+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like April and May were deleted too. Can whoever created the document recover or reverse edits?
@imran01 is the spreedsheet owner.

Can you please recover it?

I have a backup that's about 2 months old....I can recover it but we will lose 2 months worth of data

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Reactions: silentcoco

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
It's more about phrasing rather than content. Let's say, what Canadians remember on November 11? answer could be not only "Remembrance Day" but also "people fallen in wars for Canada"
If you thoroughly read Discover Canada, nothing to worry about.
thank you so much

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I restored Feb 2017 using the backup I had. The backup is from mid-April, so we might have some data points that still need updating

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!
I called CIC call centre a few times since I applied (3or 4 times) the last time I called the agency asked me ( are you worried of something because you called a few times? Every time I called I had a question or concern. Do you think my process delay for a reason?

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
We're only missing February and I'll work on recovering that. Everything else is just fine.
is it possible for you to add me up in February applicants \
thank you

Reactions: Ghost13

kjb007

Sep 10, 2015
Guys, something is all wrong with the file again. In Feb, its written rejected everywhere and in March, for my application there are dates there that I did not put. Could be same for other people. Someone is really being very mean.

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, something is all wrong with the file again. In Feb, its written rejected everywhere and in March, for my application there are dates there that I did not put. Could be same for other people. Someone is really being very mean.
Lol, what a sad life someone must live to troll a citizenship forum spreadsheet. Until this gets solved or the person gets bored, just post your updates on here. I can pretty much tell you though, if you're in Mississauga, it's not moving anywhere anytime soon it seems.

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
The intent to reside is different from physical residence. Going for a brief vacation abroad during the application process, and return back to Canada for work or residence should not constitute as lack of intention to reside. This is clarified by CIC in a note box as below:

Note: The intent to reside requirement must not be confused with the residence/physical presence requirement. The latter requires that an applicant must reside/be physically present for a certain period of time in Canada before applying for citizenship.

You will see this paragraph if you complete the reading:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/intention.asp

@tameraq @Stef..

Here is the official CIC website talking about this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/intention.asp

Here is the quote:

"For brevity, throughout this program delivery instruction, the term “intent to reside” will be used to refer to the intentions referred to in paragraphs 5(1)(c.1) and 11(1)(e) of the Act.

Subsection 5(1.1) of the Act states that for the purposes of paragraphs 5(1)(c.1) and 11(1)(e), the person’s intention must be continuous from the date of their application until they have taken the Oath of Citizenship.

Officers will be assessing the applicant’s intention if granted citizenship (i.e., what the applicant intends to do after becoming a citizen). Applicants must hold this intention to reside if granted citizenship from the time they sign their application to the time they take the Oath. The intent to reside is required to obtain citizenship but no longer applies once citizenship is granted. Once citizenship is granted, a citizen has the right to enter, remain in, and leave Canada as guaranteed by the Charter."

I would recommend being very very careful with this issue

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
I think you are safe. The intent to reside is different from physical residence. Going for a brief vacation abroad during the application process, and returning back to Canada for work or residence should not constitute as lack of intention to reside. This is clarified by CIC in a note box as below:

Note: The intent to reside requirement must not be confused with the residence/physical presence requirement. The latter requires that an applicant must reside/be physically present for a certain period of time in Canada before applying for citizenship.

You can read this paragraph from link below in the blue box:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/intention.asp

Thanks for the explanation and the link Eddy. I understand your point that it is not worth it to leave while application is in process. but I already booked a flight to visit my folks while my application will be still in process. I get you that applicant must hold the intention to reside until he/she takes the oath, but if I go on my annual vacation for 3 weeks does that mean I have no intention to reside in Canada. if the officer asks me why did you leave for 3 weeks while your application was in process i will simply say that i went on my annual vacation. Can he say Oh this means that you do not intend to reside in Canada! It could happen I guess if i had to deal with a pain in the butt officer.

Last edited:

silentcoco

May 24, 2017
App. Type: Individual
Physical Presence: 1488

Application sent: March 20, 2017
Application Delivered: March 21, 2017
Acknowledgement of Receipt: March 27, 2017
In Process: April 6, 2017
... still waiting ....:)

Last edited: