+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

conchstewey

Sep 4, 2023
Applied March 6, AOR received March 30.
Applied for OWP, no update yet.
Request for medical - April 5.
when you applied for a work permit did you pay the biometrics fee again? I already paid with my Inland application and it's asking me to pay for it again - did you just upload a receipt in Client Information?

bloominone

Oct 2, 2023
Applied on March 23, 2023, AOR on June 10, 2023. All steps have been updated to 'completed' in my PR tracker since August 18th. There has even been a COPR number in there since August 18th, but no portal emails, no eCOPR, nothing. I have tried contacting IRCC, but they keep telling me my application is in progress and they have no other information. We applied through a representative and this representative has missed emails in the past. When I try to contact them to ask for updates they either ghost me or tell me to be patient. It's very frustrating. I also got three ghost updates last week in the tracker, one on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. But still nothing yet.

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
Inland Spousal Sponsorship - CIC.CPC-Mississauga
  • Application submitted: March 31, 2023
  • Confirmation of receipt (Tracker): April 13th
  • Confirmation of receipt (email): April 20th
  • Sponsor document request: May 1st
  • Document sent by webform: May 1st
  • AOR: May 2nd
  • Biometrics and Medical Exams completed (Tracker): May 16th
  • Eligibility completed (Tracker): May 17th
  • Pre-arrival letter (email): May 18th
  • Eligibility letter - Sponsor (email): May 23rd
  • Eligibility letter - Principal Applicant (email): May 24th
  • Background verification (Tracker): Completed on July 11th
  • Information Request for PR Confirmation (email): July 12th
  • COPR Number (Tracker): July 12th
  • Replied to the email confirming personal information: July 13th
  • Portal Invite (email) for PR Confirmation: July 19th
  • Landing and sending address & picture: July 19th
  • eCOPR: July 24th
  • PR Card (PR Portal): Address: "Approved" | Photo: "In Review"
  • PR Card (GCKey Portal): GU1 - September 19, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
  • PR Card (GCKey Portal): GU2: Review of eligibility - September 27, 2023: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Your application was approved. We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
  • PR Card Arrived: October 03, 2023
VO: Etobicoke

Good luck to all of you!

Last edited:

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Inland Spousal Sponsorship - CIC.CPC-Mississauga
  • Application submitted: March 31st
  • Confirmation of receipt (Tracker): April 13th
  • Confirmation of receipt (email): April 20th
  • Sponsor document request: May 1st
  • Document sent by webform: May 1st
  • AOR: May 2nd
  • Biometrics and Medical Exams completed (Tracker): May 16th
  • Eligibility completed (Tracker): May 17th
  • Pre-arrival letter (email): May 18th
  • Eligibility letter - Sponsor (email): May 23rd
  • Eligibility letter - Principal Applicant (email): May 24th
  • Background verification (Tracker): Completed on July 11th
  • Information Request for PR Confirmation (email): July 12th
  • COPR Number (Tracker): July 12th
  • Replied to the email confirming personal information: July 13th
  • Portal Invite (email) for PR Confirmation: July 19th
  • Landing and sending address & picture: July 19th
  • eCOPR: July 24th
  • PR Card (PR Portal): Address: "Approved" | Photo: "In Review"
  • PR Card (GCKey Portal): GU1 - September 19, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
  • PR Card (GCKey Portal): GU2: Review of eligibility - September 27, 2023: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Your application was approved. We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
  • PR Card Arrived: October 03
VO: Etobicoke
Amazing, your timeline moves incredibly quickly! It only takes 4 months to obtain the eCOPR. Congratulations!

Reactions: rsm0703

bloominone

Oct 2, 2023
Funny thing is that when the BG check is marked as completed, the next steps follow each other without long gaps in between them.
I wish this was true for me. My background verification and all other steps have been marked completed in the tracker since August 18th. COPR number in the tracker since August 18th as well, and nothing since.

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Hey Guys..

Received my eCOPR on 23rd September.

I guess now I will have to get a refund on my OWP application.

Thanks for all the help and good luck to everyone.
Did the OWP application give you implied status to stay in Canada? I am wondering if that is the case whether you can withdraw the OWP to get the refund.

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I wish this was true for me. My background verification and all other steps have been marked completed in the tracker since August 18th. COPR number in the tracker since August 18th as well, and nothing since.
If your application is not being handled by etobicoke (hard to tell if you haven't received an email request to send your credentials), call IRCC and tell them that you haven't gotten any response from them (they'll usually say that they can do nothing, but some of them do something). This does not work magic, but with the right rep, they usually look into it and maybe leave some kinda note on your profile that draws the attention of the officers.

It is sad how slow they process applications, and how they pass information about ones application to the applicant. They leave people in the dark.

Marshmallows

Oct 6, 2023
OWP approved today. Took 144 days.
Hi Anvil, good day to you. Congrats. :) I just wanted to ask if you also send an application for Open Work Permit together with your Spouse Sponsorhsip Application? Or you only send one application which is the Spouse Sponsorship application? Thank you.

bloominone

Oct 2, 2023
If your application is not being handled by etobicoke (hard to tell if you haven't received an email request to send your credentials), call IRCC and tell them that you haven't gotten any response from them (they'll usually say that they can do nothing, but some of them do something). This does not work magic, but with the right rep, they usually look into it and maybe leave some kinda note on your profile that draws the attention of the officers.

It is sad how slow they process applications, and how they pass information about ones application to the applicant. They leave people in the dark.
Our office is Mississauga, not Etobicoke. We have tried to call IRCC multiple times but once we get through the hundreds of options, it always hangs up on use and says their wait times are too long.

Anvil_isopod

Jan 28, 2023
Hi Anvil, good day to you. Congrats. :) I just wanted to ask if you also send an application for Open Work Permit together with your Spouse Sponsorhsip Application? Or you only send one application which is the Spouse Sponsorship application? Thank you.
Thank you. You have to apply separately for OWP. You can apply for OWP once you have AoR (acknowledgement of receipt) from IRCC for your family sponsorship application.

NoemTrem

Aug 16, 2023
Hi! I'm new to the group and have a few questions. My partner and I applied in June 2022 for Inland Spousal Sponsorship (my partner has a student visa from France).

We received the CSQ in January 2023, medical visit, biometrics and eligibility are all passed. We've been stuck on background check since August 11th 2023. Did anyone get their PR for QUEBEC recently? Thank you!

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Hey Guys, We got the ECOPR today.
Submitted Photo and Address on September 12th.

VO: Montreal.

For those still waiting, I pray you get it soon. I pray your files are transferred to the Etobicoke office as they still work there.

Reactions: VLiu and Maria0000