12-10-2016
Visitors Visa for my parents in India:
Application submitted: March 4th
Biometrics submitted: March 8th
Biometrics updated in app: March 9th

HTCanadavisa

Mar 22, 2024
Applied Mar 12:
Applied for visitor visa for mother. Father was to stay in India due to his business. Maternal grandfather resides in India with mother and father and is their dependent.
Purpose of visit: to spend time with daughter, Canadian Citizen and sightseeing in Toronto. Provided day by day itinerary with hotel reservations and proof of medical insurance.

Grounds for refusal:
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

This was the second TRV application. First TRV application was in January 2022 for both my parents: At that time reasons given were:
1) Financial status and funds not enough
2) No strong family ties in India
3) Purpose of Visit.

In 2024 visa application, the first two reasons were solved, but still dont get the purpose of visit. Can anyone explain what the refusal means?

ssp4194

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
I have applied visitor visa for my sister (india). I am a permanent resident in Canada.

Application submitted - 05 March, 2024
Bio updated - 06 March (From previous visitor visa application back in 2019 which was refused)
Backgound completed: 06 March
Eligibility completed: 25 March
Final Decision: Refused

Reason:

I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) . I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

So, any suggestion what should i do next time when i apply again?

azhar_rm1

Sep 6, 2023
Hi,

i applied for visit visa for mom and dad. Once I submitted and tried to pay fees it showed me to only pay $185 ($100 applicantion and $85 biometrics) so thats for one applicant. I thought after i pay this it will show for another and i will pay that. But it took and and said its done. I went back in account and it showed submitted. Now my dad received client summary and now biometrics collection letter but my mothers only shows submission confirmation thats it? This is a weird situation, what should i do?

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Applied Mar 12:
Applied for visitor visa for mother. Father was to stay in India due to his business. Maternal grandfather resides in India with mother and father and is their dependent.
Purpose of visit: to spend time with daughter, Canadian Citizen and sightseeing in Toronto. Provided day by day itinerary with hotel reservations and proof of medical insurance.

Grounds for refusal:
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

This was the second TRV application. First TRV application was in January 2022 for both my parents: At that time reasons given were:
1) Financial status and funds not enough
2) No strong family ties in India
3) Purpose of Visit.

In 2024 visa application, the first two reasons were solved, but still dont get the purpose of visit. Can anyone explain what the refusal means?
if the purpose is to visit you, her daughter and to spend time with you, you should send an invitation letter

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
The situation is the brother already has a visa but his wife's visa is expiring but she has travelled to canada before so hopefully that wont be an issue.

We applied for the kid's visa last month (1 year old) but the officer rejected it stating the usual

1799( B)- that they are concerned that they will not leave canada
Do not have significant ties outstide of canada.
The purpose of the stay is not consistent.

Should we bother applying again with maybe a specific letter providing explanation to the officer's 2 objections? what are the chances of getting an approval? If you could please advise?

Also, should the mother's and Kid's visa be applied together? Since mother's visa is soon to be expiring.

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
I have applied visitor visa for my sister (india). I am a permanent resident in Canada.

Application submitted - 05 March, 2024
Bio updated - 06 March (From previous visitor visa application back in 2019 which was refused)
Backgound completed: 06 March
Eligibility completed: 25 March
Final Decision: Refused

Reason:

I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) . I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

So, any suggestion what should i do next time when i apply again?
Hi, I have applied for my sister's visitor visa today.

what documents have you provided and which additional documents you prepared to send them to show ties to home country, proof of funds and for purpose of travel?

Application type: Sister visitor visa via new IRCC portal
Application submitted: 26th March 2024
Application Received: 26th March 2024
Biometrics request: 26th March
Applied from: India

Last edited:

ssp4194

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hi, I have applied for my sister's visitor visa today.

what documents have you provided and which additional documents you prepared to send them to show ties to home country, proof of funds and for purpose of travel?

Application type: Sister visitor visa via new IRCC portal
Application submitted: 26th March 2024
Application Received: 26th March 2024
Biometrics request: 26th March
Applied from: India
The visa application for my sister is rejected. Now i am doing some research for which documents i can show next time when i submit application for her.

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
The visa application for my sister is rejected. Now i am doing some research for which documents i can show next time when i submit application for her.
I know the application is rejected, it always helps to know others what did you include in the application!

Also helps other people to give you any suggestions based on that!

ssp4194

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
I know the application is rejected, it always helps to know others what did you include in the application!

Also helps other people to give you any suggestions based on that!
I understand that. I used her employment certificate(which includes approved leave from job), pay stubs & bank statements.

Reactions: immietc