+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

Hashad

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question about the citizenship test, is it going to be written or on computer? Thanks!

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
For anyone that is going to apply this month, don't forget to download the latest Application form.

I had one saved from a few months ago and it was already outdated. I was asking some general questions to CIC and they pointed out I had an outdated version of the form. The latest is Oct 2016.

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
Hashad said:
Received AOR March 7, 2017
Congrats! Did they email you that information along with your case information?

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am in the process of applying on March,2017. currently i am working on my application and I have a question.

- In the part where I should mention the address in Canada and overseas, should i mention the addresses of the places i stayed at during trips outside Canada or only my Canadian addresses? and what if some of my trips were like 3 months long?

- for year 2011 i was out of Canada since the end of 2010, so in my online calculator the count will start from march,2011. Should i mention the exit date on 2010 or just put the start date of the calculation as the exit date?

Thanks.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hashad said:
Yes, got email.
Congrats!

I got my AOR via email today as well.

Looks like I have the same timeline as @Saugan.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the status of the application to appear online on ecas after the AOR? I checked now and it still says it can't find me.

Thanks

XIWEN FU

Mar 8, 2017
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 21, 2017.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 1, 2017.
We started processing your application on March 6, 2017.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RH_Canada said:
Hi,

I am in the process of applying on March,2017. currently i am working on my application and I have a question.

- In the part where I should mention the address in Canada and overseas, should i mention the addresses of the places i stayed at during trips outside Canada or only my Canadian addresses? and what if some of my trips were like 3 months long?

- for year 2011 i was out of Canada since the end of 2010, so in my online calculator the count will start from march,2011. Should i mention the exit date on 2010 or just put the start date of the calculation as the exit date?

Thanks.
1. I listed all my addresses both inside and outside Canada (even hotels etc)
2. Personally, I just put the dates that fall inside the 6 year period they asked for. I had older dates from 2004 and 2009 I didn't include during which I studied and lived in Canada but didn't include as they fall outside of the eligibility period. If you want to include them to be extra careful you can

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XIWEN FU said:
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 21, 2017.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 1, 2017.
We started processing your application on March 6, 2017.
Congrats Xiwen!

Question please: When did your status start appearing online? After AOR or after In-Process?

Also, please update the spreadsheet with your info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=538581391

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EddyIT said:
1. I listed all my addresses both inside and outside Canada (even hotels etc)
2. Personally, I just put the dates that fall inside the 6 year period they asked for. I had older dates from 2004 and 2009 I didn't include during which I studied and lived in Canada but didn't include as they fall outside of the eligibility period. If you want to include them to be extra careful you can

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am confused now, because i called the CIC line and they told me if the application is saying address inside Canada then you only have the list the ones in Canada. you only list addresses outside if you have lived, studied, or worked outside.

personally i prefer listing all the addresses, but i don't know if this is right??

can i know if someone who has already got the citizenship did the same as "EddyIT"

Hashad

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EddyIT said:
Congrats Xiwen!

Question please: When did your status start appearing online? After AOR or after In-Process?
Your status will appear online next day.