+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Just came back from the test/interview. Test was a little harder than I expected. Same questions you can find on Citizenshipcounts and Yourlibrary but asked in a bit different way. If you can do those tests, means you will be good with the real test too. Took couple minutes to respond to questions. Got 19/20, not sure where I made a mistake as I was sure I was right on all of them. This does not really matter as long as I passed 15. I first responded to all those I know, marked those I had a little doubt with. Was planning to go back to them when done. When done, did not go back to those I had doubt with because even if they were wrong, I would still pass. I wanted out asap.

Interview was not an interview, she quickly checked my docs in less than a minute, asked to sign a document that says that all info provided until today is correct. She asked whether I intend to live in Canada if granted citizenship, I said yes, they marked something. She spent 3-4 minutes checking my 20-25 stamps. 3-4 were missing, she did not care. I did not translate non-English stamps even though it was requested on the invitation, she did not seem to care either. And then, standard "you will receive invitation to oath in 1-3 months."

Total time spent was 50 minutes. Hope this helps. As you understand, I cannot share the questions I had at the exam.
I can understand that you cant share the exam questions ,,, however you mentioned that the question a bit different from the online quiz test ,,, I am just wondering how different ??? like how they phrase the questions ?? or what ?? thank you

khuwaja

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/10/2009
Doc's Request.
12/12/2009
Nomination.....
12/02/2010
AOR Received.
13/02/2010
Med's Done....
28/08/2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 12/10/2012 & PPR2 16/11/2012
Just came back from the test/interview. Test was a little harder than I expected. Same questions you can find on Citizenshipcounts and Yourlibrary but asked in a bit different way. If you can do those tests, means you will be good with the real test too. Took couple minutes to respond to questions. Got 19/20, not sure where I made a mistake as I was sure I was right on all of them. This does not really matter as long as I passed 15. I first responded to all those I know, marked those I had a little doubt with. Was planning to go back to them when done. When done, did not go back to those I had doubt with because even if they were wrong, I would still pass. I wanted out asap.

Interview was not an interview, she quickly checked my docs in less than a minute, asked to sign a document that says that all info provided until today is correct. She asked whether I intend to live in Canada if granted citizenship, I said yes, they marked something. She spent 3-4 minutes checking my 20-25 stamps. 3-4 were missing, she did not care. I did not translate non-English stamps even though it was requested on the invitation, she did not seem to care either. And then, standard "you will receive invitation to oath in 1-3 months."

Total time spent was 50 minutes. Hope this helps. As you understand, I cannot share the questions I had at the exam.
Thanks for sharing your test experience. I have a question. Did you sign once or twice i mean there were one document did you sign or there were other documents she asked you to sign?

Last edited:

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congrats Godzilla9! That's great news...

Thanks for sharing the feedback, especially about the interview and stamps. I actually have 2 stamps missing so I was very worried about this issue. Hopefully my interview would be as smooth as yours :)

All the best to the rest of us still waiting

Adam24

Aug 23, 2011
My timeline so far:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 6, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 26, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 18, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 9, 2017 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Congrats Godzilla9! That's great news...

Thanks for sharing the feedback, especially about the interview and stamps. I actually have 2 stamps missing so I was very worried about this issue. Hopefully my interview would be as smooth as yours :)

All the best to the rest of us still waiting
I am sure, it will be. Good luck!
My understanding she was not trying to match all stamps with my list of absences (Online Calculator), she wanted to ensure that all stamps were reflected on my absences list. As long as all stamp dates were on the list she was not concerned that I had extra absences that were not supported by stamps.

Last edited:
Reactions: EddyIT

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Thanks for sharing your test experience. I have a question. Did you sign once or twice i mean there was one document did you sign or there was other documents she asked you to sign?
There were couple. One is attached to your invitation to test, it reconfirms that you were not prisoned, terrorist, etc. Another was longer with my other details, I did not read all written there, it was basically saying that all I submitted and said are still correct.

Last edited:

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
I can understand that you cant share the exam questions ,,, however you mentioned that the question a bit different from the online quiz test ,,, I am just wondering how different ??? like how they phrase the questions ?? or what ?? thank you
It's more about phrasing rather than content. Let's say, what Canadians remember on November 11? answer could be not only "Remembrance Day" but also "people fallen in wars for Canada"
If you thoroughly read Discover Canada, nothing to worry about.

Reactions: paulvoyer

khuwaja

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/10/2009
Doc's Request.
12/12/2009
Nomination.....
12/02/2010
AOR Received.
13/02/2010
Med's Done....
28/08/2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 12/10/2012 & PPR2 16/11/2012
There were couple. One is attached to your invitation to test, it reconfirms that you were not prisoned, terrorist, etc. Another was longer with my other details, I did not read all written there, it was basically saying that all I submitted and said are still correct.
thanks

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline so far:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 6, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 26, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 18, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 9, 2017 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
which office are you applying at?

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

congratulations :). Thanks for sharing your experience.

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish to have a feedback on the case of my parents please.

They sent a family application for citizenship which was received on 27-April-2017. There was 3 applications in the package for my father, my mother, and my sister who is above 30.

up until today they haven't received an acknowledgement yet, what could possibly be the reason? and what's the longest period that some one should wait for an acknowledgement?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I wish to have a feedback on the case of my parents please.

They sent a family application for citizenship which was received on 27-April-2017. There was 3 applications in the package for my father, my mother, and my sister who is above 30.

up until today they haven't received an acknowledgement yet, what could possibly be the reason? and what's the longest period that some one should wait for an acknowledgement?
Check out this spreadsheet. You can click at the bottom on the relevant month to see how much time it took:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=538581391

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
somebody has deleted every thing on the sheet :eek:

March,17 is completely deleted!!

nadandfad1

Mar 10, 2017
Congrats Godzilla9!
I also did my test on the 18th- 20 out of 20
Interview was smooth as I never left after I landed in Canada.
Would be nice to have my ceremony close to Canada's 150th birthday it is s long shot I know, but one can dream
Good luck to all