+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
No, should I?
It wouldn't hurt!

I did. Webform had no use, GCMS notes shown that the last time they touched my file was back in March, so they actually just didn't work on my file for three months.
How long did it take you to receive the notes? I just ordered them yesterday, application sent on March 14th, biometrics and medical are marked as completed since April, background in process since April 19th, and eligibility not started. No sponsor approval email either. Last update on the tracker was on May 16th when I sent a webform to inform them that the sponsor became a citizen and they said they received it.

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
It wouldn't hurt!

How long did it take you to receive the notes? I just ordered them yesterday, application sent on March 14th, biometrics and medical are marked as completed since April, background in process since April 19th, and eligibility not started. No sponsor approval email either. Last update on the tracker was on May 16th when I sent a webform to inform them that the sponsor became a citizen and they said they received it.
Nearly 1 whole month. I received mine end of May.

I applied last October from Quebec, so eight months and counting now.

Reactions: irinaaas11

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
Is anyone else's tracker stuck for a month or so with no updates at all?
I see people that applied after me with eCOPR already, it seems that my officer is on vacation lol
My last ghost update was on April 19. No actual changes were made though. Otherwise, been stuck with Background being In Process since October 2022

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Nearly 1 whole month. I received mine end of May.

I applied last October from Quebec, so eight months and counting now.
Oh wow, 8 months? That's insanely long, sorry you're waiting for so long.
The strike didn't help the processing times either.

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
Here is my time line so far.........

Sponsor: Canadian
PA: British
Applying in: Ontario

Submitted: 29th March
Sponsor AOR: 4th May
PA AOR: 10th May
Medical Request: 10th May
Medical Done: 16th May
Medical Changed to Complete: 27th May
Activity Status Updated Eligibility: 7th June
Biometrics Requested: 7th June
Biometrics Done: 12th June
Biometrics Completed: 15th June

I think that is everything so far, will keep this updated, as of today (12th June)

Biometrics: Completed
Medical Exam: Completed
Eligibility: Completed
Background Verification: In Progress
Update to this....
as of today, June 15th
Biometrics: Completed

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
So we received a request to upload another marriage certificate, because the one we uploaded is not the acceptable type. We've gotten the acceptable type from vital statistics, and got it transmitted to IRCC today. I noticed that on PA's tracker, eligibility says "in progress", but on Sponsor's tracker, the application timeline says: "Eligibility status has been updated to Completed". Is this normal? I am guessing that since the request to provide the correct marriage certificate was sent to PA, that is why the eligibility for PA is still in progress, but sponsor's is complete. Someone help clarify this. Thanks.
IRCC emailed again yesterday, requesting the same document that was already transmitted to them. I called, and the rep just said I should re-upload it with the letter they sent me. I pray they sort it out this time.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
So something weird happened with my application. Both tracker and GCKey were showing background in progress and eligibility review not started. I checked today, tracker is unchanged but the GCKey now shows eligibility in progress and background check not started... very confusing. Waiting on the GCMS notes to shed light on this.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Hi guys, I just received the pre-arrival services email, and it shows that I can prepare for my new life in Canada. The fact is that I applied for PR in Canada, and I am always in Canada. So, what should I do right now? Does this email mean that I will get the final decision soon? Thanks!
Also, I would like to share my timeline for your reference.

Application (In-land common law): 2023-03-15
AOR: 2023-04-13
Biometrics was done previously
Medical exam request: 2023-05-04
Medical exam done: 2023-05-18
Medical exam complete: 2023-06-09
Pre-arrival services email: 2023-06-17

Zuzu1983

Mar 23, 2023
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-03-2023
AOR Received.
01-04-2023
Med's Request
06-04-2023
Med's Done....
10-04-2023
I'm in the same boat - just received pre-arrival message in the GCKey tracker yesterday.. My wife has been living in Canada for 10 years (we applied inland - spousal), not sure why they would send this and what it means for our file?
Otherwise we haven't received any update since Biometrics and medical were passed (May 11).

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
I'm in the same boat - just received pre-arrival message in the GCKey tracker yesterday.. My wife has been living in Canada for 10 years (we applied inland - spousal), not sure why they would send this and what it means for our file?
Otherwise we haven't received any update since Biometrics and medical were passed (May 11).
Someone says we should receive the final decision within a couple of days after getting this email. Let's expect that.

sandymarcus

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Someone says we should receive the final decision within a couple of days after getting this email. Let's expect that.
Whoever said that to you, YES it is right. After Pre-Arrival some people got PR approval in couple of days and most of them got it within 2 weeks. At least invite to the PR portal account. Keep your eyes open and keep positing your timelines here, it will be helpful for others.

Thank you.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Whoever said that to you, YES it is right. After Pre-Arrival some people got PR approval in couple of days and most of them got it within 2 weeks. At least invite to the PR portal account. Keep your eyes open and keep positing your timelines here, it will be helpful for others.

Thank you.
I just got the Eligibility completed, so I am only waiting to pass the background check, which has lasted two months at least.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Can you post your entire timeline here?
Sure, here you go.

Inland sponsorship, PR-common law
Submit: 2023-03-15
AOR: 2023-04-13
Background check start: 2023-04-13 (not sure)
Medical exam request: 2023-05-04
Medical exam done: 2023-05-18
Medical exam completed: 2023-06-09
Eligibility completed: 2023-06-16
pre-arrival services email: 2023-06-17

Background check is still in progress.

No additional progress.