+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024- Citizenship Application

Safeperson

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I will be applying my citizenship application this month l but I just have a few questions:

1. last time I was traveling from India to Canada and I was transiting through US so the US border agent has put a "admitted with the date" stamp on my passport but i didn't go out of the airport. So while adding travel history under physical presence, do i need to mention that I was transiting through US?
2. Under immigration and citizenship status, Do I have to put the details of the visitor visa that have been granted to me from different countries?
Also I am a Indian citizen, the effective date for that should be my date of birth, but what should be the end date: not applicable or that date my passport expires.?
3. tax related question, I filed my 2022 taxes this January 2024 instead of last year and filed 2023 tax today, will there be any negative impact on my file for filing 2022 taxes late
Please help!!!

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I will be applying my citizenship application this month l but I just have a few questions:

1. last time I was traveling from India to Canada and I was transiting through US so the US border agent has put a "admitted with the date" stamp on my passport but i didn't go out of the airport. So while adding travel history under physical presence, do i need to mention that I was transiting through US?
2. Under immigration and citizenship status, Do I have to put the details of the visitor visa that have been granted to me from different countries?
Also I am a Indian citizen, the effective date for that should be my date of birth, but what should be the end date: not applicable or that date my passport expires.?
3. tax related question, I filed my 2022 taxes this January 2024 instead of last year and filed 2023 tax today, will there be any negative impact on my file for filing 2022 taxes late
Please help!!!
My experience
1. I had the same situation, but i only added the information under the main destination. I decribed that I had a connecting flight in the US and added the dates as my passport was also stamped when entering US and when I returned.. as of now my app has been accepted this way.
2. I only added the countries that I have passport, not visa information. The dates are issue date and expiration date
3. No consequences at all as long as you have 3 taxes files within 5 years eligibility.

Good luck on your journey

Reactions: Safeperson

Safeperson

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hello March Applicant.
Anyone who has put in their application can share their timeline so we all can have knowledge when reaching out and also add it to the spreadsheet if possible.

Note: This is an example of how it should be submitted. Thank you. Congratulations.

Citizenship Application Status:
ID: Safeperson
Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Family(3 members).
Application sent: March 28
Delivered: ??
AOR: ??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P3V8UJOTwiiYd2TC8O5a5rKq4GlqpAXq9Zr1rfrScSc/edit#gid=1181391563.

Last edited:

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

Please help!!!
2) Its not required to add Visitor visa status is what i was told in the other group as it was just for visiting purpose. Unless you have lived in the country it doesn't come under immigration as far i understood and clarified by seniors as well. :)

immutable

Aug 5, 2013
Submitted application today.

ID: immutable
App Type: Family of 3
Physical Presence Days: 1733
App Sent: 03-Mar-2024
App Delivered: Online Application
AOR Date: -

Safeperson

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hello, my fellow citizens. Please I need 2 volunteers plus myself to have access to the tracker sheet so we can input everyone's information. Please comment on this if you are interested. Thank you

Smithens

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
App Type: Online 1 Person
Physical Presence Days: 1100
App Sent: 05-Mar-2024
App Delivered: Online Application
AOR Date: -

Each submission for my personal ID's I submitted front and bank on 2 pages, same document for each (PR card one document, two pages for front an back.. same for drivers licence). Anyone thinks it's an issue? I've read people merging the pages but don't know if it was required.

luna213

Mar 5, 2024
Two separate applications

1) id: Luna
Toronto
App type: single
Physical presence:1780
App sent: march 1

1) id: Luna_minor
Toronto
App type: minor
Physical presence:1780
App sent: march 1

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1160
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) - Single
Application sent: March 1st 2024
Delivered: March 1st 2024
AOR:

Safeperson

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Congratulations to those of you who have submitted their application and have posted it on the WhatsApp group and likewise here. I have updated the March 2024 spreadsheet.

Note: Please when submitting your information, put it in this format——

ID:
Type: Online or Paper
App Type: Single/Family (How many if family)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:

Last edited:

Savi101

Mar 7, 2024
ID: Savi101
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1311
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) - Single
Application sent: March 1st 2024
Delivered: March 1st 2024