+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

Taname

Jun 24, 2017
GOT A CALL FROM CIC LAST WEEK,WONDERING IF ANYONE RECEIVED CALL FROM CIC FEW WEEKS OR FEW DAYS TO YOUR OATH CEREMONY NOT TO COME FOR THE CEREMONY BECAUSE THEY MADE A MISTAKE OR ERROR SENDING YOU THE OATH LETTER BEFORE YOUR CLEARANCE CAME THROUGH,THAT YOUR CLEARANCE IS NOT CLEAR YET THEY WILL RESCHEDULE YOU FOR ANOTHER CEREMONY ONCE ALL CLEARANCES ARE VALID.
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE IF THE SAME SITUATION AND STILL GET ANOTHER OATH LETTER AFTER FEW MONTHS. HOW COME CIC WILL BE DOING SUCH MISTAKES?
THANKS GUY.

CapetoCanada

Mar 2, 2017
;D sent my applications today ::)
Hi all. Myself and child obtained my citizenship on Saturday 1 July 2017 This was my quick process.. please don't ask how and why that quick etc, I don't have answers to their processing times... The application was for myself and my child. Goodluck to all.

Scarborough office

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 13, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 15, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 7, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 28, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 8, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 1, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Last edited:

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. Myself and child obtained my citizenship on Saturday 1 July 2017 This was my quick process.. please don't ask how and why that quick etc, I don't have answers to their processing times... The application was for myself and my child. Goodluck to all.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 13, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 15, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 7, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 28, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 8, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 1, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
It's helpful to know your local office. For anyone posting their timeline, please include your location.

QueenLeo

Jul 3, 2017
Hi everyone

My Office: Ottawa
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 24, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 4, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 23, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 8, 2017 at 8:15 AM.
I am Still waiting for my letter to appear and take the oath of citizenship. My friend whom took the test the same day with me received hers over a week ago for the 15th of July.

Hashad

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOT A CALL FROM CIC LAST WEEK,WONDERING IF ANYONE RECEIVED CALL FROM CIC FEW WEEKS OR FEW DAYS TO YOUR OATH CEREMONY NOT TO COME FOR THE CEREMONY BECAUSE THEY MADE A MISTAKE OR ERROR SENDING YOU THE OATH LETTER BEFORE YOUR CLEARANCE CAME THROUGH,THAT YOUR CLEARANCE IS NOT CLEAR YET THEY WILL RESCHEDULE YOU FOR ANOTHER CEREMONY ONCE ALL CLEARANCES ARE VALID.
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE IF THE SAME SITUATION AND STILL GET ANOTHER OATH LETTER AFTER FEW MONTHS. HOW COME CIC WILL BE DOING SUCH MISTAKES?
THANKS GUY.
It sounds weird, CIC usually do not call people, double check by calling CIC help line.

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife passed the test on June 6 ( one month ago today) my wife got DM the next day but my case as well as my kids are still IP... I called cic they told me every thing is ok but your security check is not cleared yet... does anyone has the same case...is there a time frame for security check...is that normal please share your experiences

My ecas shows as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 10, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 11, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.