and giving me some advice in preparation for my test.

Reactions: silentcoco